Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 3:12 pm

Oh! I check on Emirates webside and their open day also on the 17th Jan.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

catherine89

Post by catherine89 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 3:13 pm

Oh dear. It seems like u can only make one choice now!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 3:13 pm

YAY!!! So hopeful... I'm really really glad they're continuing their recruitment! :)
Added: But it's not on their webbie yet...
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

catherine89

Post by catherine89 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 3:32 pm

I'll graduating on next aug. Any one have any idea when is the earliest i should go for the interview ? March?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 3:40 pm

catherine89 wrote:I'll graduating on next aug. Any one have any idea when is the earliest i should go for the interview ? March?
yup yup. feb/mar would be good! :)

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 5:55 pm

Has everyone received their interview time slots? I have a feeling that there were too many people applying for this walk-in interview and people who had applied late had been shifted to the 17th Jan interview......I have been checking my mail everyday and fulfilled all the requirements...kind of disappointing :(
一緒に青い空へ~

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 7:17 pm

hmm very possible I would say.
Cos the previous 23rd walk in a lot of ppl receive email to go for it too.
so they might only notify the rest for the 17th walk in..
seems like they closed the application early!

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 7:41 pm

i think it is so unfair.....so this is more of a first come first served basis...
一緒に青い空へ~

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 7:53 pm

christineyuki wrote:Has everyone received their interview time slots? I have a feeling that there were too many people applying for this walk-in interview and people who had applied late had been shifted to the 17th Jan interview......I have been checking my mail everyday and fulfilled all the requirements...kind of disappointing :(
Hi christineyuki. I got mine on this tuesday at 11.48 am. They ask me to go for the 9.30am slot... Don't worry i think that you will be called on 17 Jan. Btw when did you send your application... Cheers...

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 8:01 pm

mintia wrote:
pork12 wrote:I'm just wondering..... Anyone who's about 163cm/60kg has went for the interviews and managed to get to the 2nd round? Is there any kebaya that will fit that size? And erm... How about those with heavier chest? :oops:
Pork12,

When I went in June - I was 60kg (i'm 1.65m btw). Most of my weight's on my lower body - so I had to take a size L bottom.

As for the top - the last time I was there (in Nov), there was a 'XL' top which had quite a lot of space for the bust. So hope and pray it's there for you! :wink:

And I did pass the kebaya round - actually never failed it out of my so many attempts except for the 1 time that I managed to get to kebaya fitting @ STC...

Good luck to you Pork!

p.s. - I've got a 9.30am slot for Monday
Oh thank god! I was very worried about my size and waht would i do IF i got to Kebaya round. I'm tall for a girl at 173 and my weight is 58.9 Worred i was to big :oops: My weight is on my lower body though. I wore a normal Malay kebaya and i take size s on top but L on bottom. Is that ok :oops:

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 8:03 pm

zandlelightz: i sent mine on 5th December

But it seems like no one in this forum received any timings for the afternoon slots
一緒に青い空へ~

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 8:07 pm

jlayl wrote:hmm very possible I would say.
Cos the previous 23rd walk in a lot of ppl receive email to go for it too.
so they might only notify the rest for the 17th walk in..
seems like they closed the application early!

My friend told me there were so many applicants that they had to close :?
Going to make it harder to get through i think :(
Bug fingers crossed for all of us :)

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 8:10 pm

christineyuki wrote:zandlelightz: i sent mine on 5th December

But it seems like no one in this forum received any timings for the afternoon slots
I don't think there are timings for after noon?
From what i know, they will do the first round in the morning then those who pass will go through to the next rounds in the afternoon, Shall go on till about 5:30+ i think :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 8:51 pm

mintia wrote:Pork12,
When I went in June - I was 60kg (i'm 1.65m btw). Most of my weight's on my lower body - so I had to take a size L bottom.
...And I did pass the kebaya round - actually never failed it out of my so many attempts except for the 1 time that I managed to get to kebaya fitting @ STC...
Good luck to you Pork!
Hi mintia... Was just wondering.. They measured you at 1.65m? I'm really worried about my h&w because I measured myself at 1.63m and my weight's 60kg.. It's very likely they'll measure my height below 1.63m and my weight remains @ 60kg. You mean even at 60kg they did not fail you at the kebaya round? My weight is actually quite evenly distributed, I'm fat everywhere. :???: Sorry if I sound blunt, but I hope to clarify some doubts.. Thanks a lot!
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 9:05 pm

I think height's a much bigger problem as compared to weight..
I think its alright even if they measure you shorter, since you will definitely be above 158cm still. if you are worried about your bmi, I can understand. but looks wise, what they measure don't change how you look. :)