Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 4:50 pm

deja wrote:hi all, thanks to all for the encouragement and best wishes, I made it through the final interview today. :D
CONGRATULATIONS! First try?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

deja

Post by deja » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 5:54 pm

yup. :)

jojoz85

Post by jojoz85 » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 6:13 pm

pork12 wrote: Well.. At least you got more time to prepare for the interview! But I don't really understand what you mean by applying for TW CC. Does that mean you're not a Sg-rean?
Yes, I'm Taiwanese stuyding in Singapore! That's why I can only apply as a foreign crew.

@ deja
Thanks for the info! It's very useful to me! :)
No wonder both the supervisor and SIA staff told me to wait for the email. So that means I still have the chance to go for the management round! I heard that there is an intake in Taiwan in Dec. I wondered if they're trying to schedule me to take the interview with the rest of the Taiwanese applicants.

Hopefully I can pull it through. :)

ready_2fly

Post by ready_2fly » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 6:29 pm

deja- r u getting same qn as Rohan ? can share with us ?

Rohai

Post by Rohai » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 7:20 pm

HI- i thank u all for the encouragement to try again. i definitely will.

well to answer one of ur questions, i can tell u where i have gone wrong as it is so obvious. i answered the questions very nervously and i especially stumbled on the strength and weaknesses questions.i totally forgot to prepare for that questions. therefore i answered horribly and suicidally. haha. and it went downhill from then on.

but usually if u had answered all questions confidently and still fail then no one will know where u have gone wrong.

gd luck to those who still have interviews coming up soon! and congrats deja! didnt get to see u just now.

cheers!
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, its a matter of choice; its not a thing to be waited for, its a thing to be achieved"

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 8:33 pm

Rohai wrote:HI- i thank u all for the encouragement to try again. i definitely will.

well to answer one of ur questions, i can tell u where i have gone wrong as it is so obvious. i answered the questions very nervously and i especially stumbled on the strength and weaknesses questions.i totally forgot to prepare for that questions. therefore i answered horribly and suicidally. haha. and it went downhill from then on.

but usually if u had answered all questions confidently and still fail then no one will know where u have gone wrong.

gd luck to those who still have interviews coming up soon! and congrats deja! didnt get to see u just now.

cheers!
I think I saw a guy wearing a jacket waiting at the lobby this morning when I went back for service training. :lol:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 8:36 pm

jojoz85 wrote:@ deja
Thanks for the info! It's very useful to me! :)
No wonder both the supervisor and SIA staff told me to wait for the email. So that means I still have the chance to go for the management round! I heard that there is an intake in Taiwan in Dec. I wondered if they're trying to schedule me to take the interview with the rest of the Taiwanese applicants.

Hopefully I can pull it through. :)
I reckon your application will be strong for your command of English language. Goodluck! :cool:

Rohai

Post by Rohai » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:28 pm

yup i guess that was me M. only one wearing jacket.felt so out of place.haha.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, its a matter of choice; its not a thing to be waited for, its a thing to be achieved"

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 9:06 am

Rohai wrote:yup i guess that was me M. only one wearing jacket.felt so out of place.haha.
:P

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 9:28 am

pork12 wrote:
deja wrote:hi all, thanks to all for the encouragement and best wishes, I made it through the final interview today. :D
CONGRATULATIONS! First try?
Congrats "deja" and people like you who are so very lucky. SQ is slowing it's recruitment drive. They are taking less crew eg. last walk-in SQ took in no more than 30 cabin crew.Prior to this one they recruited only 10.
Please don't be disheartened guys because once the travel business picks up SQ would embark on a more aggressive recruit campaign.
Good luck and cheers! :D :D :D

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 9:33 am

jojoz85 wrote:
But I was happy that the Taiwanese supervisor called me personally to tell me what was their discussion about. She's so NICE! If I successfully become a Cabin Crew, I definitely look forward to working with her!
Is it Katherine who called you?

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 2:01 pm

Quote: hi summerboy02,
i believe we were in the same group. grp 86 or 87 if im not wrong right?and there were 3 malays. im one of them. the only one wearing so formal with coat and tie.lol.feel kinda out of place. anyway i got final round later on. so probably the coat does help. haha. so which one is u?

hey Rohai...
Great to see you here,I am the only chinese to pass the round 1 in our group...So you should know who am I ....
I recognise you man....yes you were the only wearing so formal....
Dont be daunted over the management round,I failed that round before and that happened to fall on my birthday and it totally ruin my mood.
As what I said in the first round to the interviewer,I am still going strong and not giving up....LOL
Keep trying!!

jojoz85

Post by jojoz85 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 4:49 pm

M wrote:I reckon your application will be strong for your command of English language. Goodluck! :cool:
Thanks! I'll do my best!
Abercrombie wrote:Is it Katherine who called you?
Sorry, I did not ask for her name so I don't know about that.

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:16 pm

Hi everyone... i just created an account so i could get some advise about CC..javascript:emoticon(':)')
I need some help. I have lived in Singapore for 2 years, but i'm British. I really really want to apply for SQ but as i'm english, will i even stand a chance? I have everything else, my height is 173, my skin is good, my weight is good, i passed all 7 O levels i took. Please help
All advise would be really helpful javascript:emoticon(':D')

Congrats to everyone that got in the last round... i was reading the old posts hehe :)

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:32 pm

Tink_15 wrote:Hi everyone... i just created an account so i could get some advise about CC..javascript:emoticon(':)')
I need some help. I have lived in Singapore for 2 years, but i'm British. I really really want to apply for SQ but as i'm english, will i even stand a chance? I have everything else, my height is 173, my skin is good, my weight is good, i passed all 7 O levels i took. Please help
All advise would be really helpful javascript:emoticon(':D')

Congrats to everyone that got in the last round... i was reading the old posts hehe :)
Don't think SIA would employ an English guy to be its cabin crew. If you are a Singapore PR you may apply under the PR scheme and who knows you may be the first British to be a SIA cc. :wink: