Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
faery

Post by faery » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:33 am

^^haha I missed the post above me. just saw appletree's new nose - wow, gorgeous! :D

weeles

Post by weeles » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:36 am

UglyPiglet wrote:Wow, wow, wow :) Lots of ladies going in the month of December.
Well I'm taking the lead for December. Updates on my surgery appointments. Surgery on double eyelid + epi with Dr Su on Dec-2 (Yeah at last someone cancelled his/her appointment, otherwise I don't get the chance to do my eyes) Dec-3 autologous rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu. Less than 2more weeks to go, I'm so excitied. Speedy recovery to those on recovery phase like appletree. I'll update mine soon :D
Yaaay,, u finally got ur appointment w dr Su,,, good luck on ur upcoming surgeries ! n dont forget to update us ok :)

aneles
Regular
Regular

Post by aneles » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:02 am

appletree!!! YOUR NOSE IS LOVELY even with that swelling you are talking about.... the side profile shape is looking really good!!! major congrats!!! (I recall seeing your 'other' nose before & gal, the pain was really all worth it!!!)

CONGRATS AGAIN!!! Dr Kao really did a fantastic job for you!

If you can post front view, please do - I would love to see your tip too. :D

I recall reading another forummer mention that the viet lady's nose seen in Dr toriumi's site - it was considered a bad nose for mianxiang as the nose tip was too pointed. She did say that a good mianxiang nose, tip should be rounder, not too sharp.

I hve heard before that another point for good mianxiang nose is to have the nostrils fully covered. Upturn nose is not good. Nostrils showing means money leaking from your account/spendthrift/spend whatever you earn (something along tt lines) :D

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:08 am

appletree: i'm absolutely thrilled at your results and am VERY happy for you. You finally got the nose you wanted!! i hope? Unless your standards too high already :o Even with the swelling on the bridge and tip, it's looking really good.. especially for the short time frame.. Amazing recovery! Any chance of a profile pic and how long did dr kao say the swelling on the tip would take to go down? Right now how many % are you deswelled alr

I hve heard before that another point for good mianxiang nose is to have the nostrils fully covered. Upturn nose is not good <= I'm pretty sure most people, whether they believe in mianxiang or not, don't want to have exposed nostrils.. just for the fact that it is ugly.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 2:28 am

aneles wrote:appletree!!! YOUR NOSE IS LOVELY even with that swelling you are talking about.... the side profile shape is looking really good!!! major congrats!!! (I recall seeing your 'other' nose before & gal, the pain was really all worth it!!!)

CONGRATS AGAIN!!! Dr Kao really did a fantastic job for you!

If you can post front view, please do - I would love to see your tip too. :D

I recall reading another forummer mention that the viet lady's nose seen in Dr toriumi's site - it was considered a bad nose for mianxiang as the nose tip was too pointed. She did say that a good mianxiang nose, tip should be rounder, not too sharp.

I hve heard before that another point for good mianxiang nose is to have the nostrils fully covered. Upturn nose is not good. Nostrils showing means money leaking from your account/spendthrift/spend whatever you earn (something along tt lines) :D

Hi weeles, faery, cersepn, aneles,

thanks people for the positive feedback. :D It is post-op 12th only anyway..so lets hope that it will deswell further.

aneles and cersepn,

can tell me if my nose is too pointed or just nice? I requested for a rounder tip due to main xiang so lets hope that my nose tip will still look round after it deswell . Then when i show my sister the vietnamese girl's nose, i almost fainted when she said my nose will looks like hers when it deswell!! omg!!! no....

Ok aneles, i will try to take a front pic to show you and thanks for giving me courage and support back then. ^hugs

cersepn,

oh..no lar, im pleased with my new nose now just that im more concerned with the mian xiang issue.hehe. Wont be posting a profile picture, wants to remain confidential. :oops:
Actually if i take pictures with camera flash, it will looks bigger and swollen, but without flashlights, it looks still ok like this photo.

Actually im not so sure how much i have deswell actually, but looks like deswell alittle wee bit after the cast removed?!
Dr kao said"You need to be very patient to wait the swelling doing away! The swelling is normal sign right after surgery. Please wait at least 2-3 months to see the result." but im not sure if dr kao is refering to the whole nose or just the tip..

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 3:27 am

Appletree your nose looks wonderful. So did I read right you had your nostrils widen?

