Singapore Expats

got HIV+ from my EP medical test. now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pinball

got HIV+ from my EP medical test. now what?

Post by pinball » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 4:16 pm

Hi guys i just got a bad news from the hospital that i am HIV+. The Doctor advise me that i need to return home since i got HIV+ in my medical. I'm just wondering if this clinics report cases to MOM. i really wish to work in Singapore. maybe i could get another medical where my friend is the one who will have the test. i just don't wanna waste the opportunity. im already in our country I'm planning to get back since my boyfriend works in Singapore. is this possible? thank you.

those who are POZ also please email at [email protected]

im very depressed now...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 5:52 pm

Have you told your boyfriend yet? Boy is he gonna be depressed as well. :(

Unless you went to the free clinic, yes it will probably be reported. Singapore is still rather repressed when it comes to things like Aids/HIV so you can bet if there is a way to prevent your bringing it to Singapore they will try to stop you or eject you from the country. If you are currently out of the country hopefully you won't be allowed to return. Sorry if I sound hard, but I lost a Sister-in-Law 3 years ago to AIDS after a 5 year fight against it thanks to a "Boyfriend".

You are planning to tell your boyfriend aren't you? :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pinball

Post by pinball » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 6:45 pm

yes, I'm already out of the country I'm planning to get back. can i still return? will the hospital report me? i had my medical with raffles medical.. i wish to return and work to singapore.. my friend told me she will help me with the medical.. Please help..

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 9:59 am

All clinics except the std clinic have to report HIV results to the government. Unless you generate a new passport/identity am afraid you haven't much chance.
Be Like Water

pinball

Post by pinball » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 3:48 pm

thanks bafana i hope i get more feedback so i can decide right away.. thank you..

pinball

Post by pinball » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 2:26 pm

any tips?

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 9:34 pm

what tips you after?

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:30 pm

durain wrote:what tips you after?
Durain, its temping is it not.........to give tips. :)
Zeenit

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:39 am

:o

I'm still wondering if she has told her boyfriend!

She never answered that question as to whether she's told him or not. Best tip I can give here is call him and tell him. If he didn't give it to her, then she may have given it to him. Might be safer not being here when he told.......

Or she's trying to find a way to get back into Singapore so she can off him if he gave it to her.......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 1:50 pm

Zeenit wrote:
durain wrote:what tips you after?
Durain, its temping is it not.........to give tips. :)
Not in this case :roll:
Be Like Water

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 1:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote::o

I'm still wondering if she has told her boyfriend!

She never answered that question as to whether she's told him or not. Best tip I can give here is call him and tell him. If he didn't give it to her, then she may have given it to him. Might be safer not being here when he told.......

Or she's trying to find a way to get back into Singapore so she can off him if he gave it to her.......
Sometimes you need to sit back and let things happen.

Singapore has laws regarding HIV and they feel they can protect their population through these laws. It's their country and we should respect that.

It is sad the OP has HIV but it is not a death sentence and the more pressing issue is whether they have sought medical/emotional support and whether they have told their partner. If the partner also has HIV than he too will not be able to stay here.

I feel for the OP but you need to respect the law of the land.
Be Like Water

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 4:24 pm

Like I said in an earlier post, I've been through this with my sister in law who died of AIDS 3 years ago. I've been taking care of her daughter for the past 7 years while this was going on. We were all there when she died at the CDC weighing all of 25kg and completely covered with lesions. Not a pretty sight. The daughter still really hasn't come completely to terms with it (she was almost 14 when her mother died). The husband has to get checked yearly to determine if he's going to develop into a full blown case or just a carrier. This is another problem. The girl should notify the authorities as well in order for them to make sure he is checked before he passes it on again if he's been infected by the girl or vice versa.

pinball

Post by pinball » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:18 am

i already told him... he is actually a PR in singapore.. he is also positive i got it from him.. im just sad...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 7:07 am

pinball,

You have a rough road ahead of you. I feel totally helpless and feel for you as I know what is coming as I watched the whole thing at hand once already very close to home (my neice and her brother are living with me still). Your partner will most probably lose his PR eventually and is something he should plan for now as it will happen eventually when the government finds out. Probably the worst thing will be the being shunned by most people as they don't have a clue really as the the nature of the beast.

sms

smayrhofer
Regular
Regular

Post by smayrhofer » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:31 am

Must be hard to go for a simple checkup expecting nothing out of the ordinary, and be told that you are HIV+. I always get a little nervous when I go for blood tests. Not that I live a promiscuous lifestyle (I'm married), but you just never know.

Best of luck, pinball.