Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:14 pm

how to get to Dr Puttisak?
what r his charges like?
never too late to change!

natashanovik

Yanhee

Post by natashanovik » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 4:19 am

Big hello to all here!

So glad I found this forum, spent a gd part of Friday night scanning thru and taking down details of all the relevant docs earliers.

Anyway, I'm looking to get my nose done asap - Low bridge, bulbous nose, wide nostrils. Has previously gotten my eyelids done by Virat at Yanhee in 2002, and was looking to go back there.

However, having stumbled upon this thread, I'd like to ask all you helpful peeps:

1. If it's possible to fly back to SG say, 5 days after surgery with alarpasty?

Went down for consultation in March and was told by this uhm, not very convincing doc - Juta Jansi tt I should stay abt 10 days lest the wound opens mid-air on the plane!? (Since its open surgery - involves cutting skin and sewing back to uhm, make the nostrils smaller) -_-"

2. So who are the recommended doctors at Yanhee (who does tipoplasty)
- Dr. Greechart and Dr. Sukit? Or Dr. Pitch?

3. How is the healing period like? Anyone who has done rhino, alarplasty and tipoplasty able to share?

4. Lastly, I'm going alone - though I read that its better to have someone to look after you. Looking at flying right after Christmas.

Anybody keen to go to Yanhee/Bkk during this period too?

TIA to all, cheers!
Last edited by natashanovik on Sat, 20 Dec 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: Nose Job with Prof Somyos Kunanchak at Yoskarn Clinic

Post by aadvark » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 5:50 am

Vern wrote:Dear forumners,

I just had a nose job done with Prof Somyos Kunachak from Yoskarn Clinic in Bangkok. I'd like to share with everyone that I'm really VERY VERY PLEASED with the final result. It's even better than what I expected!

Although my bridge is not that low to start with, I had a rather bulbous and round tip, plus broad nose at the sides.

I had a very detailed consultation with Prof Kunachak (about 45 mins) in which he examined my nose very carefully, and told me what would be the outcome that would suit my face shape, what would be natural, and what not. He also recommended a chin implant so as to balance out he whole face. I hadn't gone prepared to do chin implant but took his suggestion anyway. And I'm very glad I did!

All in, I had an L-shape implant to raise my original bridge just a bit higher, tiplasty as well as alarplasty. Plus the chin implant. I did everything under G.A, and heard from nurses later that dorctor took close to 5 hours to do the job!

There was some swelling at the beginning but now at almost 2 weeks post-op, I'm really really loving my NEW NOSE. It is smaller, more defined and "sharper"; and all these without compromising the overall very "natural" look. I'm just so pleased I decided to go ahead with Prof Kunanchak despite the hefty price tag (it was about US$3500 for the nose jo alone, and US$1000 for the chin).

It is a huge amount of money, but I feel it's well-spent cos the final result is even better than I can ever imagine! Prof Kunachak, besides being a surgeon, is also very much the aesthetic artist -- which is why he took so long to just study my nose in relation to my whole face, at the beginning.

I stayed at Aphrodite Inn (which is also linked to Yoskarn Clinic) for about 6 days after the surgery, and I enjoyed very good post-op care with Prof Kunachak and the nurses who came by once and twice daily to check on my progress. I find their service very personable, warm and professional.
Thought I'd just share this with everybody who's considering doing a nose job in Thailand.

Cheers!
Hi Vern,

glad u r so happy with ur new nose! :D
how much did it cost? can share some b4 after pix? :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 5:54 am

summer77 wrote:I went to Hatyai on 4 Dec together with one of my GF... to see Dr Nara and Dr Puttisak, I agree with daybreakk to consulate both DR first before you decide on the surgery. My personal experience with the two DR, as follow:

Went to see Dr Puttisak first, was a last minute appointment... the doctor was very nice, he came over to his clinic during lunchtime. He was actually working at one of the hospital during the day and night at his own clinic. So he make all the way down to his clinic to see me and my friend, explain to us what he will do, what kind of implant will be placed in and etc... Very Nice, Careful & detail person I should said...

