Singapore Expats

Pet Mobile pet sitting

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
BDIAS

Pet Mobile pet sitting

Post by BDIAS » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 4:56 pm

Has any one ever used Pet Mobile pet sitting services, and can give a recommendation? I have a diabetic cat that needs insulin shots everyday, and need to find a pet sitting company that can do that for us. If you know of any other service that you have used that takes care of sick animals please let me know. We do not want to board her because she will think we left her for the month that we are gone.

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 9:45 pm

We have used them a couple of times, they are reliable and our two cats were happy, well fed and looked after when we came home each time.

Everything was spic and span, eg litter trays, food trays and the like clean and well maintained too.

The guy who runs it might be young but he is very nice and thorough when taking notes about requirements for each cat seperately as well. They are also attached to a vet in case any emergency situations occur.

Good luck with this, I think some others here may also know of someone who does this as well, but I don't know her or her company name, sorry.

Edited to add: I just wanted to add that I can't comment on their ability in looking after special needs cats as ours don't require any special attention, but what they did do was very good.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

JimH5
Regular
Regular

Post by JimH5 » Tue, 28 Oct 2008 8:28 am

Agreed. .

We used Rick's company Pet Mobile this summer for about 7 weeks. He's very good, and bonded with our cranky cat.

We left him with keys and basically the run of our apartment, and everything was fine.

We are scheduled to use him again at Christmas. Terrific fellow, and seems very reliable.

BTW--I can't vouch for his ability to dispense medication.

BDIAS

Pet Mobile pet sitting

Post by BDIAS » Tue, 28 Oct 2008 1:59 pm

Thank you very much for your replies. That makes me feel better about using their company to look after our cats. Just so others know, they had said that they will give your animals medication too if needed. I just didn't know how well trained the staff was on giving insulin injections?

Leone and John
Regular
Regular

Post by Leone and John » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 11:03 am

have you considered having house sitters in?

I have used house sitters (pet sitters) for over 10 years now..... on the average once a month ..... and never had a problem.

my dogs are well cared for, my home is clean and tidy and everyone is happy.

I go thru two companies: MindMyHouse and HouseCarers
check google for both ..... as I cannot put the URL here due to it being advertising.

But really worth while and so much cheaper as no cost either way, PLUS your pets are in their own environment and not stressed.

As long as you do not have a vested interest and are recommending something is not advertising but recommendations which we encourage. We try to help others, not help ourselves. :wink: Therefore I have added the hyperlinks to your recommendations.

Leone + John Fabre
[ Singapore ]

guitarnoise

Post by guitarnoise » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 9:49 am

Does anyone have a phone number handy for Pet Mobile? The website is down at the moment and I want to give them a try based on the reviews here.

Leone and John
Regular
Regular

Post by Leone and John » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 2:30 pm

( first off, thanx to the moderator for the above)

Some house sitters - not all - are qualified to give injections and medication. Some are nurses and I had one a few years ago that was actually a vet traveling around!

Check out the websites and read each (appropriate) sitters profile. They will say IF they can do this.

My dogs don't need medication, so cannot suggest anyone in particular.

Good luck, whatever you do, hope it all works out for the best. For both you and the pet.
Leone + John Fabre
[ Singapore ]

Easterweiss

Post by Easterweiss » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:32 am

Rick's mobile # is 9099-8511.

We've used them several times as well and have been very happy with them.