I really want to go to Taiwan but not speaking chinese puts me off :(

Moonlight_pmdct, May i ask where you are from and what ethnic you are?

x

TreeHugger
Regular
Regular

Post by TreeHugger » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 5:23 am

^

Many of the surgeons do speak english though. I think the only problem would be like ordering food and whatnot.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:07 am

appletree wrote: cersepn,

oh..no lar, im pleased with my new nose now just that im more concerned with the mian xiang issue.hehe. Wont be posting a profile picture, wants to remain confidential. :oops:
Actually if i take pictures with camera flash, it will looks bigger and swollen, but without flashlights, it looks still ok like this photo.

Actually im not so sure how much i have deswell actually, but looks like deswell alittle wee bit after the cast removed?!
Dr kao said"You need to be very patient to wait the swelling doing away! The swelling is normal sign right after surgery. Please wait at least 2-3 months to see the result." but im not sure if dr kao is refering to the whole nose or just the tip..
Haha appletree, can take profile pic what.. just censor the face! Wanna see how the nose looks like from the side mah hehe. I don't think it will look too pointed la, cos even now it's not super pointed, don't worry k. Plus i'm not usually that impressed by most tip work i've seen online lol, yours being one of the rare exceptions. I think when the swelling goes down, it'll look perfect. Usually from what i've read, the tip takes the longest time to look its best so give it some time :D

UglyPiglet

Post by UglyPiglet » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:42 pm

Weeles > Thanks, I'll share and updates you all real soon.

Appletree > Not to mention on the sineech. Really happy to see your results. And for your nose, is definately not too sharp, its awesome :o
weeles wrote:
UglyPiglet wrote:Wow, wow, wow :) Lots of ladies going in the month of December.
Well I'm taking the lead for December. Updates on my surgery appointments. Surgery on double eyelid + epi with Dr Su on Dec-2 (Yeah at last someone cancelled his/her appointment, otherwise I don't get the chance to do my eyes) Dec-3 autologous rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu. Less than 2more weeks to go, I'm so excitied. Speedy recovery to those on recovery phase like appletree. I'll update mine soon :D
Yaaay,, u finally got ur appointment w dr Su,,, good luck on ur upcoming surgeries ! n dont forget to update us ok :)
appletree wrote:Hi uglypiglet,

thank you so much for the sineech once again, if it wasnt for the sineech, i might be swelling even more right now. :)
Thank you for the wishes and hope to hear about your great work too :) Do update us k? :D

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:35 pm

I going taiwan on 10th to 19th of April.

Doing preliminary research :) Will expect to complete a comprehensive written report about the geography, economy, location, recreation of the Da-an district where Chuang is located.

Will be doing eyes.

i take this very serious as TW is not in SEA, very far from sg. but TW is good since we can speak chinese okay. Tho I suck at reading.

anyone going there appreciate u PM me!

basically i researching on and breaking my report up onto

1) medical aspect --> clinic and doctor and patient, surgical procedure and what it entails, recovery time.

2) geographical aspect --> - human ( economy, conversion rate, cost of living, food hygiene ) and physical ( climatography, location of taipei in taiwan ),

3) accomodation --> - which hotel is the cheapest and yet most recommended i will read up.

4) living there --> a) food, b) recreation e.g shopping in the da-an district i.e. what to do. u cant be in hotel all day right, 3) getting around i.e. transport.

5) personal finances --> expected personal expenditures together with surgical expenditures

6) departure and arrival back in sg. =D

7) post op recovery and planning.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

aneles
Regular
Regular

Post by aneles » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 3:07 pm

appletree, I cant tell if your nose tip is very pointed or just nice based on your photo. I can only say just based on that angle/that photo, the tip does look great, doesnt look too sharp from that view.

I define a pointed sharp tip by also looking at the bridge if its very narrow.

If you could take a photo of your front view & show me, I should be able to tell better. :D

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 3:22 pm

aneles wrote:appletree, I cant tell if your nose tip is very pointed or just nice based on your photo. I can only say just based on that angle/that photo, the tip does look great, doesnt look too sharp from that view.

I define a pointed sharp tip by also looking at the bridge if its very narrow.

If you could take a photo of your front view & show me, I should be able to tell better. :D
What's the co-relation between narrowness of bridge and tip? I don't see the connection, they're not the same thing. I get your point that if the bridge is narrow, there's a tendency for the tip to be narrow as well, but the bridge can be wide with a pointed tip.