After that we went over to Dr Nara, got to see him... personal view, he very YAYA and HOW LIAN. He said his implant is one of the kind, only he have it in the whole world... but actually DR Puttisak also use the same brand of implant! As we would like to further understand more about Rhino job... we ask if he has photo to show us, then he said... everyone have a different nose so no point to show us photo... he can't explain to us, how and what he will do... Just said, he will do something natural then continue with I am a very BUSY person... I only do consulation, check appointment with my nurse to see when I can do the operation?

So in the end we decide to go with DR Puttisak, because we felt more confidant with him.

After surgery result, I love my new nose!!! Although it's still a little swelling...

BTW, Hatyai doctor do not charge for consultation... so do, consulted around first before you decide who you want your face to be done... I think it is very important also to have confidant with who is performing the surgery.
eh, i agree with dr nara can seem a little stern, but i really doubt he will say something like his implant is the only type in the whole world... he did explain to me and my frens got 2 brands of implants, US and Japan, and that he wld recommend using the US one... but dr puttisak does sound kind of nice, care to show us some b4 after pix? :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

chrystan

Post by chrystan » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:16 pm

doodoo wrote:oh cool, were u alone the whole time? since its only the 3rd day, are u going to remove the stitches in singapore or? can request for stronger pain killer?
I am actually staying in Hatyai till Jan. I am with a friend and she did lipo. Sitches for eyes were removed on day 5. Actually I only took painkiller for the first day. The pain is not really that bad, and I did lipo, nose and eyes! So don't worry.

As for Dr Puttisak vs Dr Nara, I did try to book an appointment with Dr Puttisak bt he was away in the US and would only be back on the 18th Dec, which meant a week in Hatyai doing nothing. And since Dr Nara's appointments were all booked up till God knows when, I decided just to do it with Dr Nara.

Yes, Dr Nara does appear quite hao lian. I tried to explain to him I want a sharper and higher nose and he just kept saying everyone's nose is different and too much is not good, too little is not good. And that he has been doing this for many years so must trust him. After my op, as I was the last patient, the Doc drove me and my friend back to our apartment, which was nice of him to do so.

During operation it was very amusing to hear their conversations. As I could understand some thai, I had to stop myself from laughing.

Nurses at Dr Nara were really nice, and Dr Nara's wife is very comical. She refused to believe that I was 21 and had me take out my IC. Apparently they have this 'rule' that only 20 and above. But apparently it is not enforced as my friend is 18 and we just had to playfully beg her. Haha.

mbk
Regular
Regular

Re: Nose Job with Prof Somyos Kunanchak at Yoskarn Clinic

Post by mbk » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 9:19 pm

Vern wrote:Dear forumners,

I just had a nose job done with Prof Somyos Kunachak from Yoskarn Clinic in Bangkok. I'd like to share with everyone that I'm really VERY VERY PLEASED with the final result. It's even better than what I expected!

Although my bridge is not that low to start with, I had a rather bulbous and round tip, plus broad nose at the sides.

I had a very detailed consultation with Prof Kunachak (about 45 mins) in which he examined my nose very carefully, and told me what would be the outcome that would suit my face shape, what would be natural, and what not. He also recommended a chin implant so as to balance out he whole face. I hadn't gone prepared to do chin implant but took his suggestion anyway. And I'm very glad I did!

All in, I had an L-shape implant to raise my original bridge just a bit higher, tiplasty as well as alarplasty. Plus the chin implant. I did everything under G.A, and heard from nurses later that dorctor took close to 5 hours to do the job!

There was some swelling at the beginning but now at almost 2 weeks post-op, I'm really really loving my NEW NOSE. It is smaller, more defined and "sharper"; and all these without compromising the overall very "natural" look. I'm just so pleased I decided to go ahead with Prof Kunanchak despite the hefty price tag (it was about US$3500 for the nose jo alone, and US$1000 for the chin).

It is a huge amount of money, but I feel it's well-spent cos the final result is even better than I can ever imagine! Prof Kunachak, besides being a surgeon, is also very much the aesthetic artist -- which is why he took so long to just study my nose in relation to my whole face, at the beginning.

