Singapore Expats

Tokai Clinic (Thailand)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 8:04 am

baybiblu wrote:
takuda wrote:aadvark, was ur cheek and underchin lipo good? like is it just satisfactory(with an improvement) or is it like damn good? wad kind of lipo was it? laser/vaser/traditional?

and i also see tht ure interested in forehead augmentation. do share ur research with us..for a start, i shall begin..basically, we can use silicon, our own fat or medpor(which is more rare). Silicon, i guess everyone knows about the pros/cons, and also autologous fats. Apparently, i've asked dr pat about fat graft to forehead and his reply was ''he has done fat graft for 20 years but to forehead has been unsuccessful'' which is contrary to TW docs like dr chuang, who does fat graft to forehead successfully. he is also one of the few who does medpor if i'm not wrong. but for cost wise, dr chuang's fat graft is a bit steep. it's like you pay by no. of sessions(not a one time off thing) and it depends on whether you need to ''refill'' the fats ie dependent on how much has been absorbed..an implant on the other hand gives the results immediately and is a one time off thing..aadvark do share your research with us..am also interested.. :D
Hi Takuda. Some time ago, I was looking into having forehead implants to have a more rounded and prominent forehead (something like what Dawn was rumored to have undergone) and was told by many doctors that each round of fat grafting would usually retain about 20-30% of fats (the rest would be reabsorbed by the body). This would result in quite a few rounds of grafting to get the desired permanent effect.

The doctors suggested either using bone cement (not sure what this consists of) or using silicon implants to augment the forehead. However, I noticed that the bone cement costs more than double the costs for silicon forehead implants. Do you know why this is so? Do you know of the pros and cons of silicon forehead implants and bone cement for forehead augmentation?

I can't seem to find much information about this on the internet...
so far yanhee quoted me USD 1300 for a silicon implant for forehead. I asked Dr Pat during my recent surgery, and he said he does forehead augmentation using synthetic bone / bone cement. he said it wld prob require 2 pkts of bone cement, and each bag costs USD600. Not sure how much he charges for the op on top of that, have to get a quote from him.
i dun want a rounded forehead like most women want tho, i want a flat forehead which most guys have. just want to lessen the slope
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:30 pm

yes like what have been mentioned(though i am not 100% certain), forehead augmentation can be used 1)to reduce the steepness of your slope, maybe you can call that a receding forehead? 2)to further augment your already normal forehead to get the eurasian kind of look.

aadvark and i are looking at #1 whereas baybiblu is looking at #2.

cerspn: the logic is simple..it's like getting a chin implant. people with a receding chin get it to make it proportionate. others without a receding chin also get it maybe to make the chin EVEN sharper. guess that's the whole gist of it. my forehead is also leaning inwards like aadvark but maybe not as steep as aadvark's. so i am looking at improving it, and someone once said, the forehead from the side should be perpendicular to the ground. mine's just a little short of that.

baybiblu: pros and cons of silicon..mm..like you..tried the net but to no avail. what i know is..silicon has its usual ''properties'' of a nose implant, maybe like cheap, and in some cases ''fake looking'' but nonetheless, easily removable. one point to note is that silicon on forehead is like very very rare(i think none on this forum has ever done it) and dawn yang apparently DOES reveal her weird shapes under her forehead in certain pictures..i guess that's the con of silicon implants..

about the cement/bone thingy..never heard of it before..and never heard of dr pat suggesting it to me either..is it something like autologous? or what? aadvark: 600USD per pack is reasonable provided it is safe..afterall fat graft will cost way more than that..and even 2 packs of it will cost less than 1/2 of 2-3 sessions of fat graft. :)
Cry when you get ripped.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:43 pm

baybiblu wrote:Hi everyone. I consulted Dr. Pat a few months ago and he told me that my nose has a slight deviation and bends slightly to the right. He told me that he'll be able to straighten the nose bridge for about US$1000 which is only a fraction of the price that the other doctors quoted me.

May I know if anyone has done this procedure with him before and how was the outcome? Upon asking him, he told me that he's not an ENT and not an American & Thai board certified plastic surgeon either and it worries me a little in that aspect.

So far, the photos that Dr. Pat showed me of his nose work are of those who are modifying their nose tip and those who have a curve nose (have a hump on the nose) and it looks pretty good. Unfortunately it's not the nose surgery which he suggested to me.

Thanks in advance :)
hello, in my opinion, dr pat can yield good results as evident form boii18 and aadvark(ok maybe not the jaws) but with good communication i think dr pat is good enough. and yeah someone mentioned b4 he's not an ENT/board certified plastic surgeon or smth. but i feel that's not the point because someone with the abovementioned qualifications might not be able to give you something you like and people die in bumrungrad hospital too. lucks. (:
Cry when you get ripped.

