Singapore Expats

Tokai Clinic (Thailand)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 1:14 am

furly angel wrote:Hi guys,

Just to share my experience at Tokai.
Earlier this month, I did tip plasty with Dr Pat. He was very attentive and listens carefully to what kind of tip I want.

Before the operation, I mention twice I want to be put to sleep. During the operation, I woke up. I could feel the needles poking on me nose and the threads stitching on my nose. I thought the surgery was gonna end so I was okay with it. I was thinking I will just have to wait for awhile more before everything ends. But I was wrong, the surgery had just began not long and I had woke up already. Soon, my anesthesia goes off and I swear it was hell for me. I can feel the pain very much with all the poking, stitching and whatever it is. I was tearing as I try to bear the pain. I wanted to tell the doctor to put me to sleep again but I have no idea whether the surgery is ending soon, so I tolerate till the end.

I have nothing against Dr pat, just tell those that intend to go Tokai, if you dont want to end up like me, please ask Dr pat to put a stronger GA on you. I stay in Bkk for 6 days and I visit Tokai three times(Dr pat ask me to come back twice so he can let his nurse clean my wound) I absolutely love the nurses there! They are very friendly and cute, makes me feel very comfortable there :)

Surprisingly, the aftermath of the operation was almost painless. My nose was very swollen, but its no pain at all. It has been 2 weeks and the swelling has reduce alot. Im waiting for it to fully recover so I can see the results.
yeah, the nurses were GREAT! i did my jaw implants at tokai under LA, and if not for the nurses keeping me calm, i think would have been screaming during the op!
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 1:57 am

Earlier this month, I did tip plasty with Dr Pat. He was very attentive and listens carefully to what kind of tip I want.

Before the operation, I mention twice I want to be put to sleep. During the operation, I woke up. I could feel the needles poking on me nose and the threads stitching on my nose. I thought the surgery was gonna end so I was okay with it. I was thinking I will just have to wait for awhile more before everything ends. But I was wrong, the surgery had just began not long and I had woke up already. Soon, my anesthesia goes off and I swear it was hell for me. I can feel the pain very much with all the poking, stitching and whatever it is. I was tearing as I try to bear the pain. I wanted to tell the doctor to put me to sleep again but I have no idea whether the surgery is ending soon, so I tolerate till the end.

I have nothing against Dr pat, just tell those that intend to go Tokai, if you dont want to end up like me, please ask Dr pat to put a stronger GA on you. I stay in Bkk for 6 days and I visit Tokai three times(Dr pat ask me to come back twice so he can let his nurse clean my wound) I absolutely love the nurses there! They are very friendly and cute, makes me feel very comfortable there :)

Surprisingly, the aftermath of the operation was almost painless. My nose was very swollen, but its no pain at all. It has been 2 weeks and the swelling has reduce alot. Im waiting for it to fully recover so I can see the results.
I woke up halfway in my 2nd nose job, but it was ending soon, and it wasnt VERY painful ( tho it was, sighs ) because my whole nose was numbed. But i can feel the implant being shifted left and right and dr said it will hurt abit becos implant is big lol. Then afterwards came my lips job, which wasnt painful at all surprisingly yet again. And I was awake. I was askng to be put to to sleep but dr pat say its ending, no need to sleep. haha. I was like holding the nurse hand during the 2nd nose job and tearing, her name is Pom she is very sincere. The other "Bee" is very cute. "Nit" is very knowledgeable. Haha.

My 1st job i also woke up halfway, but they injected me more after I asked dr pat what he was doing. he say he left with alar and tip. but i just fell asleep again soon after that.

When did my chin I was not given sedation, but done wide awake just with nerve blocks on my chin. It wasnt painful at all surprisingly. I was expecting hell.

furly, u were under LA with sedation, not under GA. GA means that even breathing will be need to be supported with a ventilator at times when it becomes too weak. You cant move and u are paralysed also. You also are not in a state of sleep but something like a medically induced coma. If you pinch someone under LA with sedation on a place that is not injected with local anesthesia, he/she will feel it and wake up. But its different for GA.

Do update us on ur results with tipplasty but bear in mind patience. tip shows the most subtle difference, and sometimes its only in real life. What did u do to ur tip? make it narrower? more downwards? did u add any implant or do u already have one? are u asian or caucasian? dr pat also does septal/ear cartilage graft
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

furly angel
Regular
Regular

Post by furly angel » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:22 pm

aadvark wrote:

yeah, the nurses were GREAT! i did my jaw implants at tokai under LA, and if not for the nurses keeping me calm, i think would have been screaming during the op!
Yup I agree with you. The nurses are all very petite in sizes and I find them all very cute. I was grabbing the blanklet tightly as I am enduring the pain and the nurse would hold my hand to calm me down. My bf ended up playing with Dr pat's son while waiting for me. I was in yanhee the same day for eyelid surgery and I feel much more comfortable at Tokai.
beauty is confidence

furly angel
Regular
Regular

Post by furly angel » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 2:29 pm

boii18 wrote:

