Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 4:32 pm

deja wrote:Wow!!! :o thx u! :D
I learnt lot here and I shall bare these points in mind in the future. \:D/

and oh, I passed my medical check. thx M for the right contact no. O:)
I am not immediately available for the job so I am wondering if SIA could/would issue any official letter for the job offer or one to indicate its acceptance of my long notice period required. can anyone with similar experience or at similar situation or know about it share with me? [-o< [-o<
Welcome to hell! :twisted: I think they can or would be offering you the contract soon while you are serving your notice.

See ya onboard! :cool: By the way, please keep the contact confidential unless on a need to know basis. :devil:

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 4:42 pm

M wrote:Welcome to hell! :twisted: I think they can or would be offering you the contract soon while you are serving your notice.
HAHAHAHAHA!! that's reali a nice way to welcome newbies :P

iyoh, dont make it sound so scary, even it is :lol: let nature takes its course lor :cool:
-shenoes-

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 4:43 pm

shenoes wrote:HAHAHAHAHA!! that's reali a nice way to welcome newbies :P

iyoh, dont make it sound so scary, even it is :lol: let nature takes its course lor :cool:
Hah, everyone should know I'm kidding my dear! One will grow fast in our environment. :P

shiniestar

Post by shiniestar » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 4:55 pm

chocopie, my doc say there is no need for me to take oral med but now i doubt so.
i heard about the washing part too, hence i only wash my face max 2 times a day.
i've the same build as you and my skin is an additional problem. haiz.

kimilogy, i don't think it's my skincare or diet or lifestyle or environment. i guess it's just me and my genes, thats why i'm so disappointed. haiz.

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 8:22 pm

my skin is very prone to blackheads and whiteheads and after using the CF solution, i have been getting less pimples.

The CF solution comes in a small bottle, from DRX medispa, you can find it from their website.
一緒に青い空へ~

deja

Post by deja » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:19 pm

pork12 wrote: CONGRATULATIONS!!
Thank you!!!! :love:
chocopie wrote: Anw, im petite standin only at 1.58m. kinda worried my chance in bein a FA ll be slim cos SIA seems to take in few of gals my build. Hmm..
don't discourage yourself [-X 1.58cm is within the specified height requirement, so you are fine! :console: I'm merely 1-2 cm taller than you.

deja

Post by deja » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 1:25 am

shiniestar wrote:i always moisturize, sun screen, remove my make up even if i'm dead tired, scrub mask every week and also apply cream from the doctor without fail. but it's really disappointing because there is no improvement and i'm still having outbreaks occasionally :(
asking out of curiosity, are you on steroid medication?
i've very problematic and sensitive skin too; i can feel your frustration.

although skin care products are supposed to do good to our skin, excessive use or inappropriate choice of products can have opposite effect and do harm to it. Would any of the products in your daily regime be a possible suspect of your outbreak? type of makeup removal, nature of the scrub mask, content of your foundation... screen and pick it out to sentence it to termination. :cool:

deja

Post by deja » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 1:36 am

M wrote:Welcome to hell! :twisted: I think they can or would be offering you the contract soon while you are serving your notice.

See ya onboard! :cool: By the way, please keep the contact confidential unless on a need to know basis. :devil:
haha... working in the sky is believed to be 'heavenly' \:D/
when i get onboard, i want EUs/4! *hint hint* :devil: lol~

definitely. noted. my appreciation!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 3:39 am

shiniestar wrote:i've been using the creams from the doc for almost a year now. it did help when i was started but now i don't see the improvement anymore :(
3ds and pork12, where is your dermo?
christineyuki, may i know what is CF solution?
I'm seeing Dr Tan from DRx. PM me if you need more info lor.
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:21 am

deja wrote:haha... working in the sky is believed to be 'heavenly' \:D/
when i get onboard, i want EUs/4! *hint hint* :devil: lol~

definitely. noted. my appreciation!
Planning department is in charge of your rostering so it really depends on them. On an average, you will get at least 1 long flight per published roster. :D

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 1:16 pm

I still think getting doctor's advise is the best idea to improve your skin if its really bad..

There was once I change my skin care to one my friend recommended. Its supposed to be anti aging, skin whitening and oil control, and she swears by it.

Unfortunately, it didnt suit me and I ended up with lotsa acne and stuff, and one of my friend said I looked like I have been "disfigured", especially so since my skin was OK to start with.

So try not to try what other people think its good, because different people got different skin. One that works excellent for A may not work for B.

I went to the National Skin Centre later(brought my cleanser and moisturizer along ahhaha). The doctor did a t examination of my skin and told me to throw whatever I am using away. Prescribed the clinic's cleanser and some oral tablets.

My skin looks like it had reborn after a month.All the deep red marks disappear. Luckily I didnt have serious scaring and even if I have, doctor's laser is the most efficient.

So my advice is, see a doctor. Let him/her examine your skin and give you professional advice. Instead of trying this and that from people's testimonials, why not save that money let a professional examine you. Somemore not expensive. 100+++ per visit only.
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 1:19 pm

Anyway I now follow up with monthly facials. :D

The doctor's visit is to determine your skin type and find solution to existing problems.

If situation improve, then must know how to maintain la....
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

shiniestar

Post by shiniestar » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:58 am

oh ya.. i forget to mention my pimples are just around the cheeks area..

deja, i'm so glad you understand. steriods medication is oral medication that controls your hormones right? if yes, i don't take them or antiboitics. i'm only prescribed creams like glycolic acid and stieva-a.
i doubt it's my daily regime but now you mention about cosmetic. i think that might be e source. hmm.

pork12, do you mind sharing the info here so everyone, including the silent readers can know about it?

kayleeee, only oral tablets were prescribed? no cream?

stages

Post by stages » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:22 pm

icic.. actually she did apply.. Ya btw i'm going for the walk in next month.. But i'll not put too much hope , as it's not easy.. So prepare myself for another job :).. CHill...

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 9:58 pm

Roughly how long will the HR person contact u after the medical check-up. I have waited for a week!!