Annakilly

Revision rhino

Post by Annakilly » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 3:29 pm

Hey Boii18,

You have a really nice nose now, your whole face looks more defined and slim as well
Just wanted to know, you changed your implant a second time right?
May i know if the swelling was as bad as the first time the implant was put in cause i was thinking of doing a revision to lengthen and sharpen my tip and i would like to know the rough gauging time of swelling through your experience!
I only have one week off work and i don't want to return to singapore looking like a freak show :oops:
I do hope you will reply me and TIA for all of your contributions!

Annakilly

Post by Annakilly » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 4:04 pm

takuda wrote:
baybiblu wrote:Hi everyone. I consulted Dr. Pat a few months ago and he told me that my nose has a slight deviation and bends slightly to the right. He told me that he'll be able to straighten the nose bridge for about US$1000 which is only a fraction of the price that the other doctors quoted me.

May I know if anyone has done this procedure with him before and how was the outcome? Upon asking him, he told me that he's not an ENT and not an American & Thai board certified plastic surgeon either and it worries me a little in that aspect.

So far, the photos that Dr. Pat showed me of his nose work are of those who are modifying their nose tip and those who have a curve nose (have a hump on the nose) and it looks pretty good. Unfortunately it's not the nose surgery which he suggested to me.

hello, in my opinion, dr pat can yield good results as evident form boii18 and aadvark(ok maybe not the jaws) but with good communication i think dr pat is good enough. and yeah someone mentioned b4 he's not an ENT/board certified plastic surgeon or smth. but i feel that's not the point because someone with the abovementioned qualifications might not be able to give you something you like and people die in bumrungrad hospital too. lucks. (:
Hey babybiblu,

Like what takuda said, many have went to Tokai (and nara) both of whom offers plastic surgery at rather cheap prices and have had their fair share of doubts.
But their surgery results come out looking good!
I personally had my nose done in Singapore by an established plastic surgeon in Mount Elizabeth 3 years back and honestly speaking the results were not fantastic, he was very quiet and did not seem to bother in what look i desired.
I still remember the whole atmosphere during my consultation was very awkward and he just didn't seem bothered which made me really scared and i did not dare further probe him in what he was going to do for me, it was really silly as i paid $150 just for that 5-10 minutes consultation.
I took the plunge and went for it as i didn't know about this forum and i was really kan chiong to look better. I really regret it now.
In addition to that i paid a whopping S$3k just for a silicone implant. After that, though the results were really mediocre, he kept praising himself indirectly by telling me how natural and beautiful my nose was. :roll:

My friend, also went there to get her alar done and there are two very ugly scars looking somewhat like keloids at the sides and base of her nose. He didn't offer much assistance and blamed her healing for the scar. He also offered to fix it for her but surprise surprise, he wanted to charge her for it.

I did my alar at yanhee by doctor greechart 2 months back as i was there on holiday and it was a really impromptu decision. It was a really brief surgery and i felt really assured there, though there was not much after care. I did it at 12pm in the afternoon and left at 6pm to catch my flight back to singapore. No pain whatsoever, just a lil tightness. The results are very good and i have no scarring at all whatsoever, and i did not need to remove my stitches as it was dissolvable.

So through my experience i feel that you need to be really comfortable with the doctor you are going for surgery with and you must ask as many questions as you need and not be afraid.
it is really a lifelong decision to get plastic surgery and i feel that since you are going to go through a rough healing time, you should try your best to get your point across to him to achieve the results you want at first go.
And i sincerely feel whats most important to a good plastic surgeon is experience! And singaporean plastic surgeons definitely lack that!

Just my two cents worth but i feel that i need to contribute back as i have been a silent reader all these past months :)
Btw thank you aadvark as well, you are really a helpful person having contributed so much in this forum, thanks!

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:27 pm

Nah i beg to differ; most people don't have 'ugly' foreheads. It really shouldn't be put in the same line as chin implants, which can and usually does make a significant difference in a person's look. Even if it were ugly, there's always the fringe to cover it up.

And honestly, people don't go 'look at that person's ugly forehead', it's always the other parts of the face that makes a person stand out, be it beautiful or ugly. The reason why i am kinda against it is because the methods for forehead augmentation are at best, primitive. They come with
risks (Read in various medical literature before, just lazy to dig it up) that i think are not worth taking, especially for the little benefit it will give someone, as compared to say, a nose job or dbl eyelid.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 7:06 am

Haven't seen most ops in Yanhee but I think the quality is abit questionable? But probably it depends on the doctor. My idea ( idea only, may not be true ) is that yanhee is a very production-chain hospital which try to improve efficiency and reduce costs at every production chain stage. The surgery will be very fast and minimal work done. I am not sure if best results and quality control are wanted since its a normal production chain most people would want that.. I think that dr pat generally offers far more personalised service, and better results vis-a-vis yanhee, not to mention lower prices.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 7:12 am

He is actually thai-board certified. I believe you read an old forum post, which was posted before he posted up his board-certification when pple confused about his qualifications :)

Board certification in Thailand, which is most important since he pass all the qualifying tests ( ENT ) : http://www.tokaiclinic.com/clinic/displ ... d=credit26

In America ( though this is not the main governmental board ) : http://www.tokaiclinic.com/clinic/displ ... d=credit23

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 7:14 am

takuda wrote:

He is actually board-certified; refer to my above post.. And has 20 years experience in surgery. Hmm. I think good communication is VERY important. I have seen cases patients dont voice out what they want, or didnt define how high is high or how low is low or even how natural is natural?

