Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ireneapplebe

Hi When is the next interview?

Post by ireneapplebe » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:00 pm

Hi I'm 22 years old and married got one son.
Further, I'm Korean and PR here.

Can I go for walk-in interview? and when is next walk-in interview?

Thank you very much!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hi When is the next interview?

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:22 pm

ireneapplebe wrote:Hi I'm 22 years old and married got one son.
Further, I'm Korean and PR here.

Can I go for walk-in interview? and when is next walk-in interview?

Thank you very much!
you may log onto
www.singaporeair.com
for further notice of their recuritments. :)
Flutterby Flutterby

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:24 pm

deja wrote: thx u for the blessing! :)
congrats to you too! You were like my silent motivation yesterday when i anxiously kept on wondering how far i could go in this first-attempt of mine.

too bad my round 4 interview is tentatively postponded now as i can't make it for the next scheduled interview day on tuesday.

:wink:
how come ? are you able to push ur management interview then ?
Flutterby Flutterby

ilynnew

Post by ilynnew » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:01 pm

Heys! i was in the same grp as you! (:
& thanks for all the tips you gave throughout the different rounds (:(:

mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:30 pm

Hi Iynnnew > Ah... trust me, I felt like a mother hen among you young ones but am glad to help anytime =) What were you wearing? So none of the girls after me made it though management round?

ilynnew

Post by ilynnew » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:35 pm

LOL! :)
i was the one in all black that kept coughing. =x
nope all of us didnt get it. we were the last batch to be interviewed for ystd.

deja

Post by deja » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:35 pm

mintia wrote:
Deja> hey, if you were in my group, how come you didn't manage to get your interview?! It was too late for you? The ex-EK was in blue with LV bag and long hair... I'm the one in the blue/Grey printed dress. Well, it might be a blessing in disguise that you didn't get it on Sunday - as they sure were not in a generous mood!

Wow - when I left with the young girl and ex-EK girl, there were like 6 girls left waiting for interview... and they ALL didn't make it? That makes the number of people who passed on Sunday about 10 I think...

Still wondering why I failed - no way to ever find out eh? *wish I had someone working inside the administrative side of SIA now*
I guess you were among the group attending the interview at room A (the one closer to the entrance)? coz I remember seeing that 'ms young girl' sitting at that side.

Do you remember seeing the last group, 3 girls and 1 guy, come in who had a little happening about who to stay and queue for the interview and who to leave for the interview at STC on another day? I was in that group. blue/grey printed dress? :roll: can't exactly recall who wore what since there were quite a handful of you there. hee... and ya, few of us waited but were eventually asked to leave, because the interviewers took quite long to interview each of the rest ahead of us and apparently they ran out of time.

urm... ya, no one else made it through after the ex-ek girl. However, quite a no. of ppl were scheduled to continue with the round 4 interview tmr due to time constraint. wish them luck!

deja

Post by deja » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:43 pm

ilynnew wrote:
mintia wrote:
Hi Iynnnew > Ah... trust me, I felt like a mother hen among you young ones but am glad to help anytime =) What were you wearing? So none of the girls after me made it though management round?
oh! I believe that I know who you are 8-) you were not in heels, were you?

deja

Post by deja » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:50 pm

liquidator_of_love wrote:Hi everyone,

i have scanned through some of the questions posted on this topic and thought i might try to answer some of them. First of all, congrats to all the ladies and guys out there who got in from yesterday's interview. Maybe I will be seeing you at the pre-employment briefing this thursday. This is my very first time trying out for the SIA interview:

In my intro: I tried my best to sound confident (and i really don't remember sounding or acting submissive, but hey who knows). I was the only one who got in (much to my surprise) because I thought there were some really great intros in my group. I think they are looking for someone with a memorable speech, and confidence. Slim girls they will sieve out later in the kebaya round.

Kebaya: 6 out of 10 in my group got in. Mostly slim girls with good complexion here. I think they don't want someone who looks too ah lian too.

HR interview: very high success rate here! 5 out of the 6 got in. they will ask some simple questions and even ask you to read a passage!

management interview: i am not sure of success rate here. 2 of my girlfriends in my group had to postpone their interviews. Seems that the first 2 who went in before me did not get in because I did not see their names on the pre-employment briefing list. Another girl was after me. From what I saw on the list, 3 guy names, I was the first stewardess to be signed on.

