Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:27 am

Thanks ! :D

I shall hold on to my hopes then :D
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:50 am

By the way to the 2 kind souls who had pm me encouragement,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

I didn't try for a 2nd attempt after the first failed one, and 4 years of my life passed just like that !

I hope I wont have to face disappointment in the next round. (although I'm quite prepared. The competition is crazy!)

I'm not sure if this is how this forum works I can't seem to reply to pm...but thank you both for those words !!
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 1:24 am

Kayleeee wrote:
I'm not sure if this is how this forum works I can't seem to reply to pm...but thank you both for those words !!

You need to make five posts before you PM function will work correctly. This is to prevent spam.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 2:21 am

Care_Bear wrote: Guess the reason why you were booted out in previous interview was that maybe you make assumptions too.

To be a CC, assumption is a BIG no-no =)

(for your info, I have already flown with the airline for 2 years and i hope to bump onto you on flight soon)
Wow !!! 2 years flying only soooo Zappy already.... :boxing: Don't have to hope, just PM M your roster so he can fly with you :P [/i]

purplepig

Post by purplepig » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 8:57 am

Kayleeee wrote:
jlayl wrote:i personally don't think they shortlist by reading through every single application. i think its more like a computer generated kinda thing, whereby as long as you meet the required standard and qualify, they will slot you in for an interview. of course it will then be a first come first serve basis. therefore, maybe after the quota is met, those who applied later will be notified to go for the next interview, which this time, the walk in, ins)
Maybe you are right... By the time I submit the application they might have already rec'd thousands of them...

I'm just curious though, is there anyone else who has extensive experience in customer service, spoke a 3rd language and did not get any reply ??

I wonder if it could be due to my age (i'm 25) which in my opinion, maybe a little too old to be a cabin crew ??

For SIA at least...
hello. well i have extensive experience in customer service and hospitality, speak a third language (studied it even, with exams and a certificate too), have a diploma from a local tertiary institution and am 22 years old but nope. no reply from STC either. guess i feel for you too (=

my cousin who's a cabin crew in SQ for 8 years now says she honestly doesn't know how they choose their candidates during interviews. it's just queer. ah well. lets just keep our fingers crossed for the upcoming walk-in interview? =p

p/s mind if there's any typos at all. am typing on my pda and its a bit laggy, thus typos are inevitable (=

allthatjazz

Post by allthatjazz » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:22 am

i just got booted out after round 1 again.. It's my second time trying. I'm about the same as pork, standing at 1.62 n weighing 60 kg. Need to lose weight before e january interview!! Only one girl from my froup got in.. She's super tall, 1.78m and she's quite pretty. I think looks, poise and the way u speak n present urself is what they look out for in e first round. Oh i also saw a caucasian girl in another group, she must be the lady in this forum yeah? Hope some of us here will have good news!!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:33 am

allthatjazz wrote:i just got booted out after round 1 again.. It's my second time trying. I'm about the same as pork, standing at 1.62 n weighing 60 kg. Need to lose weight before e january interview!! Only one girl from my froup got in.. She's super tall, 1.78m and she's quite pretty. I think looks, poise and the way u speak n present urself is what they look out for in e first round. Oh i also saw a caucasian girl in another group, she must be the lady in this forum yeah? Hope some of us here will have good news!!
That must be Tink_Bell15. Haha.. Oh well.. Jiayou! Try losing weight and we'll try together in January =)
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

purplepig

Post by purplepig » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:50 am

pork12 wrote:
allthatjazz wrote:i just got booted out after round 1 again.. It's my second time trying. I'm about the same as pork, standing at 1.62 n weighing 60 kg. Need to lose weight before e january interview!! Only one girl from my froup got in.. She's super tall, 1.78m and she's quite pretty. I think looks, poise and the way u speak n present urself is what they look out for in e first round. Oh i also saw a caucasian girl in another group, she must be the lady in this forum yeah? Hope some of us here will have good news!!
That must be Tink_Bell15. Haha.. Oh well.. Jiayou! Try losing weight and we'll try together in January =)
You never know what they're looking for (= I'm joining you guys for the january interview too!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:55 am

Yea.. I'm going to leave my current job after I get my bonus. So I sure hope I'll be good enough for SQ by then!

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:32 pm

Porky jia you !!

I read somewhere in this forum that luck plays a very important role to get through round one... Consider every girl in the group of 10 only gets 3 minutes to impress the interviewers... if everyone spoke similarly then maybe have to depend if the interviewer like you anot....or like who most?

I don't know if looks play an important factor, because from what I heard, some of the really pretty ones get booted out in the first round too, yet some plain Janes(no offense!) got through

If you are not a Christian maybe can go Guan Yin Temple and pray to Guang Yin Niang Niang?? hehehe...

Anyway my friend told me his sister was successful only on the 5th attempt.

NEVER SAY DIE !!!

mintia

15th Dec @ STC

Post by mintia » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:52 pm

Hey Peeps,

Back from this morning's session... back early means bad new lah :lol:

Got there at 9.30 and didn't get called up till 10ish?

I was in group 5 - think Tink_15's in the same group as me.
4 out of 8 made it to kebaya but all 4 of us didn't pass that round.

Pork - see...everytime I go to STC I'll fail the Kebaya! I don't know why and trust me, it's really Luck. :? There was an ex-crew in my group and she didn't pass round 1...

Well - at least I got past round 1 (when I'm not suppose to try for 2 mths), so that's my only consolation.

I didn't manage to see how many got through to 1-1 interview, but have a feeling not many....

Well hope to hear some good news here later in the day & good luck to you all for Jan 17th walk-in.

Zandlelight - how did it go for you?

x mintia

drumx

Post by drumx » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 1:13 pm

Just kinda sad scenario over there.
Tink_15 was recognized by everyone immediately.
Quite tall and beautiful too. 8-)

group 1 guys - i had no idea how many got in.
group 2 guys - only 1 made it.
group 3 guys - none survived
(i am in here, last one and got interrogated by interviewer for my Q&A)
group 4 guys - only 1 made it as well...
Guys head count last known - 2 after 1st round.

Market bad now, cant expect too much from them.
Keep Moving Forward!!! People!!!

Ms Sheryn Loy keep mentioning about the walk ins next month during
the announcement of the results for 1st round.
Improve yourself and go in for the kill again if you have the time.
Good Luck!!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 15th Dec @ STC

Post by pork12 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 1:47 pm

kayleeee(i dunno how many Es are there sorry): thanks!! I'm a Catholic! I'm praying for luck to be on my side every Sunday in church... Haha! I'm also praying that all my efforts will yield some results.. I know luck's not EVERYTHING, but for me, everything seemed to be dependent on it :?

mintia: try again for the walk-in!

drumx: haha! It's no surprise that Tink_Bell15's recognised by everyone... How did she do, anybody knows? So nervous for all of you...!!

drumx

Post by drumx » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 1:57 pm

she din make round 1. very sad to hear that.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 2:00 pm

Tink_15 is really tall and beautiful. While waiting, I was sitting opposite her. She is really friendly.

Tink_15, I am the girl who carried the same bag as you but different colour :D