Singapore Expats

Entrepass Renewal

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Entrepass Renewal

Post by ukdesigner » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:45 am

This probably aimed more for Strong Eagle or SMS really so help appreciated guys.

Do MOM email you or send a letter with regards to renewing your entrepass?
Mine isn't due for quite a while and naturally I'll have to pay to re-register the business before I get a response on a renewal but I'm trying to plan out my 2009 and naturally it's a concern of mine about the renewal. Things haven't panned out quite as well as I had put in my business plan (although to be fair it was a little bit over the top), but I didn't predict the so called global recession either. I'm aiming to seriously go after new business next year as I've been a bit lazy in that department and want to grow my base of clientele which has gone from 100% UK to 30% UK and 70% SG.

I have made money, paid the taxes on time etc etc so the likelihood of renewal is what? Any experience on if they look at the original proposal or is it the usual pray and wait and only MOM knows?

Any thoughts/advice guys would be appreciated.
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:58 pm

I'll have to leave this for SE as I really don't have a clue. But normally they always send out notices for everything thereby leaving you no chance to say I forgot. My personal feelings are that the fact that you've had an upset won't upset the applecart too much provided that you can turn it around. I'm sure they realize most business' don't always take off the way it was planned and like you mentioned, everybody is being impacted by the economy at the moment. Maybe SE can add to this with some facts seeing he's gone that route for several years.....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:48 pm

You will receive renewal papers... to fill out actuals for the time preceding... pretty much like the original Entrepass application.

I would not worry too much about making your projections... I did not make mine either and was renewed for the full 3... then got a PR. Being self sustaining and paying taxes is the key to renewal (although I know absolutely nothing about actual evaluation criteria)... but I think you will be fine.

ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ukdesigner » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:12 am

thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.