Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 7:05 pm

jojoz85 wrote:Just wondering, during the management round we'll be interviewd by 2 interviewers?

Before I went for the management round on last Thurs, I was told to meet a Singapore SIA executive and a Taiwanese supervisor (cabin crew). But I received both calls from SIA cabin crew recuitment staff and the supervisor, telling me to wait for email.

I was wondering, did that considering the management interview or not yet. I remembered the email that inform me to go for the management interview, stated that I've to birng my original documents and a photocopied each. But I was not told to bring on Wed.

I told them as I'll be graduating in March 2009, so is it possible that they will take a longer time to review my application? Or they have to wait for other Taiwanese applicants to apply in Taiwan then review all applications at once. (They did not seem to have such case that a Taiwanese applies as Taiwanese cabin crew in Singapore)

And I'll like to know if there's any condition applied for medical? Like, in what circumstances that people will fail their medical?

It's my 1st attempt and I hope I can just pass it at one go (even if I were to fail, I'll still try again).

I'm so anxious just waiting for their email, not knowing when the email will come in!
May I ask, did you get to meet the SIA exc and Taiwanese Supervisior ? If you did, then as spoken with them you may have to wait for the email. They are not fast in replying, so take it easy ! :D

As for medical wise, it is of minority that will fail. Have you gone for your medical as well ? If you did, they usually take less than 5 days to get back to you. :)

Maybe since you are graduating in 2009, they may KIV you for awhile before they get back to you since you will be graduating in March 09.
Flutterby Flutterby

|ncubus_

Post by |ncubus_ » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 7:19 pm

congratulations sherrielyn and shaun for making it thru!

wow...so fast the batch is 65/08?

dont worry guys, if u have not received the call from mary. some may just have to wait longer than the other. eventually, the wait is all worth it.

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 7:38 pm

|ncubus_ wrote:congratulations sherrielyn and shaun for making it thru!

wow...so fast the batch is 65/08?

dont worry guys, if u have not received the call from mary. some may just have to wait longer than the other. eventually, the wait is all worth it.
thanks, if i'm nt wrng, shaun should be a batch after me because my interview was a write in on 31st oct. (been waiting till my neck is long)
yeah with regards of the batch, do they do it in alt numbers ? when i went to do my uniform, i saw batches like 61/08, 63/08, 65/08... so werid.
Flutterby Flutterby

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 7:43 pm

hi all, I am going to ask a question which sounds kinda silly.
but I have no written a resume before.. so..

under the resume section in the online application,
what do we fill in in the big blank box?
Something like an introduction of ourselves?

thanks a lot to the helpful one who replies me.. hahaa

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 7:50 pm

Woho! I was sitting next to a Singapore girl on the train on my way home just now! :lol:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

|ncubus_

Post by |ncubus_ » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 8:06 pm

sherrielyn...im nt sure also hw the batch no works these days. from what i know, after batch 999, they change the whole numbering system. :???:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 8:09 pm

|ncubus_ wrote:sherrielyn...im nt sure also hw the batch no works these days. from what i know, after batch 999, they change the whole numbering system. :???:

yeah thats what i heard too. so its like i'm the 65th batch this yr. :?
Flutterby Flutterby

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:50 pm

The Batches are in running orders, 63/08, 64/04, 65/08....then 01/09, 02/09 in year 2009. The reason why you don't see running numbers at the tailors is that there are a few tailors here doing the kabayas for SIA :wink:

jojoz85

Post by jojoz85 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:57 pm

sherrielynn wrote:May I ask, did you get to meet the SIA exc and Taiwanese Supervisior ? If you did, then as spoken with them you may have to wait for the email. They are not fast in replying, so take it easy ! :D

As for medical wise, it is of minority that will fail. Have you gone for your medical as well ? If you did, they usually take less than 5 days to get back to you. :)

Maybe since you are graduating in 2009, they may KIV you for awhile before they get back to you since you will be graduating in March 09.
Yap, I already met them last Wed. They just told me to wait for their email.

Well, I guess I'll just wait patiently. Thanks!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 1:38 am

Most likely you will have to wait for the Taiwan recruitment exercise to end and start the training together with them. Foreign crew always start their training together in a class.

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:50 pm

shaundc wrote:
Tink_15 wrote: Your ang moh ?! :)
Hahahaha I'm half...i've been reading your plight of late, how they may not accept you. Thankfully I can pass off for asian, seems that side dominates. You know, I have to say though that I have a friend flying, british chinese and a whole lot whiteR boy looking compared to me. Why don't you just give it a shot? No harm trying right, good way to pass a Sunday anyway. :oops:

The problem is i'm here on a work pass and i don't have PR at the moment :( and i don't have any asian blood in me, So sad hehe, would love to fly for SIA though... :)
Hmm a lot of "white: guys but all the girls are VERY asian looking hehe, i'm really not, very tall at 173 and very white with long curly brown/blond hair.. see... not asain at all :) Maybe i should try ???? not sure :)
So you flying with SIA yet ? :)

viper
Regular
Regular

Post by viper » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 2:06 pm

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... n_crew.jsp
Just send in your application online closing date 15 December 2008.

No harm trying right? :D
Good luck.

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 2:29 pm

caryssa wrote:Hi Viewfrthetop,

You are most welcome :) I just tell you what I read from this forum. Hope all of us will be shortlisted :) By the way, are you a male or female? hehehe...
malay female.. :)
..if you could only read my mind..

bolt

Post by bolt » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 3:14 pm

Hi guys, I went for the 23rd Interview as well.
I just received Mary's call this morning. Just wondering if anyone is starting training on 12Jan09?

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 5:11 pm

Viewfrthetop,

Thx for clearing my curiosity..wakakakak :D update me if you received any news from SIA yea..
Accomplish or do not begin