Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:18 am

baybiblu wrote:My friend had her jaw reduced at Yanhee last year and it was not done evenly (1 side slimmer than the other). The surgeon at yanhee did a followup surgery for her and managed to fix the problem without extra charge. However, she had to pay for the general anaesthesia and other expenses like antibiotics, etc...

I've been enquiring around for some cosmetic procedures for myself and all the doctors that I consulted in thailand offered free revisions but you'll still need to pay the addtional fees like those for anaesthesia.

Yanhee's staff told me that all surgeries done at Yanhee carry a 6 month guarantee and during this period, they will do the revisions for you for free should you need one.
yeah, it's true, went with friend to dr pitch @ yanhee for my fren's dbl eyelids. after op, the receipt they gave us does guarantee a 6 mth revision
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

heloise

Post by heloise » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 2:57 pm

aadvark wrote:
heloise wrote:
aadvark wrote:got back on sunday 7th dec with my friend from bangkok. my friend is now still hiding out at my place till he removes his stitches on fri, haha :)

Yanhee is a big hospital, PS is located on the 4th floor, whole level for PS.
I've gathered a lot of brochures but my scanner is spoilt else will scan everything in for u guys ;)

Dr Pitch told my friend he didn't need tipoplasty, so proceeded with just alarplasty and dbl eyelids. i told my friend to keep insisting to Dr Pitch he wants a much smaller nose. Dr Pitch was convinced to be more aggressive with the alar, so my friend's nose was visibly smaller after the op, even tho it was still swollen!

The eyelids are swollen still, so cannot see final result yet. Monday brought my friend to shop for supplements. we din prepare sineech for this trip at all. our flight was only confirmed on fri morn itself cos of the previous riots. it was quite surreal, we packed our bags, rushed to airport (nearly missed the flight) and 2 hrs later, we were in BKK :D

so the cocktail of supplements he's taking now:
- Sato Q10 (great for the skin and will help with my friend's acne scars as well)
- Tian Qi pills
- Vit E pills
- Pineapple juice

not too bad, can see he's healing quite fast, will snap some close up shots once he's recovered ;)
how soon after PS can we take VIt E pills?
gosh, is there a window which he cannot take, he started taking one the 3rd day. cos he was only taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatory, so i just assumed the cocktail wun clash :P
i think there is...but if ur fren is healing well then shdn't be a problem i guess...

BTW, rachel says she deosn't have stock for sineech till further notice...maybe i shd go get wat ur fren taking.

Ian20

Post by Ian20 » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 4:52 pm

baybiblu wrote:My friend had her jaw reduced at Yanhee last year and it was not done evenly (1 side slimmer than the other). The surgeon at yanhee did a followup surgery for her and managed to fix the problem without extra charge. However, she had to pay for the general anaesthesia and other expenses like antibiotics, etc...

I've been enquiring around for some cosmetic procedures for myself and all the doctors that I consulted in thailand offered free revisions but you'll still need to pay the addtional fees like those for anaesthesia.

Yanhee's staff told me that all surgeries done at Yanhee carry a 6 month guarantee and during this period, they will do the revisions for you for free should you need one.

Thanks, do you know roughly how much those extra expenses like anaesthesia would be? Shouldn't be more than 10 000 BHT would it?

And would I be able to tell that there has been a complication after a nose job in the 10 or so days im in Thailand? Because im from Australia, and if i get back home and then realise there has been a complication il have to pay airfare and accomodation expenses all over again, so will i be able to tell while im there so i can get it fixed before i fly home, or will my nose be too swollen? :roll:

Ian20

Re: Nose Job with Prof Somyos Kunanchak at Yoskarn Clinic

Post by Ian20 » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 5:05 pm

Vern wrote:Dear forumners,

I just had a nose job done with Prof Somyos Kunachak from Yoskarn Clinic in Bangkok. I'd like to share with everyone that I'm really VERY VERY PLEASED with the final result. It's even better than what I expected!

Although my bridge is not that low to start with, I had a rather bulbous and round tip, plus broad nose at the sides.