I stayed at Aphrodite Inn (which is also linked to Yoskarn Clinic) for about 6 days after the surgery, and I enjoyed very good post-op care with Prof Kunachak and the nurses who came by once and twice daily to check on my progress. I find their service very personable, warm and professional.
Thought I'd just share this with everybody who's considering doing a nose job in Thailand.

Cheers!
Wow! So glad you had a good review! It is expensive but he if he is good then it is worth the money! I want to have surgery with him too. I have a few questions:

1) What size/shape of chin implant did you have? Did you get to choose implant or did he choose for you?

2) Was it through the mouth? And for the rhino was it an open surgery?

3) you said you went under GA. Was there an anesthesiologist there BESIDES that other doctor and dr. K?

4)How are the alarplasty scars? I wanted alar but Dr. K said i did not need it.

5) Was it painful (chin + nose)? How was the aftercare by the nurses?

This is really great news! I only read one negative review of him and the rest so far all positive so this looks good.

At 2 weeks, can you go out in public without people noticing you had surgery? Any of your friends notice? Can't wait for your update! :D :)
5)

Vern

Prof Somyos Kunachak

Post by Vern » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:48 pm

Hi MBK, to answer your qns:

Wow! So glad you had a good review! It is expensive but he if he is good then it is worth the money! I want to have surgery with him too. I have a few questions:

1) What size/shape of chin implant did you have? Did you get to choose implant or did he choose for you?

=> Frankly, the chin implant was really quite unexpected. I never thought to do nose, one may have to consider chin as well. I didn't ask what size/shape of chin implant but trusted doc to choose for me. Prof Kunachak said depending on your personal profile, you may require a "stronger" chin to balance out the new nose. Will make for a more beautilful profile. Yes, my chin does look better now -- also makes my whole face looks oval instead of roundish (old shape) and matches well with new nose.

2) Was it through the mouth? And for the rhino was it an open surgery?

==> Yes, thru mouth and dissolvable sutures. For rhino was closed surgery.

3) you said you went under GA. Was there an anesthesiologist there BESIDES that other doctor and dr. K?

==>Yes there was the anesthestist who is a lady doctor, besides the Prof. So there will be 2 teams working on you. My surgery took a good 5 hrs plus, I heard.

4)How are the alarplasty scars? I wanted alar but Dr. K said i did not need it.

==> Alarplasty scars quite minimal, Prof K's stitching is v fine. I suppose Prof will recommend what you need based on your nose and profile and face shape.

5) Was it painful (chin + nose)? How was the aftercare by the nurses?

==> In fact, I didn't feel any pain, just a lot of "tightness" coz of swelling. Swelling went down in about a week. More discomfort than pain, I would say. Aftercare was v good. Prof K came by daily to check on my nose and chin, and nurses came by about two times daily. Nurses were warm and friendly. I was really very comfortable and well-taken care of at Aphrodite Inn.

This is really great news! I only read one negative review of him and the rest so far all positive so this looks good.

==> Yes, I'm not sure about negative review cos haven't read it. But from my personal experience, I definitely rate Prof K very highly. I feel he has a very keen sense of beauty, and so the outcome is something that is personalised to your face and not just like a cookie cutter effect. Even though his fees don't come cheap, I feel finally it's all worth it, especially when the results are far, far better than what I initially imagined.

5) At 2 weeks, can you go out in public without people noticing you had surgery? Any of your friends notice? Can't wait for your update!

==> In fact at Bangkok, I went out shopping whole day from day 4 onwards. Had plaster on my still-swelling nose but didn't care! Now back in Spore, I just got back from family gathering..... my cousins and aunts said there was something "different" about me but couldn't pinpoint what.... except for one who said I definitely had my nose done coz sharper and bridge higher. But they all agreed I look very good, the whole face looks "brighter" and "younger" (whatever they mean, haha!) One aunt said my eyes now look so much brighter and more alert... strange coz I definitely didn't do anything to my eyes! I guess coz now with a more defined nose, it brings out the rest of my features too?

