Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:27 pm

ukorientalgirl wrote:moonlight_pmdct,

I think the eyelashes need trimming about every 2 weeks or so. I can't remember how much he quoted me....will have a look at my emails later..

I was wondering, how are you guys paying for your surgeries? Can you pay by card or does it have to be cash upfront? I very much doubt my credit cards would work in Taiwan and I dont think I would be too comfortable bringing a wad of cash with me.....

x
I can't speak for all, but most doctors will ask for cash. You can either prepare it in advance or you can do withdrawals from atm while in Taiwan. But you can use your credit card in Taiwan in places that have credit facilities... I mean visa and mastercards works around the world right? As long as the establishment accepts those cards in the first place, I don't see why not. The doctors don't just because they are doing a cash based business.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:12 am

I think the eyelashes need trimming about every 2 weeks or so. I can't remember how much he quoted me....will have a look at my emails later..

I was wondering, how are you guys paying for your surgeries? Can you pay by card or does it have to be cash upfront? I very much doubt my credit cards would work in Taiwan and I dont think I would be too comfortable bringing a wad of cash with me.....

x
I paid Dr Jong in cash but you can pay by credit cards too.

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:31 am

Pinkyice wrote:

x
What procedure did you have done? Do you know if he speaks english? I've been emailing him and he replies well in english but I remember someone saying his spoken isnt too good....

thank you

x

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:47 am

feline.eyes wrote:

x
I can't speak for all, but most doctors will ask for cash. You can either prepare it in advance or you can do withdrawals from atm while in Taiwan. But you can use your credit card in Taiwan in places that have credit facilities... I mean visa and mastercards works around the world right? As long as the establishment accepts those cards in the first place, I don't see why not. The doctors don't just because they are doing a cash based business.
Thanks for the reply. Will probably prepare it in advance just in case, I dont think my card would work abroad but will have to check with my bank first

x

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:02 am

cersepn wrote:Honestly, you go with which one should get quite good results also. For what it's worth, dr su does ONLY eyes, nothing else. That should tell you something about her experience doing eyes, whereas dr chuang does all sorts of procedure. I'm not saying dr chuang is not good; it's just that dr su should be more adept in eyes. But with that said, both docs are good so your results will be good regardless of which doc you go to.

Anyway you have to remember something. In most PS websites, not only tw, the before and after pics they have there is really not a good representation of the 'average' results - i'm at least 80-90% sure that there are much much better results.

Someone before you had her eyes done with dr su, i think? Within 2 weeks, she looks fantastic already. You might wanna look in the previous pages to see if her photo's still there. There's a few methods the tw surgeons use, one of which is the mini 3 point incision, which lets the eyes heal very fast. You can read more about that in dr chuang's website

Cersepn,
Thank you for your reply. It helps me think a lot. I really would like to do my eyes this time, but I just have too little time (2 weeks) and afraid that it's still swollen by the time I have to get back to work/school.

Have you done your eyes?

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:06 am

feline.eyes wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:hi everyone,

I'm having a debate on my mind as to which doc is good for double eyelid surgery (this is gonna be my primary). These are my two current choices: Dr. Su and Dr. Chuang. Please give me your opinions on who is better for my case. I heard that Dr. Su is one of the top eye surgeon, but why is that? What are the reasons that make her the top surgeon?

I look at the pics on both websites (Dr. Su and Dr. Chuang's), I don't see much difference. Can someone point this out to me?

For those who have done the surgery, how many days exactly for the swelling to be gone?

Has anyone done the double eyelid with Dr. Kao before?

Thank you for your inputs. I would really appreciate it. I'm kinda having a struggle right now.
I think it is in terms of feedback. Most of Dr Su's patients have great things to say about her and are very happy about the results.

p.s. Above said refers to the feedbacks gathered from the Taiwanese, not this forum's. Anyone who have read this thread will notice, no one here has actually gone to Dr Su yet (actual procedure). In Taiwan, some of the more famous blepharoplasty surgeons are Dr Su, Dr Yang (Artwood) and Dr Yang (Hi Pretty). Dr Chuang is a mammoplasty expert.
Feline,
If I'm not mistaken, you have your eyes done by Dr. Chuang right??
Why did you choose Dr. Chuang over Dr. Su?
Also, because of my time limitation, i'm also looking into stitch method. In your opinion, what do you think about the stitch method?

