Singapore Expats

Advice moving goods from UK to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
dashbad

Advice moving goods from UK to Singapore

Post by dashbad » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 5:19 pm

Hi,

I am looking for advice on moving a few goods to Singapore. I will not be doing a large house move but only need to transport a few boxes (perhaps 3-4) and an office chair.

Can anyone recommend a reliable company to help with this? I'm hoping that the small volume and weight will make air freight a possibility, does anyone have any advice as to how much this might cost?

Any help or recommendations would be gratefully received.

thanks

smsnicholas

Re: Advice moving goods from UK to Singapore

Post by smsnicholas » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:48 pm

dashbad wrote:Hi,

I am looking for advice on moving a few goods to Singapore. I will not be doing a large house move but only need to transport a few boxes (perhaps 3-4) and an office chair.

Can anyone recommend a reliable company to help with this? I'm hoping that the small volume and weight will make air freight a possibility, does anyone have any advice as to how much this might cost?

Any help or recommendations would be gratefully received.

thanks

Patricia Low

Post by Patricia Low » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:47 am

what's the estimated weight of your cargo? Cos i understand that for air freight, they charge per kg.
Patricia

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 8:04 pm

have a look at www.sevenseasworldwide.com and do an online quote for what you want to ship.

Moving Around The World

Post by Moving Around The World » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 5:15 pm

With this small amount of volume I would send it via DHL, that would probably be cheapest (airfreight). I don't know exactly what the cost will be, it depends on the weight and size of all boxes together. Measure your boxes length x height x width. They always calculate in cubic metres or cubic feet.

Let me know if you need more info.

louy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by louy » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 9:18 am

Leave the office chair behind. I brought mine over from UK, and it just keeps going mouldy.

:???:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 26 Dec 2008 2:02 pm

4 Boxes airfreight, depends on weight but 89£ sterling for first 10kg I believe for normal postal freight. Courier a lot more expensive. There is a size limitation, so forget the chair, it is probably not suitable for the tropics anyway!