I woke up halfway in my 2nd nose job, but it was ending soon, and it wasnt VERY painful ( tho it was, sighs ) because my whole nose was numbed. But i can feel the implant being shifted left and right and dr said it will hurt abit becos implant is big lol. Then afterwards came my lips job, which wasnt painful at all surprisingly yet again. And I was awake. I was askng to be put to to sleep but dr pat say its ending, no need to sleep. haha. I was like holding the nurse hand during the 2nd nose job and tearing, her name is Pom she is very sincere. The other "Bee" is very cute. "Nit" is very knowledgeable. Haha.

My 1st job i also woke up halfway, but they injected me more after I asked dr pat what he was doing. he say he left with alar and tip. but i just fell asleep again soon after that.

When did my chin I was not given sedation, but done wide awake just with nerve blocks on my chin. It wasnt painful at all surprisingly. I was expecting hell.

furly, u were under LA with sedation, not under GA. GA means that even breathing will be need to be supported with a ventilator at times when it becomes too weak. You cant move and u are paralysed also. You also are not in a state of sleep but something like a medically induced coma. If you pinch someone under LA with sedation on a place that is not injected with local anesthesia, he/she will feel it and wake up. But its different for GA.

Do update us on ur results with tipplasty but bear in mind patience. tip shows the most subtle difference, and sometimes its only in real life. What did u do to ur tip? make it narrower? more downwards? did u add any implant or do u already have one? are u asian or caucasian? dr pat also does septal/ear cartilage graft
I thought it was ending at first but it last for another 30-40mins.
I told Dr pat I wanted a smaller and sharper tip, no implants. I can definitely see the difference by now, its much smaller but not really sharp yet as there are still minor swelling. I will post up photos after my nose have fully recover.

I also show my bf ur before and after photos and he told me he want to get his nose done at tokai next year. He has the same kind of nose as you before and he commented that you look shuai now. haha
beauty is confidence

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 7:22 pm

haha thanks furly! here are my photos on day five on my chin augment and laser alar scars. i thnk ur bf shd get nice result also! i took the photos to show my nose chin and lip work. u think an 8mm tapered crease is okay for me?

lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 2:17 pm

any one did eyebag removal at tokai b4?
never too late to change!

justewayiam

helps

Post by justewayiam » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 3:54 pm

im pretty new to this
but ive alr set sights on doing double eyelids and a nose job
im 23 male

anyone has any recommendations as in, some doc could be better with male's nose job, some female, etc etc.

your help would be greatly appreciated!

Breeoei
Regular
Regular

Post by Breeoei » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 9:47 am

[quote="boii18"]Hope that gucci can contribute his/her pics before/after.

Appeal that whoever who did it there, can share pics, and discuss his work

Here are mine!
Lets start with Before

And After
[img]http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq14 ... ug08-2.jpg[

Justweyiam!!

Check this out:) Ain't it nice? Beautiful nose job!!!
BREE

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:20 am

Hmm i hope boii18 will come in and share about his nose. boii18, please? I spoke with him yesterday and he told me some stuff about his nose that i felt everyone should know, especially if you're going tokai. But i won't say it without his permission, so ya.

justewayiam

Post by justewayiam » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:31 pm

yeah, i've seen boi's posts and am quite impressed
but according to cersepn, thailand's surgeons may not be skilled enough for my current nose.
TW would be an option but it's gonna b out of my shedule till next sep
as im currently serving ns as an instructor, i could only awol my way out.

depressed guy
live once, live beautifully

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:38 pm

justewayiam wrote:yeah, i've seen boi's posts and am quite impressed
but according to cersepn, thailand's surgeons may not be skilled enough for my current nose.

depressed guy
There's alot to rhinoplasty; it's a very demanding procedure. I highly suggest you not to rush into it, but don't take my word for it, read up on it yourself and decide. You said yourself you wanted an obvious change, which is why i said thailand may not be able to give you what you want.

justewayiam

Post by justewayiam » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:52 pm

cersepn wrote:
justewayiam wrote:yeah, i've seen boi's posts and am quite impressed

depressed guy
There's alot to rhinoplasty; it's a very demanding procedure. I highly suggest you not to rush into it, but don't take my word for it, read up on it yourself and decide. You said yourself you wanted an obvious change, which is why i said thailand may not be able to give you what you want.
pardon me ya. i'm really new to this ps thing.
yeah, i know what you mean. i appreciate your opinions and pointers a lot. it helps me in enhancing my knowledge on ps bits by bits.

i'm still weighing up the options and tokai is deep in my thoughts.
i wonder.
live once, live beautifully

