Singapore Expats

George Forman Grill

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

George Forman Grill

Post by snowqueen » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 9:25 pm

I have read in a couple of places that it is not possible to buy a George Forman grill ANYWHERE in Singapore. It looks like I'm going to ask a visiting family member to bring one over for me.

Has anyone managed to sucessfully buy one of these in Singapore? If not, is there a similar appliance I can use. I'm used to chicken fillets only taking 10 minutes to cook rather than 40 mins in the oven.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 9:54 pm

this question was asked a few months back. do a search on the posting...

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:16 am

I have but thanks anyway.

louy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by louy » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 7:03 pm

I will go out and buy one before I move over.

I know they sell these in Asia, but not seen one in Singapore.
In HK, these are sold with Jackie Chan and Foreman jointly promoting it.

Leone and John
Regular
Regular

Post by Leone and John » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:52 am

I couldn't find one anywhere either, so on a visit 'back home' last year, brought one back with me...... unfortunately, left it on the balcony and the humidity got to it..... used it for 12 mths before it gave up!!!

It was cleaned after each use, dried etc... but the humidity must have rusted the inside bits. :oops!:
Leone + John Fabre
[ Singapore ]

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 6:21 pm

Someone told me that Paris Silk in Holland Village sells them.I haven't gone to check it out though.

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 9:34 pm

Great thanks, I'll go take a look. Failing that, will try HK - think hubby may have a work trip there soon so may tag along for the ride, just to get my George Forman grill.

How sad am I? :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:38 pm

snowqueen, if you do decide to do a tag along to HK or find out that Paris Silk has 'em, let me know as I'd still like to have one of the one's with the interchangable plates for doing omelets etc., etc.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 8:34 am

I never actually made it to Pari Silk but my sister did send me a small one through the post from the UK. It didn't make it unscathed so we had to glue the lid a little to put it back in one piece but so far so good, it's working well.

We have since discovered that you can buy one via VPost so I may still get a bigger one for when we have visitors.

Leone and John
Regular
Regular

Post by Leone and John » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 1:31 pm

Heard recently that TANGS in Orchard Rd have them.

I brought mine over with me but within 6 mths (being out on the balcony most of the time) the insides rusted out.

Going to try and manage without one.
:roll:
Leone + John Fabre
[ Singapore ]

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:03 pm

I eat a lot, and loved my George Foreman grill, left it in storage and was sure I'd find one here since they're made in nearby Malaysia.

The best I could do is a Princess model, (bought in Jakarta), that in some ways is way better, but the huge downside is that you cannot remove the cooking surface for cleaning. It's bigger though and square so it's great for panini's, chicken breasts, and salmon or tuna steaks. I finally got the helper to use it, once she caught on, everything was prepared on it. she even grilled the ingredients for sambal bawang in it!

If you know someone that travels to JKT often I can call over there and get the name of the store, it's a big Electronics depot style place, but I don't recall the name right now.
Pakjohn

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”