Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 7:16 pm

have confidence ! :D
anyways while i was napping, this appeared in my mind.

when you speak, if you are really soft spoken, try speaking louder. and of cuz as clear as you can... you got to imagine that if the interviewer cant even hear you speak clearly, would the passengers be able to ?
:D
Flutterby Flutterby

Yyen

Post by Yyen » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 7:33 pm

to aber:

Nope your reply does not angers me any further, in fact i am aware of all that u had mentioned.

1. i was not annoyed because i did not meet the requirement. not trying to be cocky here but at least i don't have to worry about my height nor weight! it is super crystal clear now that when an interview is conducted in Indo i just apply and go try the interview. initially, i wasn't anything near annoyed! please, this feeling is called anxiety!!!! and the "looking forward-ness" for the interview!

2. all the good bad points that you have stated, im super crystal clear on it as well. many of my CC friends shared with me before. however, what i would like to highlight here is that whatever job we take there's always two side of the coin. and which ever company we join, there'll always politic. what i personally believe is that enjoy whatever job we do. this explain why some called being "zapped" while others took it lightly thereby telling others "i-wasn;t-zapped" - its all depend on individual.

3. like what shrrie mentioned before, this job is "once in a youth time". i do not want any regret in my life. if i want it, at least i tried it now, even i cant get it, i could look back 10 years letter and tell myself, at least i tried. its way better that looking and saying "if only" ..." i should have"... "how i wish"... hope u get my point.

4. wanting to join this line, is not about wanting to bring home the big bacon, rather the experience. armed with a degree in biotech in hand, i could have just look for jobs related to it, or venture into business like what my dad's wished for. but no - i want this experience, the flying experience. i believe that when one worked or do his/her job sincerely, there'll be nothing called complaint. my dad has taught me well " do ur job sincerely, asking nothing in return and you'll be happy, feel satisfied or become $ minded" so you dont have to worry. im not much a complaint person.

5. it is not because im dying to travel or enjoy the average said-to-be 5K pay each month that i want to be a CC. keeping in mind, there're a lot of jobs out there that require often travels as well.

lastly, thank you so much for your info and contribution, i'd rather people being straight forward. I apologies if i miss-read your intention - due to anxiety and excitement i feel offended and discouraged. in addition, alot of rumours going on that there're would be less or even zero intake/interview next year which further accelerate my anxiety.

i hope i'd make points crystal clear!
Last edited by Yyen on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drumx

Post by drumx » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:05 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
drumx wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:I wore this for my 1st interview. Its baby pink and a high wasit skirt. I cant wear too low cuz my hips are huge. The top is from mulan ( amk hub, bugis junction), skirt's from joop (J8, suntec , vivocity)
hmmm, both dresses looks familiar.
where have I seen it? :-#
ahem !
1st on the 31st the 2nd on the 3rd ?!
hw can u nt remember !! :cry:
"act blur" Image

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:15 pm

tulips wrote:congrats to those who made it the previous round.
and good luck to those going this sunday :wink:

if i'm not wrong, this is the last recruitment exercise of the year and i doubt they're gonna recruit anymore in the near future.. due to the economy downturn and decrease in flights. and it's gonna be tougher to get in now since they are not in need of crew.

even now when i wanna join back, they also sort of hint to me that my chances of going back are very slim.

anyhow, good luck and remember to smile at the interview :)
weird..if they are not in need of crew, why do they still recruit ppl? if i really lucky to get in, i can only start training in june..not sure whether they allow or not...but they r welcoming ppl who graduate in may... *sang nao jing arhhhh*

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:30 pm

hmm I've got a feeling when they say graduate in by may, meaning available in may, because they can at most defer your training by 6 months. meaning november til may.. so June might be a little late? but of course this is just my understanding only. :)

all the best!

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:44 pm

jlayl wrote:hmm I've got a feeling when they say graduate in by may, meaning available in may, because they can at most defer your training by 6 months. meaning november til may.. so June might be a little late? but of course this is just my understanding only. :)

all the best!

hmmm...but if we were to start counting from 23 Nov onwards...6mths will be 23 May,right?

i'm ok with it as long as it is after 15 may...

aiyah..i think i think too much...as if i already got in... ^^'''

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:47 pm

southpaw wrote:
jlayl wrote:hmm I've got a feeling when they say graduate in by may, meaning available in may, because they can at most defer your training by 6 months. meaning november til may.. so June might be a little late? but of course this is just my understanding only. :)

all the best!

hmmm...but if we were to start counting from 23 Nov onwards...6mths will be 23 May,right?

Interested applicants graduating by May 2009 may also apply.
hmmm.
I just revisited the website to check, seems like you got to graduate BY may..

Idenice

Post by Idenice » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:51 pm

Hi Southpaw,

I'm not sure about walk-in, but for the last write-in which was for those graduating by Mar, I send in my application but was not selected. I'm graduating in April and i meet all basic requirements . :)

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:52 pm

jlayl wrote:
southpaw wrote:

all the best!

Interested applicants graduating by May 2009 may also apply.
hmmm.
I just revisited the website to check, seems like you got to graduate BY may..
unless i defer my trip to next year... :?

i shall leave to fate and God's will...

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:54 pm

Idenice wrote:Hi Southpaw,

I'm not sure about walk-in, but for the last write-in which was for those graduating by Mar, I send in my application but was not selected. I'm graduating in April and i meet all basic requirements . :)
Idenice...i'm studying part time...i think urs is full-time...so there is a lil bit difference...as my studies won't affect my training at all...its just that 3-weeks program thing that is stucked in between...*come at the wrong time*

jetset

Post by jetset » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 8:59 pm

sherrielynn wrote:im actually standing at 167 but at STC i was measured at 166.
me too, i'm standing at 163.5 but in STC i was measure 162. i'm very sure because i went to the clinic sometime after for a check up and they have to take my height and weight.

hopefully the one in sheraton will be more accurate.
+++Lets get jet set!+++

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:02 pm

try the walk in !!!
Flutterby Flutterby

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:03 pm

try the walk in !!!
Flutterby Flutterby

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:04 pm

yahh, I feel that even if cannot make it for the day of training and all, I will STILL go for the interview, just to get a rough idea how its gonna be like and be more prepared for the next one that I'll be going. somemore by going this way, you won't go with a lot of hope of going through or failing, meaning you'll go with a more relaxed mind, and it doesn't hurt in any way at all but give you the experience which I feel that will be helpful in future interviews that you might attend.

I applied for JAL before and I couldn't go for the interview although they shortlisted me because I could not make it for their December training cos I only graduate in March. And because I stated my date of availability as March, they didn't slot in an interview for me. Given a chance, I would have went for the training nonetheless because I want that experience.

Idenice

Post by Idenice » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 9:04 pm

Yes I'm going for the walk-in. Hope to see you girls there too. :D