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:09 am

boiii18, personally, i feel you shouldn't do your eyes. firstly, it will change too much as compared to your original looks and we would want that? second, and more importantly, i am aware that you are going for the boyish kind of look, and i dont think an 8mm tapered crease would complement that. o.o just my opinion, cause i feel that very guys who look good in double eyelids(esp high creases) are those who are really manly..daniel henney(sp?) and all..if your talking about boyish as in edison chen kind of boyish, his eyes are not big(but i do think its a hidden double eyelid), but if your talking about boyish as in japanese dramas kind of boyish then yep, some have really huge and round eyes. i think you look good now with the new nose and lips already. :)
Cry when you get ripped.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 1:01 pm

takuda wrote:boiii18, personally, i feel you shouldn't do your eyes. firstly, it will change too much as compared to your original looks and we would want that? second, and more importantly, i am aware that you are going for the boyish kind of look, and i dont think an 8mm tapered crease would complement that. o.o just my opinion, cause i feel that very guys who look good in double eyelids(esp high creases) are those who are really manly..daniel henney(sp?) and all..if your talking about boyish as in edison chen kind of boyish, his eyes are not big(but i do think its a hidden double eyelid), but if your talking about boyish as in japanese dramas kind of boyish then yep, some have really huge and round eyes. i think you look good now with the new nose and lips already. :)
Honestly, what are you talking about. Edison chen's eyes not big? His dbl eyelids are not totally NOT hidden. They are, in fact, very prominent. You're probably talking about those pictures where he's facing the camera with his face angled downwards, in which case, anyone with dbl eyelids will look like the lids are hidden.
http://dailyyeah.com/pictures/Edison/2.jpg
http://myfirstgossipblog.files.wordpres ... dison1.jpg

Boyish looking guys always have big eyes one la. It's those guys with smaller eyes that tend to look more manly with the high nose and chiselled jaw.

But you are right. 8mm won't look boyish - crease still too low, need at least 9-10 for the ultimate boyish+jappish look :o

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 3:01 pm

What an angsty reply. Let me repeat myself, my reply was totally MY opinion, and i realised eyes were not boii18 wanted to do initially(it was not in his PS roadmap) and i felt he MIGHT just get addicted and be the male version of DawnYang. I hop you see where i am coming from(since i do not get to gain anything by arguing if it's a hidden or exposed double eyelid(:)

Now, with regard to your reply, cersepn:

First of all, i have to say a lot of points raised are SUBJECTIVE. Basically, there are 3 parts in the debate, namely, whether it is hidden or exposed/prominent, whether it's BIG or small, lastly, whether the 'boyish' boii18 meant was with big doe eyes or small eyes.

1)Hidden or not? To me, the pics of Edison you posted are still, hidden to me. What is NOT hidden, you ask? Do a google search of this taiwan artiste, Eddie Peng, i can't find a suitable pic of him. His eyes, i would say are not hidden, as the double eyelid crease is VERY visible, perhaps because it's a parallel one. Then again, not that Edison's eyelid has NO CREASE, similiarly, it is a pretty low tapered crease hence making the eyelid look RELATIVELY hidden. This brings me to the 2nd point...

2)BIG or not? Again, this is subjective. How big is big? Edison's eyes are big to you? Not me. Ayumi's eyes are big, to me. See the difference? They are all subjective. I would argue that Edison's eyes are more of long-ish than BIG. (Note: whethe or not it is big or long, i'm not saying they are ugly whatsoever.)

3)relationship b/w manly/boyish and size of eyes.

in your own words, ''It's those guys with smaller eyes that tend to look more manly with the high nose and chiselled jaw. ''

Now, to rebutt that point, may i ask if Takeshi Kaneshiro(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeshi_Kaneshiro) has SMALL eyes to you? To me, and i believe to many, he is one of the famous ones for being ''manly'' yet his eyes are no where near small, definitely bigger than edison, that is. That's just one example, there are thousands of manly guys with big eyes.

Lastly, it can be seen clearly that to you, BOYISH means big doe eyes, with japanese looks. But that might not be boyish to everyone, so just a word of caution, don't stereotype. Rain is boyish to many, but his eyes? This shows that your relationship of big eyes = boyish is invalid.

P/s: I just read the 9-10 mm to get the ultimate boyish/jappish part. To be honest, i laughed at it. As someone who have gone under the knife for double eyelid youself, i am sure you should know that HEIGHT OF CREASE IS NOT EQUALS TO SIZE OF EYES. So please do not be shallow and mislead the rest of the forummers(i'm not a guru myself, i admit)

If you are unhappy with the last point, PLEASe, enlighten me, that, if RAIN, korean singer, RAIN, were to have a 10 mm double eyelid surgery, it WILL make his eyes very very very BIG? I suppose not, so yeah.

Feel free to reply to the above, but bear in mind, my very first reply to boii18 was filled without any ill intentions, furthermore, without any thoughts to challenge any other PS experts in this forum.
Cry when you get ripped.