Singapore Expats

Tokai Clinic (Thailand)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 4:48 pm

lol debate? You're thinking too much. I know boii18 personally, which is why i said directly what a boyish look is, cos i know what's boii18's specific idea of a boyish look. I totally agree with you that all those terms are subjective; again i must stress, it's specifically directed at boii18. I'm sorry i didn't make that clear in the first post

Anyway, your point about edison chen's 'hidden' lids. That is not subjective in the very least. His double eyelids are as clear as day and night, but if you don't think so, then you can believe what you want. His crease is definitely not low for a guy.

I totally agree that how big one's eyes are is subjective, like you said. But big has two parts to it: Height and Width (Or in your words, how long). Anyway, i don't know who you're kidding if you honestly believe deep down in your heart that edison's eyes aren't big, using the average joe's eyes as a normal benchmark
And of course you can't go to the other extreme and talk about people like lee jun ki to prove the point that long eyes doesn't always mean big.
lol.. to use your own point against yourself. I for one, don't find takeshi that manly, but more pretty. So it's subjective, like you said.

The height of the crease.. does make the eye look bigger, which is essentially what people want, having 'bigger' eyes. Obviously it doesn't take a genius to know the size of the eyeball doesn't change, but just that more of the eyeball is shown, giving the illusion of a bigger eye.

I was friggin being sarcastic with the 9-10mm, i didn't know my sarcasm was that bad, especially with that emoticon inserted in. Yes, that big doe eyes = boyish is exactly boii18's idea. In case i havent driven the point home, that's HIS idea of a boyish look. And yes, if rain were to get a 10mm crease, it WILL make his eyes look much bigger.

The reason why i sounded angsty was cos your original post sounded too much like telling boii18 what to do. It's his face and the way you put it across, "firstly, it will change too much as compared to your original looks and we would want that?" <= It's honestly quite offensive. But i agree that he is quite a PS-nut and i've discouraged him from going for some procedures. :)

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:04 pm

i see where you are coming from. I didn't know how boii18 defined ''boyish'' and hence thought it would be stereotypical and shallow to say boyish = big eyes.

well, i have nothing much to say, because we will be going in circles. to you, edison's eyes are big, to me, they are average. (again, i repeat, we have different opinions) it boils down again on whose eyes you are comparing it to as the benchmark. takeshi is pretty to you, but i find him manly. i think pretty to me would refer to jap boys, so there you go again, different opinions.

last part, mmm, i didn't know i sounded like i was ordering him to do..please don't get the wrong idea.. :) i do knw it's his face..and ultimately it's up to him..but i was just thinking...nose, lips, chin, botox, still eyes? (i thought it would turn him to another person ie like DY, so my assumption was that nobody wants to look like a totally different person..including boii18)

and like you mentioned, in your own words, he's a PS-nut, and you've discouraged him..well, my intention was also to discourage him..from doing more PS(not specifically eyes) and yeah..that' just solely my intention..

abt height of crease and size of eyes..no doubt typically we all think that the higher your crease is..the bigger your eyes..but apparently i was corrected by another forummer that TW docs claim that you can have a low crease and big eyes. there are diff procedures like the usual epi, and stuff..but there is this ''eye widening'' procedure that is targetted at making eyes bigger..and TW docs do not do high creases to achieve huge doe eyes..not in any position to comment abt this..but the first thing that comes to my mind when someone mentions ''high crease'' it will remind me of indonesian taitais with practically a line b/w their eyes and eyebrows..it doesnt make their eyes bigger though...

p/s: you'd realise i am not so active on this forum..and i am just reading like once in a week when i'm free..so i happen to see that(and rather shocked to see that) boii18 is planning to have his eyes done..so yeah..just replied to sort of discourage him, afterall, his current eyes aren't bad to start with..i hope you understand that i could just NOT reply but yes i was kpo and decided to just offer my humble opinion..so yeah..peace.. :)
Cry when you get ripped.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:17 pm

takuda wrote: abt height of crease and size of eyes..no doubt typically we all think that the higher your crease is..the bigger your eyes..but apparently i was corrected by another forummer that TW docs claim that you can have a low crease and big eyes. there are diff procedures like the usual epi, and stuff..but there is this ''eye widening'' procedure that is targetted at making eyes bigger..and TW docs do not do high creases to achieve huge doe eyes..not in any position to comment abt this..but the first thing that comes to my mind when someone mentions ''high crease'' it will remind me of indonesian taitais with practically a line b/w their eyes and eyebrows..it doesnt make their eyes bigger though...
Now that is interesting.. who's the forummer? cos i wanna know more also. I am quite sure that by virtue of the eye looking big, the crease is high. There's no 'escaping' it. I honestly think what that forummer meant was that the crease is not so visible, which is really what a tapered crease is, but that doesn't make the crease height any less high.

