Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 8:06 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote: eh Abercrombie, in what way did she tarnish the image of the Singapore girl? By saying that she might get replaced? :?
He/She use to have his/her blog link as the signature but now its another one of his/her new site, maybe the company is hot in his/her heels because of the bad publicity that he/she promote about the SQ girl in the blog:P
Abercrombie dun you say such things about me. Why refer me as "he". wanna me to lift up my dress/sarong to see what's under? haha :shock:
What Ive blogged are my personal feelings and emotion. It is true I have changed the title and url of my blogs to avoid detection from my employer. I have even call the co. i am working as Namless Airlines.
Have a heart Aber and feel for this poor little lady. :(

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 8:20 pm

obviously you are not the blogger 'gloria' herself.
if not why does your link summarise her entries?
duh. if you are avoiding the company by changing url maybe you should not come here and publicise your blog in the signature, cos it totally defeats your original purpose.

and please,
this is a serious place for constructive discussion.
please excuse yourself if you are here just to have fun and make a fool, giving us unnecessary disturbance.
thanks.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 9:54 pm

jiayl =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:19 pm

hihi everyone, juz checking besides me, is there anyone out there got a 11am slot? Cos i dont see any 11am, wondering if am i the only one. :???:
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

GaganX

Post by GaganX » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:23 pm

I think there are many other people that is going for the interview but they are not in this forum.
I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, therefore my heart is pure.

xielynda

Post by xielynda » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 1:09 pm

hi.. im new here.

can anyone pls advise me if sia do take in braces girls? thanks.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 1:51 pm

xielynda wrote:hi.. im new here.

can anyone pls advise me if sia do take in braces girls? thanks.
No I don't think so... Think they'll ask you to go back after you have your braces removed.
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 2:15 pm

gd news all!!

guess what?

There will be a confirmed walk in interview on the 17 january 2009!!

just checked the website and it has been updated!!

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp

happy?????!!!! :D :D :D :D
-shenoes-

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 2:43 pm

haha well actually someone already posted it, it was an ad on jobstreet.. even before their website was updated. lol
but yah, a lot of girls will be happy to hear that but currently the on going 15th one is keeping all of them busy for the time being. hahaha

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 4:56 pm

hahaha :D :D

ya, i know gt post the dates earlier on oready.. nw tat the SIA website also updated oready, so can triple confirmed the dates liao :D :D :D

tat means from the next write in recruit, 15/12/08, to this jan 2009 recruit, is only like quite short gap in between.. i wonder hw many CCs in total they have nw..

guess the turn over rates must be super high. I tink SIA is the only airline which held so often interviews :cool: . which is also gd for many ppl :lol:
-shenoes-

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 5:16 pm

I guess that only shows how difficult it is working for SIA ??

I read of several crew who complained about working for the airline, guess their frustration might be true after all....

Anyway I submitted my app on line too, on the 8th, no reply, even though I thought I have an advantage being in customer service(both banking and F&B) for more than 4 years...

Do they really shortlist candidates? Or do they shortlist everyone who apply?

The last time I went for a write in application( 3-4years ago!) there were many many many applicants !!!

Most had taken the effort to make themselves look very very pretty, but I was shocked to see a couple of the girls in spectacles, Nike t shirt, jeans and sneakers, with eyebrow that appeared like they have never been groomed...

So I wonder if they do select the candidates at all... just a personal doubt :D
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 5:56 pm

It makes me wonder what is the difficult part of the job that makes the turnover rates so high... Or does the problem lies in the person itself? :???:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 6:06 pm

i personally don't think they shortlist by reading through every single application. i think its more like a computer generated kinda thing, whereby as long as you meet the required standard and qualify, they will slot you in for an interview. of course it will then be a first come first serve basis. therefore, maybe after the quota is met, those who applied later will be notified to go for the next interview, which this time, the walk in, instead.

of course this is just my own guess :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 6:58 pm

pork12 wrote:It makes me wonder what is the difficult part of the job that makes the turnover rates so high... Or does the problem lies in the person itself? :???:

Mostly shifts, cabin crew are hardly ever out of 'tired mode', being away from home frequently, different languages, cultures, the perpetual rigmarole for girls of having to get 'dolled-up'. Not to mention the lack of consideration of passengers who either regard you as their 'servant' or worse just some 'little girlie' who recently left school, worse still are business men who might make untoward advances. In addition you have the company culture whatever that may be.

Furthermore you don't really get to see the countries you visit and I suspect the novelty soon wears with many crew never leaving their hotel rooms on stopovers. Take a look at the winter temperatures and weather conditions in New York for example.
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 13 Dec 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 7:00 pm

jlayl wrote:i personally don't think they shortlist by reading through every single application.
Hard to say for sure but no doubt there will be key-words and elements they search for in order to 'wee out' who they do and don't want to interview.
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 13 Dec 2008 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.