Singapore Expats

EMIRATES Recruitment January 2009

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:32 am

Singapore - Singapore
Reference No: CC/BB/12488

Assessment Day: 17-Jan-2009 09:00 am - 18-Jan-2009

Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency
SASS Atlantic.
Last edited by sushsmita on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:26 am

is a OPEN DAY?
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

chateau_d_liz

Post by chateau_d_liz » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:19 am

It's stated as an assessment day in the website, but I notice that nearer to the dates, they will usually update it as an Open Day, meaning that the dates will also be earlier.

sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:38 pm

yesh true true
open day is usually the first/second weekend of the mth
i dunno how far is true but i heard that it mite be on 10th...so keep ya fingers crossed hehe

samtay88

Post by samtay88 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:20 am

hi! i am new here. i would like to know more regarding emirates and what does their high school standard mean in their requirements.. am i eligible if my highest education is only N level? but went to ite for a year and has more than 2 years experience in service line.. someone pls reply me!!

thank u very much!!

eLmYrA_1984

Re: EMIRATES Recruitment January 2008

Post by eLmYrA_1984 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 7:58 am

sushsmita wrote:EMIRATES Recruitment January 2008
Singapore - Singapore

Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency
SASS Atlantic.
Anyone mind elaborating this for me?...is it a walk-in?..

sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:21 am

samtay88 wrote:hi! i am new here. i would like to know more regarding emirates and what does their high school standard mean in their requirements.. am i eligible if my highest education is only N level? but went to ite for a year and has more than 2 years experience in service line.. someone pls reply me!!

thank u very much!!
hi there \:D/
well high school standard would be equivalent to secondary school education..
from what i noe there are other forum writers who are n level holders and they got into emirates so i guess what ur holdin onto shld be ok ...
well u can always go for the open day and juz see how it goes..
if u need more clarifications, there are many Emirates threads in other pages..u can read thru and have a better understanding :)

sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:34 am

eLmYrA_1984 wrote:
Singapore - Singapore

SASS Atlantic.
:girl: This is the Assessment Day; where ppl have passed thru the walk-in have to return for other rounds...

They have yet to state the Open Day so I presume it would be normally the first/second weekend of the month.. [-o<
Nearer to the date, check the airline's website, it will state when they are conducting an open day which is OPEN to all. There is NOT NEED to register online. =D>

eLmYrA_1984

Post by eLmYrA_1984 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:32 am

sushsmita wrote:
eLmYrA_1984 wrote:
Singapore - Singapore

SASS Atlantic.
:girl: This is the Assessment Day; where ppl have passed thru the walk-in have to return for other rounds...

They have yet to state the Open Day so I presume it would be normally the first/second weekend of the month.. [-o<
Nearer to the date, check the airline's website, it will state when they are conducting an open day which is OPEN to all. There is NOT NEED to register online. =D>
Thanks for the info!!...appreciate it! :)

samtay88

Post by samtay88 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:18 pm

sushsmita wrote:
samtay88 wrote:hi! i am new here. i would like to know more regarding emirates and what does their high school standard mean in their requirements.. am i eligible if my highest education is only N level? but went to ite for a year and has more than 2 years experience in service line.. someone pls reply me!!

thank u very much!!
from what i noe there are other forum writers who are n level holders and they got into emirates so i guess what ur holdin onto shld be ok ...
if u need more clarifications, there are many Emirates threads in other pages..u can read thru and have a better understanding :)
hi sushsmita!! thank u so much for ur valued informations.. but my 21st birthday is on oct 09, i guess i have to wait till then to apply right? jus a few more questions if u don mind.. is it difficult to get in Emirates? are they strict in certain criteria like must have very good english or good skin so and so??

thank u!!

sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:29 am

samtay88 wrote:
sushsmita wrote:

thank u very much!!
hi sushsmita!! thank u so much for ur valued informations.. but my 21st birthday is on oct 09, i guess i have to wait till then to apply right? jus a few more questions if u don mind.. is it difficult to get in Emirates? are they strict in certain criteria like must have very good english or good skin so and so??

thank u!!
hey babe :wave:
age wise im unsure..cld check with sass atlantic the agency in charge..
well its not abt good english and good skin..its basically being able to represent the Emirates..being confident
so dunt worry too much...once u go for the interview, everything falls into place and juz keep trying till lady luck shines on u
sum are lucky and i wld say good that they get in the first time..but there are some who get in only after many tries...but the thing is perservere on and win them over with ur sincerity
:love:

babypig0630

Post by babypig0630 » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:17 pm

Is that first round interview at 23 Nov?
What about the process?

samtay88

Post by samtay88 » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 1:20 am

sushsmita wrote: hey babe :wave:
age wise im unsure..cld check with sass atlantic the agency in charge..
well its not abt good english and good skin..its basically being able to represent the Emirates..being confident
so dunt worry too much...once u go for the interview, everything falls into place and juz keep trying till lady luck shines on u
sum are lucky and i wld say good that they get in the first time..but there are some who get in only after many tries...but the thing is perservere on and win them over with ur sincerity
:love:

thank u so much and u reali help me build up my courage and confidence.. :D

sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 8:41 am

sushsmita wrote:Quoted from the Previous Post..

The interview was held by an agency:-

(1) Go through the 1st interview where I did not fill up any online form. Once they have selected me, they invited me to attend a briefing next day and inform us to fill up the online form.

Therefore, for that interview, I just bring along my resume, copy of my certificates, 1 full length photo, and 1 passport size photo. (Please do remember to bring your original documents and certs...just in case they need it to verify).

(2) After that, they will have another interview in different weeks where the interviewer is from overseas. During my time, they were from New Zealand and Eygt. The interview is similar with the 1st interview, group disccusion,height measurement, skin fixtures (teeth must be clean and white). But the wear is more formal with suit (for guys). Don't forget to smile as well.

(3) After the 1st interview, they will announce the result and continue for english test. Their english test has 2 portion, one is multiple choices and another one is essay writing. Thus, do allocate your time well to finish the exam. Tips...focus on multiple choices, you have to pass 32/40 and essay writing, simple will do (don't over stress). Normally they will guide you during the breifing about the interview round.

(4) After the English test, there will be 1:1 interview, where you are requested to answer the questions raised by the interviewer. They also will have personality test where to test your emotions thinking whether you are suitable to become crew.

(5) If you are successful, you will be invited to medical check up and photo shooting.

Wish you all the best.

samtay88

Post by samtay88 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:23 am

sushsmita.. may i ask is it tat ex cabin crew will have higher chances to get selected? thanks :)