Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
bonvoyage

Post by bonvoyage » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 8:30 am

uhm... sorry I'm new here... but anybody knows the contact information for Dongyang clinic in Seoul?

I was wondering how much it cost for zygoma reduction and just the eyelid surgery... (my eyes look lazy)...

weeles

Re: Please give me some advice.

Post by weeles » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 7:47 pm

moonlight_pmdct wrote:
weeles wrote:
simple jane wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new here and after listening to what you have gone through esp. flying mice I am in awe of your courage to go under the knife. Not only that, I am also inspired to get double-eye lids too.

Can everyone share who is a good doctor as I am still a student and want to use my hard-earned savings properly. Please give me your advice. My ears are open.

I read that dr. Su is one of the best eyelid surgeon in Taiwan. I did a consultation w her, and she really took the time to describe the eye anatomy, examine your eyes, measuring each eye and the width between both eyes. She checked my vaccination mark on my upper arm to see if I'm keloid prone. She also asked whether I was using eyelid glue etc. And her price is reasonable.

But she didn't do my surgery. I went to dr. Chuang instead.

Weeles,
I'm looking into doing my eyes also. Right now thinking of either Dr. Su or Dr. Chuang. Can you tell me why you chose Dr. Chuang rather than Dr. Su?
Thank you
Hi Moonlight,
I went to dr. Chuang because dr. Su wanted to do the stitching method for me because she thinks I don't need any fat removal, which I think is not true since I had heavy eyelids. She wouldnt do epi for me either :( After my insisting on having cutting method, she offered to do the full incision (longer recovery period), nut still no epi.

Dr Chuang on the other hand said he'll do the mini incision plus epi. He said that I have fatty eyelids, so he'll remove some fats. I'm really glad that I chose dr. Chuang and did the epi.

kitty8800

rhinoplasty in singapore

Post by kitty8800 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 8:18 am

how abt doc wong saw yeen? anyone had a rhinoplasty done by him b4?

Breeoei
Regular
Regular

Post by Breeoei » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 9:21 am

bonvoyage wrote:uhm... sorry I'm new here... but anybody knows the contact information for Dongyang clinic in Seoul?

I was wondering how much it cost for zygoma reduction and just the eyelid surgery... (my eyes look lazy)...
The Plastic Surgeon will be in town on 30th Nov....if you care of email [email protected]. Hope they still have slots cos many people would want to go for free consultation.

Hope this information is good enough for you:)
BREE

UglyPiglet

Post by UglyPiglet » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 8:23 pm

weeles wrote:
weeles wrote:

Weeles,
I'm looking into doing my eyes also. Right now thinking of either Dr. Su or Dr. Chuang. Can you tell me why you chose Dr. Chuang rather than Dr. Su?
Thank you
Hi Moonlight,
I went to dr. Chuang because dr. Su wanted to do the stitching method for me because she thinks I don't need any fat removal, which I think is not true since I had heavy eyelids. She wouldnt do epi for me either :( After my insisting on having cutting method, she offered to do the full incision (longer recovery period), nut still no epi.

Dr Chuang on the other hand said he'll do the mini incision plus epi. He said that I have fatty eyelids, so he'll remove some fats. I'm really glad that I chose dr. Chuang and did the epi.
Hey Hi weeles, what do you mean by fatty eyelids? Correct me if I'm wrong >>> Fatty eyelids refer to excess eyelids which makes your lids like droppy? Hmmm, I'm going to meet Dr Su soon, was wondering how to tell her what I want. Will she show me lots of guy's eyes pictures for reference? And mini incision is it also know as korean style of double eyelids surgery? And how long is the recovery for full incision compared to mini incision?

UglyPiglet

Post by UglyPiglet » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 8:28 pm

Oh yah add on to above, Weeles. Is Dr Su very stubborn in the way that she will be firm with her decision and refuse to accommodate to your own views and recommendation? Don't know why, when the days coming nearer and nearer I feel so worried about it. Like what if the outcome I'm not happy with it? OMG, I'm so worried now...... :(

weeles

Post by weeles » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 8:30 am

UglyPiglet, I post my reply in the Taiwan forum

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:25 am

weeles wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:
weeles wrote:
I read that dr. Su is one of the best eyelid surgeon in Taiwan. I did a consultation w her, and she really took the time to describe the eye anatomy, examine your eyes, measuring each eye and the width between both eyes. She checked my vaccination mark on my upper arm to see if I'm keloid prone. She also asked whether I was using eyelid glue etc. And her price is reasonable.