I had a very detailed consultation with Prof Kunachak (about 45 mins) in which he examined my nose very carefully, and told me what would be the outcome that would suit my face shape, what would be natural, and what not. He also recommended a chin implant so as to balance out he whole face. I hadn't gone prepared to do chin implant but took his suggestion anyway. And I'm very glad I did!

All in, I had an L-shape implant to raise my original bridge just a bit higher, tiplasty as well as alarplasty. Plus the chin implant. I did everything under G.A, and heard from nurses later that dorctor took close to 5 hours to do the job!

There was some swelling at the beginning but now at almost 2 weeks post-op, I'm really really loving my NEW NOSE. It is smaller, more defined and "sharper"; and all these without compromising the overall very "natural" look. I'm just so pleased I decided to go ahead with Prof Kunanchak despite the hefty price tag (it was about US$3500 for the nose jo alone, and US$1000 for the chin).

It is a huge amount of money, but I feel it's well-spent cos the final result is even better than I can ever imagine! Prof Kunachak, besides being a surgeon, is also very much the aesthetic artist -- which is why he took so long to just study my nose in relation to my whole face, at the beginning.

I stayed at Aphrodite Inn (which is also linked to Yoskarn Clinic) for about 6 days after the surgery, and I enjoyed very good post-op care with Prof Kunachak and the nurses who came by once and twice daily to check on my progress. I find their service very personable, warm and professional.
Thought I'd just share this with everybody who's considering doing a nose job in Thailand.

Cheers!
Does Prof Somyos Kunachak do FREE correction surgery should something go wrong with the surgery?

Vern

Post by Vern » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Ian20,

I'm never enquired if Prof Kunachak does correction for free if the patient isn't satisfied. But I'm sure if you email the clinic, they'll be happy to advise you. The email is: [email protected]

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:39 pm

Eh guys, dont be mistaken and think that the 6 months revision thing always applies. That yanhee case sounds like the only isolated case i've read of where the patient got a free revision.

Giving a revision is like the doc admitting he made a mistake. In most cases, the doctor is not gonna admit they made a mistake even though you yousrelf, who knows your own face best, knows something went wrong

Just don't be too trusting of this 'free revision' thing

Ian20

Post by Ian20 » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:22 pm

cersepn wrote:Eh guys, dont be mistaken and think that the 6 months revision thing always applies. That yanhee case sounds like the only isolated case i've read of where the patient got a free revision.

Giving a revision is like the doc admitting he made a mistake. In most cases, the doctor is not gonna admit they made a mistake even though you yousrelf, who knows your own face best, knows something went wrong

Just don't be too trusting of this 'free revision' thing
Yeah thats exactly what I'm worried about, that something goes wrong and they dont fix it, but then what do i do, i'd rather go to a doc thats done a revision in the past even if he doesnt follow up with a revision, than a doc that doesnt claim to do revisions, you know what i mean, atleast that way theres more chance it can be fixed should something go wrong.

Hmmmm to fly to Thailand and get the surgery would be roughly $6 000 Australian, where as to have the surgery in Australia it would be roughly $14 000, what do you think i should do?

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:28 pm

Ian20 wrote:Yeah thats exactly what I'm worried about, that something goes wrong and they dont fix it, but then what do i do, i'd rather go to a doc thats done a revision in the past even if he doesnt follow up with a revision, than a doc that doesnt claim to do revisions, you know what i mean, atleast that way theres more chance it can be fixed should something go wrong.

Hmmmm to fly to Thailand and get the surgery would be roughly $6 000 Australian, where as to have the surgery in Australia it would be roughly $14 000, what do you think i should do?
My take on this whole revision thing is - i don't even consider revisions in my mind. That is, i try to make sure whatever procedure i am going to undertake will be the one and only. That, of course, is a direct result of your own research and decisions that will guide you to a good/bad doctor. Sometimes luck does play an important role but you are really the one who determines how much luck is really involved.

What procedures are you looking to do?

Ian20

Post by Ian20 » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 1:33 am

Yeah ofcoarse i dont want to have a 2nd corrective surgery - I was planning to go with Yanhee but then I herd some bad reviews.

