Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 6:26 pm

i would say it really really is quite discouraging to be killed during the first round. especially so when a difficult question, which i'd say is better suited for the management round, is thrown to us interviewees. we weren't even given a chance to do a proper introduction and show our strengths. how then they judge i don't know. and i never will. luck accounts for a major major part evidently. sigh.

viper
Regular
Regular

Post by viper » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 7:26 pm

Guess today SIA recruitment was very lean for guys and girls, there were many girls which got the SQ looks, dont know what the SIA HR is looking for.
I am going for the Walk-In next month.

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 7:33 pm

haha sure sure pork12! :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 8:13 pm

hafiz_ wrote:i would say it really really is quite discouraging to be killed during the first round. especially so when a difficult question, which i'd say is better suited for the management round, is thrown to us interviewees. we weren't even given a chance to do a proper introduction and show our strengths. how then they judge i don't know. and i never will. luck accounts for a major major part evidently. sigh.
What did they ask??
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

az

Post by az » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 8:40 pm

3ds wrote:
az wrote:hmmm.. i did not make it as well. 2 girls frm my grp got in the 2nd round. and it was a surprise to the rest cos both of them were REALLY SOFT SPOKEN!! I had a hard time trying to catch what they said. There were some pretty good confident girls in my grp but none made it. So sad!!!

this could be my last attempt for SIA. Cant keep trying la when I need a permanent job ASAP!! Sigh...
which grp were u on? will u try again? i mean.....u gonna give up like taT???
i was in one of the earlier groups. i went in pretty quickly. im not saying i will just give up. honestly, i also have to be realistic. economy is not so good, and SIA is not hiring as much. So i cant keep hoping and trying until i get in. I dont have that much time to keep trying..

I still have to earn some money you know cos i have been unemployed for awhile.

And lets face it, some of us may never get what we want. Call it being pessimistic. But to me, I guess I am just being realistic..

3ds

Post by 3ds » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 9:13 pm

az wrote:
3ds wrote:
az wrote:hmmm.. i did not make it as well. 2 girls frm my grp got in the 2nd round. and it was a surprise to the rest cos both of them were REALLY SOFT SPOKEN!! I had a hard time trying to catch what they said. There were some pretty good confident girls in my grp but none made it. So sad!!!

this could be my last attempt for SIA. Cant keep trying la when I need a permanent job ASAP!! Sigh...
i was in one of the earlier groups. i went in pretty quickly. im not saying i will just give up. honestly, i also have to be realistic. economy is not so good, and SIA is not hiring as much. So i cant keep hoping and trying until i get in. I dont have that much time to keep trying..

And lets face it, some of us may never get what we want. Call it being pessimistic. But to me, I guess I am just being realistic..
ooooooo...
oki...got it...
gd luck to u if u gonna try again k...^_^

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 9:15 pm

az wrote:
3ds wrote:

az, im in the same situation as u, unemployed and have to be realistic tt we juz cant wait for SIA to take us in. Damm saddening. :cry:
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 9:32 pm

Seems like alot cant make it thru... This is my 12th attemp... I make my decision to become cabin crew since Jan this year... I don't know i still need to try how many times only can got in. :cry:
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 9:45 pm

cythx wrote:Seems like alot cant make it thru... This is my 12th attemp... I make my decision to become cabin crew since Jan this year... I don't know i still need to try how many times only can got in. :cry:
12!! You're determined..! Have you got any idea where did you go wrong?

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 9:59 pm

cythx wrote:Seems like alot cant make it thru... This is my 12th attemp... I make my decision to become cabin crew since Jan this year... I don't know i still need to try how many times only can got in. :cry:
wow!! amazing! cythx dont give up, i heard of pple getting in during their 18th or 19th attemp so pls dont dont give up k, lets us all work hard and i believe god will have all planned for us so all we have to do is to keep trying. :)
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:06 pm

hello cythx!!
You were in grp 3 issit? Which one is you? I am in group 2. When the lady announced that none of you got in. I was like "oh my goodness".

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:13 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:hello cythx!!
You were in grp 3 issit? Which one is you? I am in group 2. When the lady announced that none of you got in. I was like "oh my goodness".
Heys! How's your go? =)

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:14 pm

pork12 wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:hello cythx!!
Heys! How's your go? =)
Nah, not a good one. Got booted out at round 1. Oh well, gotta try again. They are extremely strict now.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:26 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:Nah, not a good one. Got booted out at round 1. Oh well, gotta try again. They are extremely strict now.
=( Not a good news to me either.. Try again next month!

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:50 pm

oh you went for it today?