Mainly in this interview, there were two interviewers, asking me some really tough questions. But I am pretty well trained for interviews, given that in my current job I went through an intensive one. He was asking me things like why do you want to quit your job, we can't pay you as well as your current job, will you regret it, stuff along those lines. Think I heard that he is the SVP of Cabin Crew and he is very very selective because he only wants the best.

Hoped that answered some of your questions. For those who did not get through, please don't be disheartened. Do ask me if you need tips. I will try my best to help.

Deja, were we in the management round together? i was in one of the earliest batch.
oh, I am so going to awkwardly ask the same qn again: were you the one in blue carrying a LV bag aka the ex-EK girl? (hahaha.... it really sounds like I'm a secret admirer falling for her at first sight and now try to track her down. lol)

I wasn't in a very early batch in round 1 though I reached at 9.30am. I was led to the lounge for round 4 interview only at ~4pm and apparently I was in the second last group to complete first 3 rounds within the day and the last group to stay and wait for the round 4 interview. Had we met? possibly, but seems unlikely. :wink:

mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:56 pm

deja wrote:
mintia wrote:
Deja> hey, if you were in my group, how come you didn't manage to get your interview?! It was too late for you? The ex-EK was in blue with LV bag and long hair... I'm the one in the blue/Grey printed dress. Well, it might be a blessing in disguise that you didn't get it on Sunday - as they sure were not in a generous mood!

Wow - when I left with the young girl and ex-EK girl, there were like 6 girls left waiting for interview... and they ALL didn't make it? That makes the number of people who passed on Sunday about 10 I think...

Still wondering why I failed - no way to ever find out eh? *wish I had someone working inside the administrative side of SIA now*
I guess you were among the group attending the interview at room A (the one closer to the entrance)? coz I remember seeing that 'ms young girl' sitting at that side.

Do you remember seeing the last group, 3 girls and 1 guy, come in who had a little happening about who to stay and queue for the interview and who to leave for the interview at STC on another day? I was in that group. blue/grey printed dress? :roll: can't exactly recall who wore what since there were quite a handful of you there. hee... and ya, few of us waited but were eventually asked to leave, because the interviewers took quite long to interview each of the rest ahead of us and apparently they ran out of time.

urm... ya, no one else made it through after the ex-ek girl. However, quite a no. of ppl were scheduled to continue with the round 4 interview tmr due to time constraint. wish them luck!
I was not with the little young one - she was with ex-EK. I was at the other room nearer the registry table, first seat waiting to get slaughtered. Ahh.. I recall your group - there was a girl with nice hair and a nice grey dress.. is that you? =P

Hope to hear more good news after the management round tomorrow!

ilynnew

Post by ilynnew » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:04 pm

deja wrote:
ilynnew wrote:
mintia wrote:
oh! I believe that I know who you are 8-) you were not in heels, were you?
hahas! yeah i was the one not wearing heels! :)
& good luck for yr management interview!!

deja

Post by deja » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:10 pm

mintia wrote: I was not with the little young one - she was with ex-EK. I was at the other room nearer the registry table, first seat waiting to get slaughtered. Ahh.. I recall your group - there was a girl with nice hair and a nice grey dress.. is that you? =P

Hope to hear more good news after the management round tomorrow!
oh. you are pretty tall and above shoulder length straight cut hair? hahaha... slaughtered... everyone walking out of the room grumbling that the interviewers had black face though they did smile. were they that "intimidating"?

at a split second, I was so delighted to read 'nice hair', but the 'grey dress' puts off the smile. :oops: lol... coz no, that wasn't me. in fact i was in pants.

ya ya, a girl in my group is going tmr. so excited for her!

deja

Post by deja » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:15 pm

ilynnew wrote: hahas! yeah i was the one not wearing heels! :)
& good luck for yr management interview!!
:) it is not an easy but interesting attempt to match face to name, and I have just managed to score 1 mark.

thx u very much.
you can take a good break, recharge yourself and try again after the month of dec. you were so close!

liquidator_of_love

Post by liquidator_of_love » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:27 pm

yellowpig: i am 22 years old, and actually the age range for my group was 20-26, thought most were 20 (grad from poly) or 22 (finishing uni).

jus rei: i was from group 10, were you in the same group as well?
juz_rei wrote:Hi liquidator_of_love,

Just to check with you .. which group are you from in the frist round?
Group 1 / 2?

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:40 pm

HI liquidator_of_love

have any idea if any one before you made it through?