I don't understand why so many people want to see the front view that much. The most you'll see is how covered/exposed the nostrils are, aka the chao tian pi. You can't gauge how the tip really looks like. It's only in the side profile shot that the tip can really be seen

unheardof

Post by unheardof » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:47 am

hey there, i just came back from TW, finally had my rhinoplasty with Dr Kao. I was there alone in the hospital. Dr Kao is a very nice and friendly doctor, however, i felt it would be better to have company. The after effect of GA was just too much to handle it alone, not a very good experience as i puke the min i was awake, i wasnt able to eat for 2 whole days.

I was glad that i chose Taiwan because i've relative staying there. I rely on my relative to buy me meals and cooked for me. I chose not to go out because i swell like nobody's business, my nose, eyes and even face.

I am now back in Singapore. I could gradually see the shape of my nose though, however, it still swell at the tip and the skin around the nose and eyes are still tight as ever.

I also have plans to change my hairstyle to distract others but i just do not have the courage to step out of my house.
mikko_baby80 wrote:Hi all! i've been a slient reader all these while, for mths in fact! can't believe myself. Finally I made up my mind to look for Dr Kao for rhinoplasty & Dr Chuang for epi. All the feedbacks & comments that are posted in this thread really inspires me & making me feel so excited & I can't wait to go for my op soon. But im all alone, never been to taiwan b4 & im extremely bad with my directions. Is there anyone planning to go taiwan somewhere early next yr?? Can anyone advise me if it's better to go for rhino or epi first? And also last question, has anyone been to taiwan alone for their ops?

TIA~ :D

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 2:16 am

Pinkyice wrote:I had double eyelid revision and epicanthoplasty with Dr Jong last Friday.
Before the surgery, I was deciding between Dr Chuang (of wish clinic) and Dr Jong and I was leaning more towards Dr Chuang in the beginning.
I emailed both of them and Dr Chuang gave me very detailed answers while Dr Jong's replies are shorter but to the point.
One other reason was I had read a lot of positive reviews about Dr Chuang's works while there's very few on Dr Jong's.
What eventually made me decide on Dr Jong was a review on him by someone on the purseblog forum.
And I read here that someone had a nose job done by Dr Chuang and when she went back for a review and complained that her nose looks a bit crooked, Dr Chuang actually told her that nothing can be done!
So I took a gamble and decided on Dr Jong because during my emails with him, I felt that although his replies are short, I trust him and he has his own clinic (two in fact) while Dr Chuang works for wishclinic.
And I am glad that Dr Jong did not let me down...he's patient and his two nurses are absolute darlings. They held my hands and said comforting words to me during the surgery.
The whole procedure took about 2 hours and after the surgery, I was out shopping...no groggy feeling but then it wasn't my first eyelid suregry so I may be more oblivious to the discomfort.
I had eyelid surgeries in Singapore, in Thailand and now in Taiwan and I have to say that I am most satisfied with the one done by Dr Jong.
One thing I have to mention is that Dr Jong is a huge believer of natural looking results. In fact he didn't think I need epicanthoplasty but I insisted.
He keeps telling me that a double eyelid revision is enough but epicanthoplasty will 加分 (in his words).
Since I am already there, I decided to just do everything. So in the end, we compromised and he made only a tiny cut which is shorter than his usual epicanthoplasty surgeries.
IMO, plastic surgery is meant to enhance your appearance and not to drastically change it.
After my nose implant with Dr Sukit (anoher huge believer of natural looking results) last year, many people remarked that I look better but can't pinpoint the exact reason...no one knew I had a nose implant until I tell them.
I don't want to look exceptionally beautiful but fake (think Dawn Yeo) or to look so different that people can't recognize me but that's just me.
The most important thing is that you have to be able to communicate effectively with your surgeon and to trust his opinions.
Dr Jong and his nurses are very personable and I felt safe in their hands...although I am not his only patient that day, he made me feel like I am.
In fact, I will go to Dr Jong next year again for my eyelash implants and maybe alar reduction.
Again Dr Jong said that I don't really need an alar reduction but that it will 加分 and that eyelash implants should only be considered after I'm happy with my double eyelids.
Most doctors will want you to have as many surgeries as possible as that will mean more income for them so I really appreciate Dr Jong's honesty.
My eyes had reduced swelling by a lot and it's all thanks to the Arnica montana cream that I'm using. This helps to reduce swelling and bruising and it's really good.
This is a photo of my eyes taken with my crappy cellphone camera.
ImageImage

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 3:43 am

Does Dr Jong speak english? I would like to go to him for eyelash implants

x