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Revision rhino

Post by boii18 » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 7:16 am

Annakilly wrote:Hey Boii18,

You have a really nice nose now, your whole face looks more defined and slim as well
Just wanted to know, you changed your implant a second time right?
May i know if the swelling was as bad as the first time the implant was put in cause i was thinking of doing a revision to lengthen and sharpen my tip and i would like to know the rough gauging time of swelling through your experience!
I only have one week off work and i don't want to return to singapore looking like a freak show :oops:
I do hope you will reply me and TIA for all of your contributions!
Yes I change it the second time.

swelling was better, because close rhion was done, but I did many other procedures as well at my 2nd time : lip lift, lip reduction ( both side ). so obviously i would take a longer time to recuperate.

i'm not sure about your tipoplasty, but I think 1 week plus is a good gauge, but longer time for tip to regain definition.

lubgooseberry

Post by lubgooseberry » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:03 pm

hi aadvark, can advise how much u pay for buccal fat removal and chin and cheek lipo? as i plan to do all 3 together next yr, thanks in advance :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 4:55 pm

cersepn wrote:Nah i beg to differ; most people don't have 'ugly' foreheads. It really shouldn't be put in the same line as chin implants, which can and usually does make a significant difference in a person's look. Even if it were ugly, there's always the fringe to cover it up.

And honestly, people don't go 'look at that person's ugly forehead', it's always the other parts of the face that makes a person stand out, be it beautiful or ugly. The reason why i am kinda against it is because the methods for forehead augmentation are at best, primitive. They come with
risks (Read in various medical literature before, just lazy to dig it up) that i think are not worth taking, especially for the little benefit it will give someone, as compared to say, a nose job or dbl eyelid.
yeah, the forehaed is not a common "ugly" feature, and it's prob not enuff to make a person go "ewww". but it does make a diff to the face tho, which is why a lot of female hollywood celebs augment their foreheads. read an article that "Bree" from desperate housewives overdid it to the pt where it looked a little alien, think it was season 2 or 3.

recently saw pictures of a model in men's health, looked really good from the front, but the profile pix look a bit off becos his forehead sloped very steeply.

i think one of the best times to have a nice forehead is during NS. having a nice forehead is impt if u want to look good with very short hair, and i'm a little tired of needing a fringe to hide my forehead.

here's an article :) http://exploreplasticsurgery.com/catego ... ontouring/
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 3:14 am

am tempted to go to Dr Pat, a picture tells a millionaire words and am very impressed with Boi18's nose, especially the alar. My nose isn't as wide as your before nose but my nostrils are bigger, and id like the nose width to be what yours is now. Ive heard good reviews on other surgeons like poomee but not from people that have actully gone to them. Ive had a look at preecha's before and afters and not very impressed i may say and there are no alar pictures either. Dr pat has quoted me 2200usd for rhino and chin implant. PAI quoted me 52000usd for the same procedures! ouch. as some of you have already mention is hard not to be put off by the low price offered by Dr Pat as you automatically assume price reflects quality.... I shouldnt really think this especially as I had my eyes done for 400usd which is very cheap but i am very happy with the results!

x

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 3:23 am

aadvark wrote: yeah, the forehaed is not a common "ugly" feature, and it's prob not enuff to make a person go "ewww". but it does make a diff to the face tho, which is why a lot of female hollywood celebs augment their foreheads. read an article that "Bree" from desperate housewives overdid it to the pt where it looked a little alien, think it was season 2 or 3.

recently saw pictures of a model in men's health, looked really good from the front, but the profile pix look a bit off becos his forehead sloped very steeply.

i think one of the best times to have a nice forehead is during NS. having a nice forehead is impt if u want to look good with very short hair, and i'm a little tired of needing a fringe to hide my forehead.

here's an article :) http://exploreplasticsurgery.com/catego ... ontouring/
lol actually without you even saying that, i always thought bree looked weird; the typical plastic-surgery-overdose hollywood face. My point wasn't really about it not making a difference, but whether that difference is justified. Almost everyone will benefit more from eyes/nose than the forehead.

You sure during NS best time to have nice forehead? All that combat training is going to wreck that forehead implant :o

boicott
Regular
Regular

hello

Post by boicott » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 5:08 am

Maverick21 wrote:Day 6 of my post op later will be heading down to Bangmod for removal of stitches though Doc said he is using dissolvable sutures but I still want to remove them.... Do not want to be seen in Singapore with the stitches on my nose hehe....

Nose is getting smaller by the day but there is still some swelling guess it will get better only....My friend have to keep assuring me it looks normal and natural haha...As for cheeks getting better too but still some residual swelling...
Glad you are getting better,

hope you can see your results better after the swelling has subside...