Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
belowtherainbow

Post by belowtherainbow » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 3:27 pm

hi i'm not sure if anyone of you will b able to help me. but does sq only employ Singaporeans/PR's as cabin crew? A friend of mine who fulfills the requirements for a steward except that he is not a local. Is there any point even submitting an application? thanks in advance!

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 3:40 pm

belowtherainbow wrote:hi i'm not sure if anyone of you will b able to help me. but does sq only employ Singaporeans/PR's as cabin crew? A friend of mine who fulfills the requirements for a steward except that he is not a local. Is there any point even submitting an application? thanks in advance!
Don't want to let you down but you have to face with the fact.
The first and top requirement for SIA Steward is he must be either S'porean or M'sian. If you don't even meet that, should not go and try. Kind of wasting time.

Kimilogy

Post by Kimilogy » Sat, 27 Dec 2008 2:12 pm

AV1981 wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:
AV1981 wrote:Does anybody know where can I buy the Sally Hansen Leg Spray in Singapore???
Thanks.
I saw it available at Watson under the Sally Hansen corner.. should have.. it's $29.90 if i din rem wrongly. I guess many places (Guardian & departmental stores) have it..not that difficult to find.

Else.. there's also a new one that i discovered in Wisma Sasa ($20+).. it's a jap brand.. forgotten the name.. u can try if u want.. :)
Thanks Kimilogy,

I had tried to look for it at few shops but until now still can not find. Don't you mind giving me the name of the place that you saw???
I saw it at Watson but forgot which one already. Mayb u can try the biggest Watson in SG which is Taka??

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Sat, 27 Dec 2008 3:28 pm

i know where u can get one...City Hall watson selling sally hansen leg spray...hope u can find it:) i bought mine there...
Accomplish or do not begin

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Sat, 27 Dec 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks Kimilogy and Caryssa. Will go for it.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:48 am

belowtherainbow wrote:hi i'm not sure if anyone of you will b able to help me. but does sq only employ Singaporeans/PR's as cabin crew? A friend of mine who fulfills the requirements for a steward except that he is not a local. Is there any point even submitting an application? thanks in advance!
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Kimilogy

Post by Kimilogy » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 3:14 am

AV1981 wrote:Thanks Kimilogy and Caryssa. Will go for it.
No prob! You may also wanna try Sasa (wisma) for the Jap brand leg spray. But of course..Sally Hansen is a safe brand.

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 8:52 am

Kimilogy wrote:
No prob! You may also wanna try Sasa (wisma) for the Jap brand leg spray. But of course..Sally Hansen is a safe brand.
Kimilogy,

I found it at Watson (Taka) $23 only. But actually it seem doesnt really work on me. Sigh.
Thanks anyway.

Kimilogy

Post by Kimilogy » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 2:03 pm

AV1981 wrote:
Kimilogy wrote:
Kimilogy,

I found it at Watson (Taka) $23 only. But actually it seem doesnt really work on me. Sigh.
Thanks anyway.
i guess Taka Watson having 20% disc that's y it's onli $23. the con dition of yr leg very bad is it? else... shld be able to make yr leg looks abit fairer i supposed?

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 4:43 pm

Kimilogy wrote:
AV1981 wrote:
Kimilogy wrote: No prob! You may also wanna try Sasa (wisma) for the Jap brand leg spray. But of course..Sally Hansen is a safe brand.
Kimilogy,

Thanks anyway.
i guess Taka Watson having 20% disc that's y it's onli $23. the con dition of yr leg very bad is it? else... shld be able to make yr leg looks abit fairer i supposed?
I just want to conceal some of the tiny scars on my hand only. Nothing to do with my legs because I am a guy dying of flying :)
Are there any guys around here went through all the rounds? Can you guys lecture me how they do the skin check for Steward-wannabe??? Do they check something on your fingers as well?
Thanks.

simsandra_2

Post by simsandra_2 » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:31 am

hi... I'm new in this forum. Anyone going for the next walk-in interview on 17 Jan 09? Because I thought of going.

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:36 pm

simsandra_2: Yeah i'll be gng for e 17th walk in. :D
shinniestar: nope no outbreak. but every now n then when im close into my pms, (hormone changes) i do get big bumps of pimples still. Hmm, my sist is havin outbreak instead. but e med her doc prescribe is diff frm mine lei.

simsandra_2

Post by simsandra_2 » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 1:24 pm

hi chocopie, what time you intend to go??? maybe we can meet up and go together??? would you mind to add me in your MSN and we'll keep in contact from there.

my msn is: [email protected]

simsandra_2

To Care_Bear (Celine)

Post by simsandra_2 » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Gal,

I am interested to go to the interview as well. Please contact me through my msn ([email protected]). I am unable to reply your private message. Hear from you soon...

confidence=success

Post by confidence=success » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:08 am

Halo =D I'll be goin' to try.. No harm =)

Anyone else going? Please add me on MSN: [email protected]

Maybe we could go together XD

Good Luck!!