Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
queries

Re: HELP!

Post by queries » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 4:00 pm

aadvark wrote:
queries wrote:Hi, I am new here.

I am thinking of doing rhinoplasty at bangkok hospital in feb next year.

Any advice or recommendations? Are there other hospitals which are better than bangkok hospital? Or does any of you know which are the better doctors for this procedure in bangkok hospital?

Thanks.
what's bangkok hospital?
hmm... bangkok hospital: http://www.bangkokhospital.com/

I have emailed a few doctors from there:
Jaturong
Sorawut
Pichit
Worawat
Chalermpong

I have also emailed 2 doctors from yanhee:
Sukit
Somsak

Are they of any good?

Please advise, because I really have no idea how to go about doing this...

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 4:23 pm

Ok, once and for all. Here's a sum-up of what I have done, whether I am pleased or whatever.

Overall rating of TK : 8/10

I will separate my work onto the mid-face and lower-face since I have done no work on upper third.

A. Midface

a) Nose job - rhino, tip, alar. ( rating 8.5/10)

Overall the nose is nice, and friends like it alot. But i feel my nose is abit too low at the bridge part. My tip has become much sharper. Its very sharp. However at days it does appear blunter I think cos of unresolved swelling. Am looking forward to improvement in tip sharpness in time to come. By feel, it is very sharp. I think in photos you can judge also. Not bad judging its an I-shaped implant. For the low price, I am very satisfied with result. THere are two problems 1) not too high bridge as I desired ( but nvm, fine ) its alrady high and 2) alar scars - which were lasered by doc free of charge, and now they much better. 3) dorsum can move - in silicone implants ur upper third of the nose can move i believe but there are ways to fixate it if im not wrong. but it bounces back to position once u let go of ur finger. the plus is that u can literall adjust your nose.

B. Lower face

b) Lip lift ( 5/10 )

While initialy my lips are much higher, subsequently there is drooping and my lips are not so much higher. He aimed for 4mm increase in height, I think I got only 2 mm or so. Usually what is aimed is not what you get. He should have removed more tissue. The plus side is that the scarring is getting much better and not painful already.

c) Lip reduction ( 8/10 )

My lips were reduced both of them. For those wanting super reduction I strongly recommend. They are roughly symmetrical now. But my lower lips are left with indentation at the part of the incision. But the person I feel didnt feel it and enjoyed kissing me. I guess its not obvious. There is no pain, loss of sensation or whatever.

d) Chin implant ( 7/10 )

Even tho we agreed on 5 mm, he did a 7mm increase for me in surgery. I think that its abit too long, though friends think otherwise. As I have nt reali met pple in real life yet, I cant comment. its abit abit too long for me. But in photos. i think there is good improvement. weird that photos n real life are different levels of improvement. my side profile improve, but i think that its abit too project, tho everyone think its okay projection and good work. i feel that with deswelling we can judge the effect better. its just day 7. i will rate again after done. My features are in better harmony now in photos. in real life, yes also. but after i got the hair cut, i look damn weird sia. >.< as such, no posting until my hair grows back and i am de-swelled! :D Rgd chin implant I think he did a shortcut and gave me running stitch ( 2 ends stitch instead of the whole line stitch ) instead of normal stitch so more risk of scarring. sighs. its extra-oral incision.

e) Botox 90 units ( 10/10 )
for a cheap price, professional administration, compared to sg, i think u can consider if u want the sunken look. i wnated the sunken look and now i regret it, and have tried to put on weight in order to reduce the sunkenness of my cheeks. hope that helps.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

justewayiam

Post by justewayiam » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 5:47 pm

boii18 wrote:Ok, once and for all. Here's a sum-up of what I have done, whether I am pleased or whatever.

I will separate my work onto the mid-face and lower-face since I have done no work on upper third.

A. Midface

Overall the nose is nice, and friends like it alot. But i feel my nose is abit too low at the bridge part. My tip has become much sharper. Its very sharp. However at days it does appear blunter I think cos of unresolved swelling. Am looking forward to improvement in tip sharpness in time to come. By feel, it is very sharp. I think in photos you can judge also. Not bad judging its an I-shaped implant. For the low price, I am very satisfied with result. THere are two problems 1) not too high bridge as I desired ( but nvm, fine ) its alrady high and 2) alar scars - which were lasered by doc free of charge, and now they much better. 3) dorsum can move - in silicone implants ur upper third of the nose can move i believe but there are ways to fixate it if im not wrong. but it bounces back to position once u let go of ur finger. the plus is that u can literall adjust your nose.

