Singapore Expats

How to help a Husky

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:53 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's probably why when I do see them being walked their tongues are hanging almost to their knees. I don't care what the breeders say regarding the suitability of surviving in a tropical climate, they are only trying to sell dogs. Had they been suitable equipped to survive in the tropics they would have been found here hundreds of years ago.
I would have to agree, I remember meeting a guy who had to have his dog shorn (no not a husky) to stop her passing out because of the heat. That was during a hot summer in England!

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:47 am

You see, if I would want to keep a husky, I dont mind leaving my aircon switched on 24 hrs for the fella..anyways..I find that its going to be sinful for me to call the AVA or SPCA,, what if they put it down...I dont want to carry any sin on my back , so I think the best is for me to find a good owner for it..

If you can help to spread the word or even help in any way, please do so, instead of making some other funny suggestions.I am trying to put an ad in my condo premises.Hopefully there will be someone interested.
:)

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:51 am

chixchix wrote:You see, if I would want to keep a husky, I dont mind leaving my aircon switched on 24 hrs for the fella..anyways..I find that its going to be sinful for me to call the AVA or SPCA,, what if they put it down...I dont want to carry any sin on my back , so I think the best is for me to find a good owner for it..
Torturing a dog is a sin. Place it with a responsible, KNOWLEDGEABLE dog owner or call the authorities. SPCA has a much better chance of doing this than you. There are worse things than a peaceful death for a dog. Cooping it up in your apartment is definitely one of them and it would be better for everyone if your neighbor knew what they did was wrong.

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:00 am

Chixchix, you would be doing the dogs a favour rather than leaving them to suffer in that apartment. If she has never taken them out they are already suffering. A call to the AVA is a better option.

(RNT, I get the feeling this is not a neighbour but someone she has gone to see for the dogs)
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:41 am

Its not my neighbour..I am living in a apartment so no issues about keeping big breeds ..I met this girl ..she made a advertisement via one of the websites...anyways,If I call AVA ..any idea what they will do to the dogs ?
Always have a smile on that face!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:05 am

I don't thing anything that AVA could do to them can be worse that what is currently being done to them...... :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:21 am

Dont forget to get a photo of the dogs being taken into care, and paste it in stomp, should at least show a few people that what she is doing is unacceptable.

You can pat your self on the back for helping the dogs out rather than helping the owner to sell them.

At least the AVA will feed them correctly rather than left over congee, and check they all have the correct vaccinations.

Hopefully will find suitable owners with large gardens who know and understand that these dogs require alot of exercise etc.

Avida
Regular
Regular

Post by Avida » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 1:25 am

Please report this person who is breeding dogs to make a profit.
If she really cared about animals at all, she shouldn't be breeding them and then selling the puppies. What difference is she to commercial breeders, even commercial breeders have better ethics. They feed their dogs better, take them for exercise and maintain the quality of the breed.

This is downright animal slavery. Please stop the buying.
Tell her she needs to get people to adopt her dogs or u are going to report her.

S$900 is crap. Mother husky is probably under nourish to began with. She shouldn't be having puppies.

Shame on this person and shame on everyone who buys from her.