In any case, I'm really very happy everytime I look in the mirror and esp with my nose! So if you're considering Prof K, I'd say without hesitation, yes go ahead! :)

hownowhownow

Post by hownowhownow » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 2:16 am

chrystan wrote:
doodoo wrote:oh cool, were u alone the whole time? since its only the 3rd day, are u going to remove the stitches in singapore or? can request for stronger pain killer?
I am actually staying in Hatyai till Jan. I am with a friend and she did lipo. Sitches for eyes were removed on day 5. Actually I only took painkiller for the first day. The pain is not really that bad, and I did lipo, nose and eyes! So don't worry.

As for Dr Puttisak vs Dr Nara, I did try to book an appointment with Dr Puttisak bt he was away in the US and would only be back on the 18th Dec, which meant a week in Hatyai doing nothing. And since Dr Nara's appointments were all booked up till God knows when, I decided just to do it with Dr Nara.

Yes, Dr Nara does appear quite hao lian. I tried to explain to him I want a sharper and higher nose and he just kept saying everyone's nose is different and too much is not good, too little is not good. And that he has been doing this for many years so must trust him. After my op, as I was the last patient, the Doc drove me and my friend back to our apartment, which was nice of him to do so.

During operation it was very amusing to hear their conversations. As I could understand some thai, I had to stop myself from laughing.

Nurses at Dr Nara were really nice, and Dr Nara's wife is very comical. She refused to believe that I was 21 and had me take out my IC. Apparently they have this 'rule' that only 20 and above. But apparently it is not enforced as my friend is 18 and we just had to playfully beg her. Haha.
hey chrystan, may i ask how did the lipo go? was it very painful and also, how many incisions were made?

i've planned my lipo on aug 09 so would love to know more from ya..i'm gonna do tummy and udnerchin lipo.. :)

chrystan

Post by chrystan » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 9:56 am

I did tummy lipo on the first day, and thigh lipo on the next day. I only woke up during the ending part of lipo, whereas my friend said she was up all the time. She experienced slight pain whereas I did not. There is no major pain after lipo, only discomfort. For example, when I have to get out of bed, the first few seconds of standing up is painful for the thighs. But once I am up, I can walk about and even go out. For me there were 1 incision on one side, thus total of 4. My friend, as she is fatter, had her tummy divided into upper and lower tummy. Thus her tummy area had 4 incisions.

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:33 am

Vern,

1) Were you there alone? I am planning to go there by myself. Did you need assistant at all?

2) Did you bring pictures of your aesthetic ideal to Prof K? Is it close to that?

3) How many days were you there for? When do you have to go back for followup?

4) Were you given sinecch?

5) Did your throat hurt from the GA?

Thanks!!!

dooerskip

Post by dooerskip » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 1:59 pm

i am going on the 20th next month, u wanna go at that time as well?
doodoo wrote:hi all. new member and newbie here. been thinking to do an eye and nose job very long ago. kinda excited to be provided with so much information and help. decided to go to doc nara next month during 15 and 16 when he's ava. i intend to do a double eye lid and higher my nose's bridge. got a few questions to ask actually

1) is any stitches? if yes, can i remove it back in singapore? or must i wait for you to do it for me?

2) will i be able to see after the op?

3) will there be medicine provided?

4) is it like freaking pain? can i request for strong pain killers?

5) will i be able to survive alone provided i can see after the eye job?

6) can both parts be completed within a day or i have to do like er, nose job a day and eye job a day?

7) how much is the total cost?

8) anyone wanna join me? ^-^

thanks a million all

dooerskip

Post by dooerskip » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 2:18 pm

gordiansknot wrote:hi all,
i just went for BA with dr nara, i must say he is a very nice and friendly doctor. and he has got a group of friendsly staff, esp there's a nurse who volunteered to send me to the clinic for a blood test in her motobike.

overall was okay, but i guess the pain is too much for me,i opted for the incision under the breast. i went back on a 15 hours coach ride straight after the op.

and nara skills, i must say its quite good(=
thumb's up
Hi i am keen on doing BA too, and i am amazed that u can take a coach back right after the procedure, didn't u feel groggy or nauseous? I thought there is a one night stay at the hospital outside of his clinic after the procedure is done... U opted not to stay over?