B. Lower face

b) Lip lift ( 5/10 )

While initialy my lips are much higher, subsequently there is drooping and my lips are not so much higher. He aimed for 4mm increase in height, I think I got only 2 mm or so. Usually what is aimed is not what you get. He should have removed more tissue. The plus side is that the scarring is getting much better and not painful already.

My lips were reduced both of them. For those wanting super reduction I strongly recommend. They are roughly symmetrical now. But my lower lips are left with indentation at the part of the incision. But the person I feel didnt feel it and enjoyed kissing me. I guess its not obvious. There is no pain, loss of sensation or whatever.

d) Chin implant ( 7/10 )

Even tho we agreed on 5 mm, he did a 7mm increase for me in surgery. I think that its abit too long, though friends think otherwise. As I have nt reali met pple in real life yet, I cant comment. its abit abit too long for me. But in photos. i think there is good improvement. weird that photos n real life are different levels of improvement. my side profile improve, but i think that its abit too project, tho everyone think its okay projection and good work. i feel that with deswelling we can judge the effect better. its just day 7. i will rate again after done. My features are in better harmony now in photos. in real life, yes also. but after i got the hair cut, i look damn weird sia. >.< as such, no posting until my hair grows back and i am de-swelled! :D Rgd chin implant I think he did a shortcut and gave me running stitch ( 2 ends stitch instead of the whole line stitch ) instead of normal stitch so more risk of scarring. sighs. its extra-oral incision.

for a cheap price, professional administration, compared to sg, i think u can consider if u want the sunken look. i wnated the sunken look and now i regret it, and have tried to put on weight in order to reduce the sunkenness of my cheeks. hope that helps.
thanks for the details.

i've one query here..

i'm a very sports oriented person, i play football almost every week. in a sense, i'm very prone to injuries, even facial ones.

so, if i get a nose job done, will the frequent knocks from sports cause any problems to my new nose? let's say i get a knock on my nose..?
live once, live beautifully

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 6:33 pm

justewayiam wrote:
boii18 wrote:Ok, once and for all. Here's a sum-up of what I have done, whether I am pleased or whatever.

A. Midface

B. Lower face

b) Lip lift ( 5/10 )

d) Chin implant ( 7/10 )

thanks for the details.

i've one query here..

i'm a very sports oriented person, i play football almost every week. in a sense, i'm very prone to injuries, even facial ones.

so, if i get a nose job done, will the frequent knocks from sports cause any problems to my new nose? let's say i get a knock on my nose..?
Yes its very bad for sports. Hais. It will deviate at best, and at worst u get nerve damage to your nose. Its very serious NOT to use silicone if you play sports.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

Breeoei
Regular
Regular

Post by Breeoei » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 6:37 pm

cersepn wrote:Justewayiam: No offence, but seems like there's quite alot to be done for the nose. If you want an obvious change, i'm sad to say, thailand drs may not have the skills to make that happen. You might wanna look at the taiwan thread. Regarding dbl eyelids, you might want to check out some before and after pictures to see which style you prefer.

Breeoei: It's not specifically aimed at you lol, just a general comment. I hope you're not considering buccal fat removal. That procedure is so hyped here; aadvark might have had good results, but in an overwhelming majority of cases, it does very little to slim the face - especially if the person is fat to begin with.
cersepn I kinda agree with you about the buccal fat removal...I consulted a surgeon at gleneagles recently...he showed me some photos of his patients who had buccal fat procedure and the results aren't really that great. Yet I am willing to go through with it even if it means little improvement...the
Singapore surgeon quoted ard 4k and the bkk surgeon's fee is $1100...I wouldn't pay 4K for a job that gives me little improvement....well I am willing to fork out $1100 for that.