But she didn't do my surgery. I went to dr. Chuang instead.

Weeles,
Thank you
Hi Moonlight,

Thanks Weeles for your reply. wow she is not willing to listen to your input? :shock: hmm This is hard. I would like someone who gives me his/her opinion but also take my inputs into consideration also. Is she not able to see that you have fatty eyelids at all??

Breeoei
Regular
Regular

Post by Breeoei » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 5:53 pm

What is epi surgery?
BREE

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 1:53 am

Breeoei wrote:What is epi surgery?
epi = Epicanthoplasty means..
A unique feature of the Asian eyelid is the epicanthal fold, this fold is located in the inner most portion of the upper eyelid. There are several different variations of this fold. An epicanthoplasty is a surgical procedure performed to change the shape of the epicanthal fold. This procedure is usually performed in conjunction with the Asian double eyelid surgery.
This procedure increases the overall length of the eye, and creates the appearance of a more open eye.

milk~

Korean plastic surgeon

Post by milk~ » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 1:22 am

kalyn wrote:Dear all. I've finally done the surgery yesterday morning 10am with Dr Park!

I had
(i) zygoma reduction
(ii) lower blehpharoplasty
(iii) botox injection on lower jaws

Now, I'm bandaged in a really tight headband, it's so uncomfortable and I can't wait to change it to a lighter one tomorrow. I'm also puffed up like a hamster, praying for my face to deswell

Owell, anyhow, I wont know the results yet as it's only day 2! Here's the breakdown of the pain level:

Zygoma reduction: 2/10 (no pain during surgery as it was on general anesthesia, the only uneasiness comes from not being able to chew properly for the first couple of days.)
Lower blehpharoplasty: 8/10 (it was a trauma during surgery as I was on local anesthesia for the first time. I could practically feel my muscles tearing apart in my eye sockets, and the stiching part and all was horror It was okay after surgery. Just afraid of the scars *prays*)

So! I'm staying at youngdong hotel which provides pickup service to and fro the clinic. But last night as I went back to the hotel at 9pm, Dr park sent me back personally in his car, as the hotel don't provide its pickup service after 6. So really nice of Dr Park! He's a very friendly and attentive doctor I must say.

I'm here alone and no one to talk to on my surgery during this recovery period. Just hope everything will be over soon. Anyone in seoul now, by any chance?
Hi Kalyn,

Im new here and i read that you actually went korea for the surgery.
May i know how is the result so far? And Do you have Dr Park website? Im kinda keen to do mandible reduction + genioplasty (chin augmentation) osteotomy, however i dunno which korean surgeon is good at it. =)

milk~

Post by milk~ » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 5:50 pm

mintgirl wrote:Hey guys!

I was a silent reader last year, and just a few days ago came on this site again. Just to let you know alittle about me, I'm an 18 year old girl currently studying in first year of uni. I was originally planning to get surgery done in the Christmas holidays of 2007, but now am thinking of doing at the end of this year. Atm, I'm thinking of getting double eyelid surgery (I have one double eyelid and one single, so it's lopsided lol -_-), epi, a nose job (I've actually emailed and corresponded with dr chuang last year and he told me my bridge was quite high for an asn). However after getting my corrective jaw surgery done to fix my underbite and stop the clicking of my jaws (T_T), my bridge has kinda....become flatter T_T (but my nose is not pointy and pretty like angelababy's. It's kind of sad cos my mum has a REALLY nice nose, and my dad has REALLY nice eyes, yet I did not get those genes.
Anyway, apart from those surgeries lol (I'm going to become plastic fantastic xD) I'm thinking of getting a boob job (this is really really necessary, I'm COMPLETELY flat -_- it's seriously affecting majorly on my self esteem) and I'm also wanting to get jaw shaving done (I'm ambivalent about this, cos my jaw is really square, but I know it's a big operation, post operation will be torture and the cost is also high =/)

So I finally get to the main point of my post, I see lots of raves about dr chuang, I'm thinking of getting a boob job there and perhaps my eyelid and epi surgery done there, but for nose....

so many choices!! Do you think I should go to
Dr Chuang, Dr Hsu, Dr Chang, Dr Gao or Dr Tseng?

Who has the most skill, has the best service, etc? I don't really mind about the price, though of course if prices can be lower, that'll be great.