Are there bandages that can be concealed by clothing? Hope u are feeling better with regards to the pain and healing. Do share with me more about ur BA experience with Dr Nara. Thanks... :)

Vern

Post by Vern » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 2:31 pm

Hi MBK,

1) Were you there alone? I am planning to go there by myself. Did you need assistant at all?

==> Yes was there alone. First few days after op I was cooped up in my room at Aphrodite Inn watching TV or sleeping. Called in room service for lunch and dinner. Breakfast inclusive in the room rates. Nurses popped by regularly and they're just next door, so pretty convenient, in case there's any emergency. Didn't need assistance. Was very comfortable. It's a bit like staying in Class A ward in Singapore.

2) Did you bring pictures of your aesthetic ideal to Prof K? Is it close to that?

==> I brought some pictures, not so much as a "model" to emulate, but rather to pinpoint specific features that I like about this or that person's nose. For eg, oh I'd like my bridge to be higher like this eg here, or the tip to be more pointed like this person's etc. But Prof K made final call, coz he'd say this person has a longer face, so her nose may not look nice on yours etc.

3) How many days were you there for? When do you have to go back for followup?

==> Was there for 6 days. Ideally should be 7-8 days post-op so that sutures for alarplasty can be removed on day 7. I had to remove mine on day 5; wound was already closed but Prof said not so strong, so put surgical tape on it. Not necessary to go back for review, only if you want. But Prof K said if I were to go back in Bangkok say in 3-6 months, can come by to see him coz he'll definitely see improvement on the nose. Probably moe for his own records to to take some pictures. Apparently for nose job, it may take a good 6 months before you see the final result.
In any case, Prof K will be taking some before/after pictures of you.

4) Were you given sinecch?

==> was given painkillers; not sure if it's sineech. Was also given antibiotics.

5) Did your throat hurt from the GA?

==> not at all. I got up from GA feeling groggy and heavy-headed but that's about it.

By the way, be prepared that for one week or so post-op, your nose will be swollen, and you'll probably think you have a pig's nose! Within this time, you may even regret doing a nose job...haha! I remember even asking Prof K before I left for the airport, "gosh I won't be looking like that forever right?!" coz I thought my nose still looked "big". Prof K jokingly laughed and said "your nose was big before, so why worry about it looking "big" now? Anyway it's only 6 days after surgery!" He promised when swelling subsided, nose will definitely become smaller and more defined. And it's true, now at almost 2 weeks post-op, nose is really looking better daily. There's still some swelling on the tip, but everyday I see my nose improving.

Thanks!!!

Ian20

Post by Ian20 » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 6:38 pm

Hi all, first timer.. I've been researching/contacting surgeons/planning for a nose job & chest lipo, and want to get surgery done in Thailand for the cost benefits (I don't want to spend more than 120 000 BHT).

Yanhee hospital compared to the other major hospitals looks like the cheapest and I've herd some good reviews about Yanhee's PS procedures but I've also herd some bad reviews. :roll:

I was really excited to go with Yanhee because the cost was so good, but then i became hesitant because of the bad reviews but then a customer service representative from the 'Destination Beauty Thailand' website told me that with Yanhee Hospital if a complication does occur with the surgery that there will be a free correcting surgery.

So what have i got to loose even if something bad does occur (Heaven forbid) because it can just get fixed?

Has anyone ever had a complication with PS at Yanhee and been offered a FREE correction surgery? Or is this something they just say? :?

Or does anyone know a surgeon/Hospital in Thailand that they know does guaranteed free correction surgery?

Thanks

baybiblu

Post by baybiblu » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:26 am

My friend had her jaw reduced at Yanhee last year and it was not done evenly (1 side slimmer than the other). The surgeon at yanhee did a followup surgery for her and managed to fix the problem without extra charge. However, she had to pay for the general anaesthesia and other expenses like antibiotics, etc...

I've been enquiring around for some cosmetic procedures for myself and all the doctors that I consulted in thailand offered free revisions but you'll still need to pay the addtional fees like those for anaesthesia.

Yanhee's staff told me that all surgeries done at Yanhee carry a 6 month guarantee and during this period, they will do the revisions for you for free should you need one.