I am not a fat person...1.7m weighing 53kg. But the fat around my lower cheek area really bugs me.
BREE

momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 6:38 pm

For nosejob i think Dr Nara is good enough for a natural enhancement. (given his price :shock: ). Because he doesnt do tiplasty, so you will still look like yourself. People will sense some changes in your appearance, but most of them do not realise it's a nosejob done. Unless u r going for an extreme makeover, i think dr Nara is good enough.

I did rhino 6mths ago.
till date everything is perfect.
but im wondering if anyone experience the same situation as me:
1) nose n nose bridge becomes more prone to little pimple bumps.
2)nostrils, especially near the stitch area, are easily dry and sometimes itchy.

normal?
i highly doubt that it's any case of infection but i think these are some side effects of my nosejob.

Anyone did eyebag removal?
i regret not doing it altogether at one go the last time.
Now im trying to gather more info b4 deciding to do it at Dr Nara or not.
Please help ~ TIA~
never too late to change!

tottochan

Re: What did you have done?

Post by tottochan » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 8:23 pm

aadvark wrote:
tottochan wrote:
allthatjazz wrote: i did alarlasty and nose implant, total cost is 10,000 baht which is about S$400. =) i booked about 6 weeks in advance i think, but i was just being kiasu. i booked an appointment then went to book the free and easy at grassland. don't wanna book my coach and hotel then be told that Nara can't see me! also, 3 days before your appointment you need to call them again to re-confirm, otherwise your appointment will be cancelled.

Hi Allthatjazz..

Me too! I really like your nose. Its really nice and elegant. I have been following this thread for a while now and I must say I'm really tempted to go for the procedure as well especially after seeing your photos!! And at $400 a pop, its cheaper than a bag! :P

I would like to seek some advice from you though...
How many days of leave did you have to take before you were able to go back to work? Was the procedure done under merely local anesthesia.. or under General anesthesia? Was the post recovery difficult for you ? Excessive pain, bleeding etc? Anything I should take note and consider before taking the plunge?

sorry for the barrage of questions.. I'm a little nervous about the procedure. especially the post-recovery part.

Any advice will be appreciated...
Once again, great nose you got there! :)
you have to see if nara's procedure of L-implant suitable for you. It's best suited to ppl with no bridge and blunt tip. However, if you have a really bulbous tip, this may not be the best option for you, because bulbous noses need tipoplasty. it's performed under LA with sedation, so you will be unconscious during the op.

diff ppl heal at diff rates, so if u really want to be safe, i suggest 2 weeks b4 u go bk to work, if u heal faster, u can always cancel the leave :D

I am just wondering if Dr, Nara only has L-implant? I need some advice/information on the different kind of implants from you experts.... sorry if i sound a little dense here.. what do you mean by no bridge and blunt tip? how can someone has no bridge??!! :-k

BTW how long do you guys have to stay in Thailand after the surgery?
Last edited by tottochan on Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 9:22 pm

For those who are considering buccal fat removal why dont you try carole maggio facericise, the face slimmer exercise is VERY effective. It exercises the buccinator(?) toning the sides of the face. I was considering buccal fat removal but now am not so much now...... Anyway with the facial exercise the most important thing to gain results is to persist at it. Have a look on amazon for reviews on the book.

x

justewayiam

Post by justewayiam » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:45 pm

thanks for the details.

i've one query here..

Yes its very bad for sports. Hais. It will deviate at best, and at worst u get nerve damage to your nose. Its very serious NOT to use silicone if you play sports.
that's bad. so for a sports oriented person, besides silicone implant.. is there any alternative to get a nose job?
live once, live beautifully

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:01 pm

momoko wrote:For nosejob i think Dr Nara is good enough for a natural enhancement. (given his price :shock: ). Because he doesnt do tiplasty, so you will still look like yourself. People will sense some changes in your appearance, but most of them do not realise it's a nosejob done. Unless u r going for an extreme makeover, i think dr Nara is good enough.

I did rhino 6mths ago.
till date everything is perfect.
but im wondering if anyone experience the same situation as me:
1) nose n nose bridge becomes more prone to little pimple bumps.
2)nostrils, especially near the stitch area, are easily dry and sometimes itchy.

normal?
i highly doubt that it's any case of infection but i think these are some side effects of my nosejob.