My aunt says I should just get it done in china, in the xmas hols when I'm there, but I'm kinda iffy about it, cos I know this is surgery, and my face, I DO NOT want to screw it up. The good thing is she has done surgery too, and she knows ALOT of ppl (connections, so she'll find me a good doctor)

but still....

Money is no big deal, but if there's problems, I have to deal with pain and waste alot of time.

Hi Mintgirl,

understand that you are keen in doing the jaw surgery, have you done it yet and from which surgeon? Im also in need to get my jaw and chin done. I have reely squarish jaw and a short chin however i dunno which surgeon is good as it is a major surgery i dun want to screw it up. Can you advise me on which doctors is good at it? =)

milk~

Post by milk~ » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 3:09 am

Hi dimensionspectrum,

Did you change your face shape already? Read from your post that Dr Hsu was advising you to do your face shape first. so may i know does Dr Hsu do jawline reducing surgery as well? =)
dimensionspectrum wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
FlyingMice wrote:im intending of doing my rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu at mid of this year. Im looking for accompany. Please pm me if any of you are interested. =)
frankly speaking, i have yet to see any photos of nice nose job by dr hsu even from those on his website. however must be fair to dr hsu as i did not see any photos from this forum's forumer.

his plus point maybe will be using natural own bone for implant rather than silicone or goretex. however i have not see a very nice nose thou some of his nose jobs are more naturals but cant see the difference.
some may like it some not. i would suggest u think twice b4 going.
Hi tanjhj,

You are right to say that his work is very natural, but FG TW always praise him for his works..wierd right?

Im just thinking it could be wad those patients wanted? Or they didnt tell him properly wad they wanted. Or they prefer natural noses in Taiwan.
Expectations always differ from places to places; or rather people to people.

I read fr the FG forum in TW that they DONT bring pics or wadsoever b4 they go for surgeries..even for face bone surgeries..i was soooo surprised!
They simply leave it to the doctors!

Although i havent went to him, but i have been sending the noses i want to him.. :P
I told him i dun need something too natural, and when i persisted, he told me he can do something close to it..but cant use ear cartilage..have to use rib. He told me to use ear cartilage at first.

There are many reasons why he doesnt want to use ribs as 1st choice..
1stly is 1 more scar, then it's the healing process at the rib area...

Thus from my exchanges of email with him, i feel communication is very important...

Flying mice,
you might want to confirm with Dr Hsu if he can give u wad he wants?

But Dr Hsu is really a doctor who cares more for the patient than earning money..if not he wouldnt keep telling me to do my face shape 1st then nose..haahha..then i got La Vie En Rose to check with him for me why he dont want to do my nose 1st, then he told her he finds my nose ok n hopes i can change my mind aft shaving my face..then i dont have to go under the knife twice! He says that once my face is smaller, my nose would look more defined and i might change my mind!

And he commented my face is bigger than usual people, & nose is in harmony with the face shape as well...if i change the face shape too much then the nose he gave me might not be a good fit.

How nice is that?

It's just my 2 cents worth of sharing!

mylovemyway

Post by mylovemyway » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 6:55 am

hello84,

i remember you said you had a silicone implant for 2 years and you had to take it out because it extruded. was it an I or L shaped implant?

when you took out the implant, was your nose back to the way it was before or did it look different? did you have a swollen nose after taking the implant out?

i'm thinking about taking my I shaped silicone implant out but i'm scared that my nose will look weird and not the way it was before. i had tip work with the implant, so im afraid if i take the implant out the lower bridge wont match the augmented tip.

milk~

Re: Decide to go to South Korea for PS in Jan 2008

Post by milk~ » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 12:05 am

Hi tobeauty2007,

Im keen in doing the face contouring as well, have you done yours? do you mind sharing on which clinic did you went to and how is the result and cost? =)

tobeauty2007 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and I decide to go to South Korea for a nose job and a face contouring and maybe a lipo on inner and outer thigh. I have consulted with BK, but I am still looking for more choices. I have a few clinic in my mind they include BK, Grand, Cinderalla, I have heard of Jelim (But I can't read Korean, so I can't read their website) etc. I heard of Dr. Jung who specializes in nose, but I can't find his web site. Does Dr. Jung only do nose, does he do face contouring too? Please give me some suggestions on PS.

I am a Chinese, so I am kind of scare to go to Korea alone, since I can't read and speak Korean and I never been to Korea before. I want to know if anyone would like to go to Korea with me for PS in Jan.

Beauty