I want to get Rhinoplasty and Male chest liposuction/breast reduction.

Is there any sort of record database or website that shows a doctors succussful and unsuccess surgery ratios?

baybiblu

Post by baybiblu » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 1:35 am

Ian20 wrote: Thanks, do you know roughly how much those extra expenses like anaesthesia would be? Shouldn't be more than 10 000 BHT would it?

And would I be able to tell that there has been a complication after a nose job in the 10 or so days im in Thailand? Because im from Australia, and if i get back home and then realise there has been a complication il have to pay airfare and accomodation expenses all over again, so will i be able to tell while im there so i can get it fixed before i fly home, or will my nose be too swollen? :roll:
If i remember correctly, my friend paid about an additional S$800 for the extra expenses at the hospital.

She wasn't able to tell that her jaw was uneven after the surgery as it was quite swollen. Only after about 3 months when the swelling has gone down significantly did she realize the problem.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 4:01 am

baybiblu wrote:
Ian20 wrote: Thanks, do you know roughly how much those extra expenses like anaesthesia would be? Shouldn't be more than 10 000 BHT would it?

If i remember correctly, my friend paid about an additional S$800 for the extra expenses at the hospital.

She wasn't able to tell that her jaw was uneven after the surgery as it was quite swollen. Only after about 3 months when the swelling has gone down significantly did she realize the problem.
I think jaw surgery quite hard to ensure even-ness, but thats not an excuse cos the taiwan ones seem roughly(!!) even. Cause its such a long surgery, swelling will surely set in halfway thru the operation..... Nonetheless, this shows that extra costs of anesthesia and op room booking etc are always borne by the patient. dr chuang however offers free revision (totally) for BA if im not wrong, provided in a few months there is a silical rupture..
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 5:45 am

day 4 in bkk, just consulted with dr pat today.

the trip was thrown into disarray, cos my gal fren accompanied me here to BKK for the surgery. 2nd day we arrived, we went chatuchak mkt to shop. My fren got pickpocketed and all her cash ($1000 SGD) all gone. So end up, we surviving on my cash, and i had to use my surgery money as well, so cannot even contemplate Yanhee based on their prices. decided to give tokai a try else my whole trip wld have been wasted.

i called tokai this morning, and asked whether the doc was free to meet me for consultation today. nurse mistook me as wanting to speak to dr pat directly. dr pat came to the phone and asked what my name was. i gave my full name and he immediately said, Oh you are my old patient. i was duly impressed. i asked if i cld meet him at 5pm, and he said, you are my old patient, u can meet me any time. i was very touched :)

due to erm, shopping delays :oops: we only arrived at the clinic at 6 plus. dr pat was in surgery, but came down for a quick consult. he said my jaw looked better than b4, which i cannot deny from the side profile pix. but i said my jaw looks so much wider than b4 from the front. he dug up my old emails and he showed me the lee hom pix i sent him previously (my fren was chuckling loudly in the background, cos she was amused at how much i wanted to look like my idol :P)

he said cos my natural face was roundish, while lee hom's is oval, it's quite difficult to go against the genetics to achieve the same shape. he said he can revise for me if i really wanted to but he gave me the measurements for the implant and said that if he made it smaller, it wun be as defined as the current state.

he then suggested that my face looks wide now because my chin implant is too small and sharp. this is something i had contemplated b4 too. when i first did the chin implant with dr nara, he made it sharp cos my face was narrower and it was well-suited. but after my jaw implants, my face became wider but still tapered to a small sharp pt at my chin, which does look a bit unnatural.

i was much more convinced with this recommendation than dr pat's previous recommendation that i reduce my cheekbones to make my whole face smaller. he said that he usually charges USD800 for a new chin implant, but he wld charge me the same rate for revision. he then took out a calc and said that it wld convert to 27000+ baht. before i cld bargain, he said, i'll give u a special price at 20000 baht. wow, he totally changed my opinion that he was all abt the money :D

i told him whether i cld be sedated as i was still a little traumatised by my jaw surgery which was done under LA only. he said, no problem, he will put me to sleep, so no food and drink 4 hrs b4 surgery. i assume that means i'd be under GA, YAY! :D

will get my surgery done at 2pm *fingers crossed*.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:43 am

