Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:29 am

Thanks a lot, mintia.. You kinda lifted my morale a little... I'm actually more worried about skin check cos.... I'm still in the process of recovery.. Haha! I am so troublesome! :?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:32 am

HI

did anyone receive a timing ffor the afternoon slot?

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:05 pm

crystalheart wrote:Gosh SIA is hiring again,maybe to replace crew like myself. Can't see reason to hire especcially having surplus cabin crew now. But for wannabe it is good news right? Details are in this blog which I happened to come across http://airlineposition1.blogspot.com

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 1:13 pm

pork12 wrote:Time is running out...... It's already Friday and I have yet to get any invitation!!
mintia: What did you say when the panel mentioned that you're on the heavier side? And did you manage to pass thru any of the 1-1??
I know they closed a day early because of to many people applying.
BUt don't give up, still got the walk in :D

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 1:23 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
ready_2fly wrote:May I know those who get invitation, do u still need to get thru self-intro round ? or straight to the 1-1 interview.
Yup. Interviewees will have to start from the first round just like for a walk-in. :)
Scary scary hehe... Got a feeling i am goign to be kicked out whils waiting in the q. As not Singaporian and one of hte other girls told me last time she wen to the walk in, people were walking around kicking thegirls out the were indonisian and stuff :?
Scared now :cry:

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 1:27 pm

Tink_15 wrote:I know they closed a day early because of to many people applying.
BUt don't give up, still got the walk in :D
Yea... But I applied before they close... It's a sign.. I'm not ready yet. :?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 1:42 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
crystalheart wrote:Gosh SIA is hiring again,maybe to replace crew like myself. Can't see reason to hire especcially having surplus cabin crew now. But for wannabe it is good news right? Details are in this blog which I happened to come across http://airlineposition1.blogspot.com

jeezz

Post by jeezz » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 2:30 pm

anyone send application few days ago before the application closed? i sent in mine on the 9th and din get the invitation! wonder is it too late when i sent.. :/

charlene_yy

Post by charlene_yy » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 3:32 pm

Hi all :)
my slot is at 10am.. anyone wanna head STC together?

btw... i read in my email that "Please revert with your name and identity card no. for security clearance."... does it mean we are to reply the email with the details???

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 3:37 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 3:56 pm

charlene_yy wrote:Hi all :)
my slot is at 10am.. anyone wanna head STC together?

btw... i read in my email that "Please revert with your name and identity card no. for security clearance."... does it mean we are to reply the email with the details???
Hello charlene_yy!!

In my email, they did not state that, it says :

"As our office is within the security area, please exchange your Identity
Card for a visitor pass at the Police Checkpoint before you enter our
premises."

charlene_yy

Post by charlene_yy » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 4:01 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
Hello charlene_yy!!

In my email, they did not state that, it says :

"As our office is within the security area, please exchange your Identity
premises."
thanks for ur reply wisdom&courage

thats weird. anyway in my email, the part on reverting back is right after "As our office is within the security area, please exchange your Identity
premises."

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 4:10 pm

The company is over run by Graduate now, they are trying to show their power in the command of English.Guess they had tried to hard to impress their bosses until nobody understand what they are trying to say :???:

diversify

Post by diversify » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 4:10 pm

charlene_yy,

My email doesn't state anything about reverting back too. Are you a Singaporean?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 4:17 pm

wisdom&courage wrote: eh Abercrombie, in what way did she tarnish the image of the Singapore girl? By saying that she might get replaced? :?
He/She use to have his/her blog link as the signature but now its another one of his/her new site, maybe the company is hot in his/her heels because of the bad publicity that he/she promote about the SQ girl in the blog:P