Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
coolbb

Hi Deja ,

Post by coolbb » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:33 am

Many thanks for the useful ,That was fast !!you mean your friend who went for the last thursday interview is going to start her training on the 9 DEC 2008?As according to the HR she will only call us after two weeks and they will not review the medical result to us .. :???:

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:34 am

hmm.. isit true that after one failed the management rd, one is nt allow to submit his application within short period for another interview? I failed my management rd on the 23 nov, and since there is another interview on the 15 dec, I'm thinking of trying again. but i read from other posts that it is not advisable to retry cos the interviewers might rem you or something.

Is it true? still hesitating to send cos scared they will ban me :(
-shenoes-

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:43 am

shaundc wrote:Hey 3ds,

Of course. To put it simply it really all just boils down for my ultimate love for travelling. Secondary reason is I've been working in the service industry on and off for about 6 years now so it's what I'm most comfortable doing. I have a dip of Hospitality Management too so it's a perfect fit. Who wouldn't snap up a job that allows you to incorporate your life's passion into something you're comfortable with and love doing. Make sense? When it comes down to your personal battle with retaining a job ( I don't mean trying to keep yourself from getting fired haha :lol: ...but actually finding the determination to stick with the job you currently have) you need a bit of passion for what you do. So I see good prospects in SIA. :D

For what I do now, I just do a bit of part time work tending a small bar operated by a great family that are long friends of mine. So yeah! Anyone else like to share their background and experiences? By the way guys I'm sorry I've been mass posting, I talk too much. I probably come across pretty self absorbed too...I should shut up. Everyone secretly saying this ang moh talk a load of :mad: haha
Your ang moh ?! :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:19 pm

shenoes wrote:hmm.. isit true that after one failed the management rd, one is nt allow to submit his application within short period for another interview? I failed my management rd on the 23 nov, and since there is another interview on the 15 dec, I'm thinking of trying again. but i read from other posts that it is not advisable to retry cos the interviewers might rem you or something.

Is it true? still hesitating to send cos scared they will ban me :(
Apparently it's not true! Someone tried 3 consecutively, and got through on his 3rd attempt. I can't remember who... Someone from this forum.
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

shaundc

Post by shaundc » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:50 pm

Tink_15 wrote: Your ang moh ?! :)
Hahahaha I'm half...i've been reading your plight of late, how they may not accept you. Thankfully I can pass off for asian, seems that side dominates. You know, I have to say though that I have a friend flying, british chinese and a whole lot whiteR boy looking compared to me. Why don't you just give it a shot? No harm trying right, good way to pass a Sunday anyway. :oops:
I think we all agree Quagmire rocks. Giggidy Giggidy GONE!

coolbb

Hi Ah Meo

Post by coolbb » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:01 pm

Since u are a half Ang Moe then do you require to apply for the employement pass?

shaundc

Post by shaundc » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:04 pm

coolbb,

Neh, I have Singaporean Citizenship :)

coolbb

Post by coolbb » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:25 pm

IC cool..so have SIA contacted you so far ?

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Viewfrthetop,

You are most welcome :) I just tell you what I read from this forum. Hope all of us will be shortlisted :) By the way, are you a male or female? hehehe...

Cythx,
yea, now we can only wait for their news..GOOD LUCK, minasan! :D
Accomplish or do not begin

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:40 pm

Shaundc,

No u are not talking crap here..your info is very useful to us..thanks for sharing... :D
Accomplish or do not begin

shaundc

Post by shaundc » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:49 pm

coolbb,

Nah, they haven't. Still waiting for the call. I went for my final management interview on Monday too, so it's a bit unsettling seeing how others that went on a later date have gotten the call. Nothing to stress about though I'm sure. I'm figuring that applicant who gets to start in the first week of Dec probably indicated that she would start immediately instead of leaving a notice period of 1 month like the rest of us, so they could've processed her application first.

coolbb

Post by coolbb » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 2:22 pm

Hi Shaundc ..Have you ever thought of calling them instead ?Im quite nervous as mine was immediate too but no respond from them so far?
just wonder Have anyone sign any contract so far?hmm.. :???:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hi All

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 2:27 pm

deja wrote: 130/80 is an absolutely normal readings, so need not worry :)

and oh, a friend of mine who went for body check 1 week ago has just received the result of her medical check, and her training will start on 9 dec. hope this info help.
deja - your friend is really damn lucky. i took my interview on 31st oct and i'm gonna start on the 9th dec with her too. is she is the 65/08 batch too ? cuz i recall seeing my batch list stating 17 girls only.
hw about urs ?
Flutterby Flutterby

shaundc

Post by shaundc » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 2:34 pm

coolbb wrote:Hi Shaundc ..Have you ever thought of calling them instead ?Im quite nervous as mine was immediate too but no respond from them so far?
To be honest, I haven't tried. I can't imagine how many calls they get as it is, no need to antagonise them further IMHO. They'll call, don't worry! I'll be sure to post once they do.

coolbb

Post by coolbb » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 2:38 pm

shaundc wrote:
coolbb wrote:Hi Shaundc ..Have you ever thought of calling them instead ?Im quite nervous as mine was immediate too but no respond from them so far?
To be honest, I haven't tried. I can't imagine how many calls they get as it is, no need to antagonise them further IMHO. They'll call, don't worry! I'll be sure to post once they do.
Ok I will take heed of your wonderful advise ,any ideal when are we going to sign the contract ?