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:10 am

x
Thanks ukorientalgirl.

About payment, I'm thinking cash. I wonder if there is a fee when you use your credit card in Taiwan?

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:19 pm

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Feline,
If I'm not mistaken, you have your eyes done by Dr. Chuang right??
Why did you choose Dr. Chuang over Dr. Su?
Also, because of my time limitation, i'm also looking into stitch method. In your opinion, what do you think about the stitch method?
Dr Su only does primary; mine is revisional.

After reading and knowing (and experiencing) a lot more about blepharoplasty, in my opinion, any type of stitching method is dumb looking and a poor choice... It does not emulate natural looking creases and may "fade" over time.

Pros:
-shorter down time
-less scarring

Cons:
-may disappear over the years as tissue and sutures weaken
-unnatural looking folds (the fold is permanent and does not emulate natural looking creases which disappear when you close your eyes)
-may complicate future revisional work because of the suture placement

So if you are looking into a shorter down time, I think mini incisional is a much, much better choice then the 3 point suture method. You get the full works of fats removal and rearrangement for natural looking creases. As for possible recovery in two weeks? Only your body knows...

Virtual erratum (hahaha...):
feline.eyes wrote: Anyone who have read this thread will notice, no one here has actually gone to Dr Su yet (actual procedure).
cersepn wrote:Someone before you had her eyes done with dr su, i think? Within 2 weeks, she looks fantastic already. You might wanna look in the previous pages to see if her photo's still there. There's a few methods the tw surgeons use, one of which is the mini 3 point incision, which lets the eyes heal very fast. You can read more about that in dr chuang's website
Sorry that I missed the Dr Su review.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

unheardof

Post by unheardof » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:57 pm

hey mikko_baby80

i was there for 17days. Spent 1st 8 days touring around and the remaining days were for me to recoup before returning to SG. I did not totally recover, came back to SG and rest for another few days before returning to work today.

Just to update all a little.

I was like an exhibit today, with everyone staring at me, and everyone started guessing what went wrong. Some said I removed my braces ( i actually removed them last Oct :???: ), some said I was wearing new specs, and some were just mumbling away, trying to figure out what is wrong. I had hundreds of emails to clear, tons of work to do but I just cant focus with eyes staring at me. I thought facing my colleagues requires more courage than the courage required to be in that operating theatre. I then decided to tell them abt it and now i felt much better.

My swell did reduce every single day and i start to get compliments but trust me, there will be comments which you wish you'll never hear too. However, I have great confidence in Dr Kao, I think in another few months time, i should look more refined.

Just to share a bit more with you. I did not bring any sample pictures with me but he insisted i should show him some samples to fully understand my expectation. We had the final discussion on the operating bed before i was knocked out by the anesthesia. you might want to do some research and understand your face stucture before you share your thoughts and discuss it with Dr Kao.

Anyway, here's my before and after for your reference.
ImageImage
mikko_baby80 wrote:hihi unheardof! it's nice to hear tat ya bck in sg. i gotta agree tat being alone in a foreign country is no joke but so nice tat u hv relatives staying there! how long did u stay at TW? its gd to noe tat dr kao is a gd doc, i've seen a lot of ppl saying tat too. it makes me even more determined to go to him especially after seeing appletree's pic! dun care abt wat other ppl say ya.. juz keep telling urself few mths down the road u will be a da mei ren!! :D hope u hv a speedy recovery & take care ya.. looking forward to see ur pic if ya willing to share~ :wink:
[/img]

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:18 am

ukorientalgirl wrote:
Pinkyice wrote:

x
What procedure did you have done? Do you know if he speaks english? I've been emailing him and he replies well in english but I remember someone saying his spoken isnt too good....

thank you

x
I had revision double eyelid surgery + epi.
We emailed each other in English but spoke Mandarin when we met so I don't know if his spoken English is good.
But his nurse told me he studied in the states before so his English should be okay.

babyangel
Regular
Regular

rhinoplasty

Post by babyangel » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 3:35 am

unheardof wrote:hey mikko_baby80

i was there for 17days. Spent 1st 8 days touring around and the remaining days were for me to recoup before returning to SG. I did not totally recover, came back to SG and rest for another few days before returning to work today.

