Singapore Expats

British Airways cabin crew recruitment (deadline 14 Nov. )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lipcolor

Post by lipcolor » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:55 pm

hi there.. does anyone know how often does BA recruit cabin crews in a year..?? TIA..!! :)
colorful l!fe..~

trenteans

Post by trenteans » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 5:39 pm

hi
I'd like to ask all the lucky gals who got called up for BA's interview, how many of you are ex or current cabin crew? Thanks a lot!!
The only way out is always through.

sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 9:24 pm

Tink_15 wrote:Oh no ! i missed it! :(
I'm British but live in Singapore hehe. Can you keep me informed of any more BA interveiws... thankyou :D
but BA wants mandarin speaking...how sad I dunt qualify...

mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 2:22 am

Just to wish the peeps having the interview on 1st Dec GOOD LUCK! =) Await to hear good news here!

msgrapey

Post by msgrapey » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:16 am

Just to wish the peeps having the interview on 1st Dec GOOD LUCK! =) Await to hear good news here!
yup all the best to everyone for their interviews and god bless!

disaster

Post by disaster » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 9:32 am

Hey forum-ers, ,

Why is the forum becoming so quiet?
Make some noise and share with us your experience during the interview.
Would love to hear it.
And for those attending the interview later, including me,
All the best & GOOD LUCK(S)

:DDDDD

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:06 am

haha.. ya.. why the sudden so quiet?

well, i went for my interview yest. and all i can say is, failure~~ dont think i will make it, so wont put so much hope for a return call for 2nd rd interview.

But i am reali impressed by BA ccs' warm hospitalities and their professionalism, in terms of their standard of interview. Thumbs up!! :D :D
-shenoes-

disaster

Post by disaster » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:11 am

Mind sharing in details how does the interview goes like?
And what kind of questions did they ask you?

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:19 am

disaster wrote:Mind sharing in details how does the interview goes like?
And what kind of questions did they ask you?
it's only a 20 min interview and you be inside a rm with 2 other interviewers and their interviewees. Well, it's kinda distracting cos you can hear other ppl talking and reading the passage.

First the interviewer will pick a passage for u to read in eng and chin. then she will hold a short interview in chin, like asking u wats ur job n job scope. Then she will read out a passage normally, you wil hear in plane, eg. 'ladies n gents, we will be arriving shanghai airport, the seat belt sign will be switch on in 20 mins time, and if u nid to use the toilet, pls use asap. once seat belt sign is switch on, pls return to ur seat. thank you', and u will have to translate in chin.

I think the more diff part is the passage reading in chin cos u never know which word u duno hw to read even if u are so prepared.

my passage is abt economy. i overheard another girl reading medicine stuffs.

i hope it helps abit :D :D All the best!!!
-shenoes-

msgrapey

Post by msgrapey » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:55 am

it's only a 20 min interview and you be inside a rm with 2 other interviewers and their interviewees. Well, it's kinda distracting cos you can hear other ppl talking and reading the passage.
Hi shenoes

will u be given abit of time to read thru the passage once first? or you will need to dive straight into the passage once u sit down?

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:01 pm

u will be given enough time for u to read and to prepare ur translation. They wont hurry you or give u black face. Like I said, they are very friendly and patient :D . Very professional.
-shenoes-

msgrapey

Post by msgrapey » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:09 pm

shenoes wrote:u will be given enough time for u to read and to prepare ur translation. They wont hurry you or give u black face. Like I said, they are very friendly and patient :D . Very professional.
thanks shenoes. Hmm how about the passage reading? r u supposed to read it once u sit down? or u may be allowed like1-2mins to run through it urself then proceed to reading it aloud?

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:16 pm

they will give u a few mins to prepare. for me, she told me to have a look first, once i'm ready then i'll start. same for all the other translation test. They wont hurry u n tats for sure :D
-shenoes-

msgrapey

Post by msgrapey » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:18 pm

shenoes wrote:they will give u a few mins to prepare. for me, she told me to have a look first, once i'm ready then i'll start. same for all the other translation test. They wont hurry u n tats for sure :D
burn the dictionary n drink it!!!
thanks babe for this advice... i think i also need a beer prior to this.. those nerves of mine r wrecking me apart now :shock:

mintia

Post by mintia » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:38 pm

OMG. I am SO GOING TO DIE - I can't read Chinese for nuts! :cry:

3pm is looming upon me....