Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 1:28 am

RedHearts wrote:If my height is like say, a few cm short, does it mean there's no way that they'll accept me??

#-o

Why do cabin crew have to be a certain height? To reach the overhead lockers, if you fail to meet the required height/arm reach then you cannot be cabin crew. Sorry but that's just life, lot's of things I would like to have done but couldn't - same for most of us.

purplepig

Post by purplepig » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 1:38 am

gabbyseed wrote:-sighhhh-
I didn't get the invitation.
:(
i havent got the invitation either )=

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 1:59 am

Hey guys, relax. as they have said the closing date is dec 12, Just wait and see.

quote="purplepig"]
gabbyseed wrote:-sighhhh-
I didn't get the invitation.
:(
i havent got the invitation either )=[/quote]

RedHearts

Post by RedHearts » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 2:39 am

i'm so sorry to ask this. But does anyone know of any airlines that recruit at 154-155cm? cause i'm new to this and really want to be a flight attendant. =x

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 3:00 am

RedHearts wrote:i'm so sorry to ask this. But does anyone know of any airlines that recruit at 154-155cm? cause i'm new to this and really want to be a flight attendant. =x
You have asked the same question three times now but you already the answer: that is you are not tall enough! No good crying over spilled milk, just have to look at another avenue of employment. A flight attendant is not the only job in the world you know. :roll:

deja

Post by deja » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 7:01 am

Tink_15 congratulations! it was an absolutely right choice that you gave it a try and submitted your form. All the best to you!

viewfromthetop hahha... how great that your anxiety was eventually resolved. Did they 'accidentally' assign you two interview timeslots? lol.

pork12 Since I've started reading this forum, i read your msg here! awesome that you are giving this dec recruitment a try. Pray for you that you will receive e email reply soon!!!

sherrielynn share more happenings with us! :D

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 8:25 am

sherrielynn wrote:
Tink_15 wrote:Ohh so fun hehe
I'm so surprised i got short listed and asked to go in. I'm Western! But very happy hehe

SIA is a big company with many stations all over the world, if they take in the japanese, koreans, indonesians , why not you ? :) Good luck !
Heheh thankyou :) i don't believe they hav eany western grils though, but we shall see :) must be a reason why they asked me along :) anyone else going about 9plus. Two of us are meeting at Tannah merah, anyone else want to join. Also shopping on Sunday for something nice to wear and a coffee to interview each other hehe :)

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 8:27 am

deja wrote:Tink_15 congratulations! it was an absolutely right choice that you gave it a try and submitted your form. All the best to you!

viewfromthetop hahha... how great that your anxiety was eventually resolved. Did they 'accidentally' assign you two interview timeslots? lol.

pork12 Since I've started reading this forum, i read your msg here! awesome that you are giving this dec recruitment a try. Pray for you that you will receive e email reply soon!!!

sherrielynn share more happenings with us! :D
Thankyou :) I wouldn't of done it out of fear if it hadn't of been for the support on here :) Thankyou ! :) Lets wait and see now :)

qantasboy

Re: Medical Check-up

Post by qantasboy » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 8:35 am

jojoz85 wrote:
qantasboy wrote:For the check-up, you would be required to go for a urine test first. Then, they will ask you to go for the X-Ray. After the X-Ray, you would be required to go for the eye sight test and height and weight. After all that, the doctor will see you for blood pressure test and, ahem, full body check-up :wink: For males, she will get you to lie down and check every part of the body. Then, she will check for flat foot as well.
How about blood test?
No blood test... :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 8:46 am

deja wrote:pork12 Since I've started reading this forum, i read your msg here! awesome that you are giving this dec recruitment a try. Pray for you that you will receive e email reply soon!!!
Haha! Ya lor!! And you've already got thru your interviews while I've yet to go for one =X :lol:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular

Post by stewardwannabe » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 9:29 am

hey

i got an invite at 11 ish!..
SW

Care_Bear

Post by Care_Bear » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:16 am

stewardwannabe wrote:hey

i got an invite at 11 ish!..
What time is your appointment?
You mean they send you the email yestersday or today?
There is a Time for Everything..

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:39 am

viewfromthetop wrote:mine's 9.45am too!...
hey.. wanna meet n go together? where do u stay?

pinkpot

Post by pinkpot » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:42 am

hi, i have sent in my application once on the 6 dec, still no response from them though????

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:33 pm

I sent me application in on the 3rd and only got the reply yesterday so wait and see okie :) Sue tthey will e-mail you, closing date not till the 12th :) still got 2 more days :)
Any one want to meet on monday at Tannah merah and go together ?? :)