I was like an exhibit today, with everyone staring at me, and everyone started guessing what went wrong. Some said I removed my braces ( i actually removed them last Oct :???: ), some said I was wearing new specs, and some were just mumbling away, trying to figure out what is wrong. I had hundreds of emails to clear, tons of work to do but I just cant focus with eyes staring at me. I thought facing my colleagues requires more courage than the courage required to be in that operating theatre. I then decided to tell them abt it and now i felt much better.

My swell did reduce every single day and i start to get compliments but trust me, there will be comments which you wish you'll never hear too. However, I have great confidence in Dr Kao, I think in another few months time, i should look more refined.

Just to share a bit more with you. I did not bring any sample pictures with me but he insisted i should show him some samples to fully understand my expectation. We had the final discussion on the operating bed before i was knocked out by the anesthesia. you might want to do some research and understand your face stucture before you share your thoughts and discuss it with Dr Kao.

ImageImage
mikko_baby80 wrote:hihi unheardof! it's nice to hear tat ya bck in sg. i gotta agree tat being alone in a foreign country is no joke but so nice tat u hv relatives staying there! how long did u stay at TW? its gd to noe tat dr kao is a gd doc, i've seen a lot of ppl saying tat too. it makes me even more determined to go to him especially after seeing appletree's pic! dun care abt wat other ppl say ya.. juz keep telling urself few mths down the road u will be a da mei ren!! :D hope u hv a speedy recovery & take care ya.. looking forward to see ur pic if ya willing to share~ :wink:
[/img]

Hi unheardof,

your nose looks nicer n better after the surgery! It is longer and has better n more refined shape. I suppose you did rib cartilage, how much did you pay?

cheers. :)

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 1:19 pm

There's still some residual swelling at the tip.. but for 17 days post op, it's very nice. The tip's gonna go down even more over the next few months, then it'll look reaaally good. Good results! :D

aneles
Regular
Regular

Post by aneles » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 3:46 pm

ImageImage
unheardof, thanks for sharing your feedback & your pics - dr kao did an amazing job for your nose (looks like you used to have chao tian pi nose?). congrats!!! :D

I agree with you that it takes courage to go for nose surgery & it takes more courage to face the people ard you afterwards. Good for you that you decided to be open abt your nose surgery!

Heal well! :D

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 5:04 pm

Hi unheardof,

your new nose looks great! I like your nose tip and its more lowered than mine, nice! Just wondering how come your nose doesnt look so swelling as compared to mine. hehe. Are u taking any de swelling medicine now and did u do rib or ear cartilage autology?
Mine is 19th post-op day but still looks swollen and tall still..im still waiting patiently, really patient.. im still taking bromelain and zinc tablets everyday hoping that it will deswell faster.

Thanks for sharing and speedy recovery to you, happy healing! :)

ImageImage
[/img]

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 7:41 pm

appletree wrote:Hi unheardof,

your new nose looks great! I like your nose tip and its more lowered than mine, nice! Just wondering how come your nose doesnt look so swelling as compared to mine. hehe. Are u taking any de swelling medicine now and did u do rib or ear cartilage autology?
Mine is 19th post-op day but still looks swollen and tall still..im still waiting patiently, really patient.. im still taking bromelain and zinc tablets everyday hoping that it will deswell faster.

Thanks for sharing and speedy recovery to you, happy healing! :)
Haha.. it looks like dr kao did a different nose for her. Yours is more sharp. It might have something to do with the fact that unheardof didn't really specify what she wanted; dr kao might have erred on the side of caution to give her a nice, but more conservative nose.