Singapore Expats

Anyone knows solutions to acne problems?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
erichoks

Post by erichoks » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 9:38 am

hey, for those who are under the medication to cure their acnes problem.

do you guys experience any side effect after taking the medication? my friend took for 2 weeks and his lips become so dry and start to peel off. when he consult the doctor, the doctor said it is the effect of the medication.

Stoven

Post by Stoven » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 6:06 pm

I took Accutane when I was a teen and I often had chapped lips that would crack and bleed. I do not think it's a side effect since your acne will also dry and peel off. It takes a month or two to actually clear up.

Due to the heat and humidity here I have broken out again on the sides of my face which gets worse every time I shave. Has anyone else broken out with acne due to the weather and how did you get rid of it?

Steve

erichoks

Post by erichoks » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 11:44 am

what you can do is to probably wash your face more often while you are outside (bring along your facial wash wherever you go).

human skins are always discharging wastes (detox process) through skin spores. with the amount of perspire and oiliness of our face during heat and humid day, our wastes are unable to discharge completely and are trapped beneath of our skin. overtime, the trapped wastes will then turn into acne. that is also why most people will tend to have acne breakout.

jR_iT's_me

Post by jR_iT's_me » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 4:06 pm

gf wrote : If i'm you i'll give him a tight slap, superior or not.
that's a mean thing to say.

Yesh, she def derserve a tight slap!

merliajoseph

Post by merliajoseph » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 11:19 pm

Can any1 posts some more suggestions for this problem.

jR_iT's_me

Post by jR_iT's_me » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 2:32 pm

i guess i am going to visit the dr chan in kovan soon. he use to b in punggol clinic nw he haf his own clinic. i was stubborn last time as i apply reali thick make up n perhaps i didnt clean it off well dats y i didnt see any improvement. he's my last solution n i realli hope to wake up n see my clean face everydae fer the rest of my life :)

erichoks

Post by erichoks » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 1:01 am

jR_iT's_me wrote:i guess i am going to visit the dr chan in kovan soon. he use to b in punggol clinic nw he haf his own clinic. i was stubborn last time as i apply reali thick make up n perhaps i didnt clean it off well dats y i didnt see any improvement. he's my last solution n i realli hope to wake up n see my clean face everydae fer the rest of my life :)
hey jR_iT's_me, have you tried other facial products to improve your situation?

hoydene

Post by hoydene » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:46 pm

jR_iT's_me wrote:i guess i am going to visit the dr chan in kovan soon. he use to b in punggol clinic nw he haf his own clinic. i was stubborn last time as i apply reali thick make up n perhaps i didnt clean it off well dats y i didnt see any improvement. he's my last solution n i realli hope to wake up n see my clean face everydae fer the rest of my life :)
have you try julique recovery gel and mineral make up?

lilylily

skin

Post by lilylily » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:38 pm

i think my acne is caused by some certain products i used for removing make up. anyone ha got the same problems as me and has it cured completely?

hoydene

Re: skin

Post by hoydene » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:41 pm

lilylily wrote:i think my acne is caused by some certain products i used for removing make up. anyone ha got the same problems as me and has it cured completely?
fancl cleansing oil is a good one

Jake82

Post by Jake82 » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 2:55 pm

I can relate - for the last few years, I've had problems with cystic adult acne. Went to the SG National Skin Centre in which my dermatologists precribed a combination of a topical & oral treatment: Retin-A .5% and Doxycycline

The combination of the two worked quite well - I can say with confidence that post-medication there is a significantly less cystic breakouts vs. before. The Retin-A also helps reduce pigmentation the acne had left behind.

Hope this helps! :)
merliajoseph wrote:Can any1 posts some more suggestions for this problem.

LaBellaVita78

Post by LaBellaVita78 » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:22 pm

I have been to Dr Chan as well, i would say he is the most Value for money Dr around with his own cleanser in cough syrup bottle and 'home-make' tube of cream with excellent mixture of chemical creams. And most inportant thing is it is very cheap and efficient. (Cheap compared to all other 'big names' dermatologist e.g Joyce Lim, SK Tan, Patricia Yuen).
But please follow what he told you DO NOT apply make up often.

sammieluv

Post by sammieluv » Mon, 11 May 2009 12:07 pm

if your acne is because of sensitive skin, i reckon switching your skincare brands to something thats more sensitive-friendly.

for me, my skin breaks out VERY EASILY - if it's too oily, too hot, too dirty or even a change in climate! :???: but my skin is kept under control with Simple. it's really mild, with no perfume or colour, so its great for sensitive skinned peeps like me ;D

Aui

Post by Aui » Sat, 16 May 2009 2:43 am

Try Maple Clinic at Tampines....
I swear by their acne cream. :)