Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yuanz

Re: pls advice

Post by yuanz » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:57 am

M wrote:
leeyannyng wrote:i realise i do not have passport photo which is required to attached tgt with the application form. is it ok not to attach the photo and only give them the photo another time? e.g the management round (which will be conducting on another day right)?
jlayl wrote:okayy ppl I just realised I cannot find my birtth cert!
Its no where to be found!

But I have lots of the photocopies of it.

how??? :shock:
Ladies, why aren't you getting the necessary documents ready for the interview way ahead of the actual day instead of panicking now? :???: :???: :???:

There is something called the Instant Passport Photo Booth? :shock: :shock: :shock:
hey its not absolutely necessary if u really dont have a photo ready, you'll still be allowed to register as long as u pass the academic qualification and height measurement. though the photo itself shows how much u prepared urself for it. gd luck!

drumx

Post by drumx » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:22 am

I am back!
Wow, the queue is long for the ladies.
Guys got cleared quite fast.

Anyway, I was in the group 3 guys.
Only 3 made thru 1st round, I wasn't one of them.
Very competitive as most of them made remarkable introduction of themselves. Kinda looked out for the outstanding ones.

For those still not there yet. Good Luck!! You can do it!! :wink:

az

Post by az » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:32 am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by az on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blushred

Post by blushred » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:52 am

i was in group 2..... only 1 guy from my group made it through!!

so many ppl turned up today.. amazing... theres gonna be ALOT of disappointed faces...

drumx

Post by drumx » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:53 am

kinda puzzling at times. luck sometimes plays an important factor.

Try again next time, if there is another opportunity.
There was a guy who was in my group, he made it to final management on the last walk in. He too didn't make it for this round 1.

drumx

Post by drumx » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:59 am

blushred wrote:i was in group 2..... only 1 guy from my group made it through!!

so many ppl turned up today.. amazing... theres gonna be ALOT of disappointed faces...
I guess the introduction weren't outstanding enough?
I see my group, the guys did quite an impressive introduction.

So I guess that's that bah. Try again next time.

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:14 am

az wrote:i did not get thru too, although i was qutie irritated by their choice. 4 made it thru. I thot 1 DID NOT deserve cos she was not good! she even used singlish u know..and wore jeans..i mean come on..

i think this time, they really go for slim girls. when i was talking i noticed the lady looking me up and down. granted, i am more fleshhier la, but i was soooo irritated witht heir choice...

another girl that went thru was there just for fun, i was talking to her b4 we went in..can u imagine how lousy i feel when these kind of ppl get thru?? another that got in was super skinny and wore bloody thick make up.

what does SIA want man???

and i thot another girl should have goe thru cos she was so confident but she did not make it..really i am surprised by their choices just now...

I share your sentiments. Their selections are really puzzling. There are pple who i thought would get thru but didnt. Not sure what are they looking for. Weird

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:01 pm

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:32 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i did not get thru too, although i was qutie irritated by their choice. 4 made it thru. I thot 1 DID NOT deserve cos she was not good! she even used singlish u know..and wore jeans..i mean come on..

i think this time, they really go for slim girls. when i was talking i noticed the lady looking me up and down. granted, i am more fleshhier la, but i was soooo irritated witht heir choice...

another girl that went thru was there just for fun, i was talking to her b4 we went in..can u imagine how lousy i feel when these kind of ppl get thru?? another that got in was super skinny and wore bloody thick make up.

and i thot another girl should have goe thru cos she was so confident but she did not make it..really i am surprised by their choices just now...
which group was dat... ? are u the one wit the degree?
..if you could only read my mind..

Mighty Mouse

Post by Mighty Mouse » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:01 pm

i was in grp 2 .. only 1 out of 10 get into second round.. :(
he make a good self intro plus think e reason why he got in bcos he is the only one who can speak foreign language.. :-|

wonder how did the other group do.. how many get thru in your group?..

az

Post by az » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:04 pm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by az on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drumx

Post by drumx » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:04 pm

Mighty Mouse wrote:i was in grp 2 .. only 1 out of 10 get into second round.. :(
he make a good self intro plus think e reason why he got in bcos he is the only one who can speak foreign language.. :-|

Thats true. One of the guys in my group mentioned that he has been learning french for a while. He got thru to round 2.

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:15 pm

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

viewfromthetop wrote:
Quote:
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:32 am Post subject:

i did not get thru too, although i was qutie irritated by their choice. 4 made it thru. I thot 1 DID NOT deserve cos she was not good! she even used singlish u know..and wore jeans..i mean come on..

which group was dat... ? are u the one wit the degree?

i have no idea which grp i was in, they did not say.....but i was in the first few to be called...
i didnt find out my grp no also..but one of the first few grps..is there a girl named Hui Ting in ur group?n where did ur grp have to sit while waiting for the results after going out of the first round..?

i just realised im askin so many qns at the same time... haha.. sorry.. juz wanna see whether our paths crossed during the interview juz now..lol
i met some forum-ers juz now...
..if you could only read my mind..

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:24 pm

drumx wrote:
Mighty Mouse wrote:i was in grp 2 .. only 1 out of 10 get into second round.. :(

Thats true. One of the guys in my group mentioned that he has been learning french for a while. He got thru to round 2.
haha. the french speaker happens to be me. and no i didnt clear the first round. it's quite discouraging actually. sigh. but hey! i didnt know you frequent this forum too! so qiao.

diversify

Post by diversify » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:25 pm

drumx wrote:

Not true, he didn't get through... The ones who got through didn't mention anything about foreign language...

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:26 pm

diversify wrote:
drumx wrote:

Not true, he didn't get through... The ones who got through didn't mention anything about foreign language...
you were from group 3 as well?