Haha good luck man aadvark! Hopefully this is the last jaw/chin procedure you have to do and everything will look good after. hehe :D

Ian20

Post by Ian20 » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 4:54 pm

boii18 wrote:
baybiblu wrote:

I think jaw surgery quite hard to ensure even-ness, but thats not an excuse cos the taiwan ones seem roughly(!!) even. Cause its such a long surgery, swelling will surely set in halfway thru the operation..... Nonetheless, this shows that extra costs of anesthesia and op room booking etc are always borne by the patient. dr chuang however offers free revision (totally) for BA if im not wrong, provided in a few months there is a silical rupture..
Thanks for the info, wow she had to fork out $800 when it was the doc that made the mistake. eeeeek :? , everyone told me that going to thailand and having "cheap tourist plastic surgery" was dodgy and very risky, but i would tell them no the hospitals/doctors are world class and more advanced medicine,. but now with all these bad reviews and extra hidden costs etc. im starting to think it is kind of dodgy

Ian20

Post by Ian20 » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 5:00 pm

aadvark wrote:day 4 in bkk, just consulted with dr pat today.

the trip was thrown into disarray, cos my gal fren accompanied me here to BKK for the surgery. 2nd day we arrived, we went chatuchak mkt to shop. My fren got pickpocketed and all her cash ($1000 SGD) all gone. So end up, we surviving on my cash, and i had to use my surgery money as well, so cannot even contemplate Yanhee based on their prices. decided to give tokai a try else my whole trip wld have been wasted.

i called tokai this morning, and asked whether the doc was free to meet me for consultation today. nurse mistook me as wanting to speak to dr pat directly. dr pat came to the phone and asked what my name was. i gave my full name and he immediately said, Oh you are my old patient. i was duly impressed. i asked if i cld meet him at 5pm, and he said, you are my old patient, u can meet me any time. i was very touched :)

due to erm, shopping delays :oops: we only arrived at the clinic at 6 plus. dr pat was in surgery, but came down for a quick consult. he said my jaw looked better than b4, which i cannot deny from the side profile pix. but i said my jaw looks so much wider than b4 from the front. he dug up my old emails and he showed me the lee hom pix i sent him previously (my fren was chuckling loudly in the background, cos she was amused at how much i wanted to look like my idol :P)

he said cos my natural face was roundish, while lee hom's is oval, it's quite difficult to go against the genetics to achieve the same shape. he said he can revise for me if i really wanted to but he gave me the measurements for the implant and said that if he made it smaller, it wun be as defined as the current state.

he then suggested that my face looks wide now because my chin implant is too small and sharp. this is something i had contemplated b4 too. when i first did the chin implant with dr nara, he made it sharp cos my face was narrower and it was well-suited. but after my jaw implants, my face became wider but still tapered to a small sharp pt at my chin, which does look a bit unnatural.

i was much more convinced with this recommendation than dr pat's previous recommendation that i reduce my cheekbones to make my whole face smaller. he said that he usually charges USD800 for a new chin implant, but he wld charge me the same rate for revision. he then took out a calc and said that it wld convert to 27000+ baht. before i cld bargain, he said, i'll give u a special price at 20000 baht. wow, he totally changed my opinion that he was all abt the money :D

i told him whether i cld be sedated as i was still a little traumatised by my jaw surgery which was done under LA only. he said, no problem, he will put me to sleep, so no food and drink 4 hrs b4 surgery. i assume that means i'd be under GA, YAY! :D

will get my surgery done at 2pm *fingers crossed*.
Oh no so after the doc made a mistake, u had to pay airfare/accomodation expenses and then on top of that 20 000BHT just to have it fixed? wow im really starting to get a bad impression of Thailand plastic surgery.

And what do u mean "he said no problem i'l put you to sleep" r u telling me some doctors in Thailand wont put you to sleep for a surgery? :o