Anyone did eyebag removal?
i regret not doing it altogether at one go the last time.
Now im trying to gather more info b4 deciding to do it at Dr Nara or not.
Please help ~ TIA~
after rhino, nose will be more oily for sure... prone to pimples...
but i guess it's temp, 2 yrs now from my rhino, my skin is back to normal
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:03 pm

justewayiam wrote:

thanks for the details.

i've one query here..

that's bad. so for a sports oriented person, besides silicone implant.. is there any alternative to get a nose job?
i dun play ball games, but i do normal stuff la, swimming, gymming, now learning muay thai. it has to be a pretty hard knock to actually shift it out badly. but i wld say if it's dat hard, ur normal nose wld break anyway, so just be careful, take precautions shld be fine.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:06 pm

Breeoei wrote:
cersepn wrote:Justewayiam: No offence, but seems like there's quite alot to be done for the nose. If you want an obvious change, i'm sad to say, thailand drs may not have the skills to make that happen. You might wanna look at the taiwan thread. Regarding dbl eyelids, you might want to check out some before and after pictures to see which style you prefer.

Breeoei: It's not specifically aimed at you lol, just a general comment. I hope you're not considering buccal fat removal. That procedure is so hyped here; aadvark might have had good results, but in an overwhelming majority of cases, it does very little to slim the face - especially if the person is fat to begin with.
cersepn I kinda agree with you about the buccal fat removal...I consulted a surgeon at gleneagles recently...he showed me some photos of his patients who had buccal fat procedure and the results aren't really that great. Yet I am willing to go through with it even if it means little improvement...the
Singapore surgeon quoted ard 4k and the bkk surgeon's fee is $1100...I wouldn't pay 4K for a job that gives me little improvement....well I am willing to fork out $1100 for that.

I am not a fat person...1.7m weighing 53kg. But the fat around my lower cheek area really bugs me.
haha, actually i've never commented on the results of my buccal fat pad removal, cos i did it with the jaw implants. so now the jaw implants make my face bigger so i dun even noe if the buccal fat pad was how effective. One thing for sure, a LOT of ppl have been asking about it. i revisited a lot of the the thai PS clinic sites and realised buccal fat pad removal has now appeared in their price lists, lol!

if you're slim and still have chubby cheeks, then i recommend buccal, else shld do lipo first

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:08 pm

justewayiam wrote:
oh man, if that's e case, i may settle for a less obvious result.

by the way, some days back i contacted tokai clinic and they gave a prompt reply. i asked if it's possible to achieve a nose as nice as jerry yan's. im immensely surprised at his reply, because jerry's nose and mine are definitely worlds apart, yet e dr candidly said no prob and quoted me 800usd.

any opinions on this dr pat and his ethics?
this is where i comment then. b4 going for jaw implants with tokai, i sent pix of my face and daniel wu's. ask if can achieve and he also said yes. finally went there to consult then he said our face very diff. so u shld have ur answer from my case. i dun begrudge his skills, but i wld say money ranks highly with him

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:12 pm

tottochan wrote: I am just wondering if Dr, Nara only has L-implant? I need some advice/information on the different kind of implants from you experts.... sorry if i sound a little dense here.. what do you mean by no bridge and blunt tip? how can someone has no bridge??!! :-k

And how long do you guys have to stay in Thailand after the surgery?
I HAD NO BRIDGE! what u mean how can someone have no bridge? tsk...
anyway, if u can, just post ur nose pic up here, and we can tell u whether u have bridge and tip :)

tottochan

Post by tottochan » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:15 pm

aadvark wrote:
tottochan wrote: I am just wondering if Dr, Nara only has L-implant? I need some advice/information on the different kind of implants from you experts.... sorry if i sound a little dense here.. what do you mean by no bridge and blunt tip? how can someone has no bridge??!! :-k

And how long do you guys have to stay in Thailand after the surgery?
I HAD NO BRIDGE! what u mean how can someone have no bridge? tsk...
anyway, if u can, just post ur nose pic up here, and we can tell u whether u have bridge and tip :)
sorry!!! I didn't mean to sound so insensitive :oops: ..sincere apologies... I just added some pictures to my previous post.. Thank you for being so kind and helpful!!