I think you're quite mixed up between the two. High crease doesn't necessarily mean you can see the crease, or the extra eyelid fold, very visibly, ala parallel style. Didn't you get your eyes cut last time? Don't your eyes look bigger after the procedure? Mine is tapered 7.5mm and my eyes look MUCH bigger and a lot nicer. So does my friend who did a 9mm.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... iaChin.jpg
http://bp2.blogger.com/_oLv0ldpBSrQ/R-i ... 0/desk.JPG
Her eyes are so not bigger eh lol. Btw, she got a parallel cut, just that with all the make up.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:51 pm

haha, yes i found it interesting too. i don't remember the forummer's name but and i forgot if i was corrected on the kalo thread in the past, the TW thread or through PM. anw, i guess i really got it mixed up. high crease = definitely make your eyes bigger, BUT it SHOULD NOT be used as a means to widen your eyes. (does that sound weird? i hope you get me)

therefore, all along, i am of the opinion that OVERLY high crease is horrible and shouldn't be used to make ur eyes bigger. But i repeat, having double eyelids done somehow will make ur eyes, mm, i won't say bigger, but it's like brighter, in the sense, you look more awake, and less sleepy. anw, the ''eye widening procedure'' is here, on dr yang(right?) from artwood clinic..
for eg. this lady http://www.artwood.com.tw/eyes4.php, her crease remained about the same, but her eyes are widened vertically. some call it the ''tearing of the eyes''. this is referred to the method by TW doctors to make your eyes BIGGER, together with epi and whatnot. And if i'm not wrong, the trend now by TW and koreans docs are low creases..

yeps i had mine done but sort of regret it now..and i'm thinking of redoing it at artwood(not a ps freak, serious) the crease are sort of uneven and got some keloid(sp?) scars..yeps, i would say the procedure did ''open''my eyes..but i don't think it made my eyes bigger..afterall, i did it not for double eyelids but rather removal of the fatty eyelids which are making me look sleepy..or it could be perhaps i didn't do that high, that's why i don't experience the ''bigger eyes'' thing..i think mine was 5-6mm..

though it's just 5-6mm, it seems like its the max. height i can go..cause i am born with my eyes close to my brows..so now..even if this low crease..i do not have much space b/w eyelid and brow..quite sad..haha..
Cry when you get ripped.

zzzz

Post by zzzz » Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53 am

wow..@boii18 before and after pics.
the magic of ps. incredible!! scarily amazing..

ahshake86

how is the buccal fat removal

Post by ahshake86 » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 2:29 pm

I am going end of this month wanna do fat pad removal how is the result

beachlover

Post by beachlover » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:29 pm

is december a very busy time at tokaiclinic to get some surgeries done? i heard that the airport in bangkok is closed at the moment so i won't be able to go to thailand this month. i emailed dr. pat and normally he responds to my email right away but this time no response- weird.

Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Sun, 14 Dec 2008 1:16 pm

Hi all will be going to tokai on the 21st Dec anyone wants to join me?

Wanted to do tip plasty, zygoma reduction and buccal fat pad removal initially but decided only to do tip plasty with alar and buccal fat rmoval only....

The nose will cost me 1600usd and the buccal fat removal 800usd. For the nose Dr Pat say he will make the tip sharper and longer to correct the chao tian bi look together with alar... Might need to use septal or ear cartilage to do it... Can anyone comment on the price? Is it reasonable?

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Sun, 14 Dec 2008 1:48 pm

Maverick21 wrote:Hi all will be going to tokai on the 21st Dec anyone wants to join me?

Wanted to do tip plasty, zygoma reduction and buccal fat pad removal initially but decided only to do tip plasty with alar and buccal fat rmoval only....

The nose will cost me 1600usd and the buccal fat removal 800usd. For the nose Dr Pat say he will make the tip sharper and longer to correct the chao tian bi look together with alar... Might need to use septal or ear cartilage to do it... Can anyone comment on the price? Is it reasonable?
For nose it seems reasonable enough. It really depends on the amount of work your tip requires, and whether you are doing cartilage grafting. I don't know about the buccal fat, can consult aadvark.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Sun, 14 Dec 2008 3:27 pm

Hey thanks boii... I just went to the tokai web site and it states that nose reduction costs 1000usd... Does it means that we are being over charged? Anyway just Dr Pat on the phone and he had already confirmed with me the appt on the 21dec... Anyway how is his alarplasty skills?

doveybuzz

Post by doveybuzz » Sun, 14 Dec 2008 4:59 pm

Hey guys.

i'm planning to go to Tokai Clinic and get tip-plasty and alarplasty with Dr.Pat in January 2009.

i feel so re-assured with the comments here on the clinic.
i've been emailing Dr.Pat as well.

I have a few questions though.

I'm thinking of getting Rhinoplasty but i'm worried about the implants risks.
what are your feelings on implants?

Also, does Dr.Pat do Ear cartilage graft for Tip-plasty?

Thank you all

Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Sun, 14 Dec 2008 9:32 pm

According to him, he does ear cartilage grafting. That was what he planned to do for me. As for implant I think its really up to the individual... If your bridge is already high then you won't need to do it

I took out my implant as it was not suitable for me as I already have a high bridge... Thus my problem area is only my bulbous nose tip...

doveybuzz

Post by doveybuzz » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 5:47 pm

maverick21: i have the exact problem as you. huge button nose and wider alar base >_<

thanks for letting me know about the ear cartilage thing as wel

cheers mate

Maverick21
Regular
Regular

Post by Maverick21 » Mon, 15 Dec 2008 7:11 pm

No problem mate I will definitely post my update of my surgery and the results to share with the guys here

Anyone has done zygoma reduction with Tokai before? Need feedback... Thanks

doveybuzz

Post by doveybuzz » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 4:14 am

aadvark: how are the results of liposuction at Tokai clinic?
thanks