Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:32 am

AV1981,

hmm, there are more senior pple here like Abercrombie. haha. but pose your questions nonetheless. we might be able to answer you. :)

babypig0630

Post by babypig0630 » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:45 am

Requirements

Singapore or Malaysian citizenship

Females who are at least 1.58m; Males who are at least 1.65m in height

Degree/ Diploma

OR

At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 'AO’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination

OR

At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits including English and working experience

For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience is required

Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

I'm PR holder. Can I walkin?

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:16 am

Yyen wrote:
so are u already in SIA?
or going for the coming interview? :D
i wish i am already in, haha.. but, i've joined another company for a totally different kind of job, n i've applied for part time degree as well..

i went for their write-in interview twice last month, but it was unsuccessful.. i know what's my mistake, and i need some time to work on it.. i don't want to go there again n again being the same me.. so i decided to pause for awhile n go for the interview again once i feel like i am way better than now.. maybe i'll go for their subsequent interviews for practise.. :)
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~

drumx

Post by drumx » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:20 am

wisdom&courage wrote:
drumx wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:Hello highupinthesky!
Thank you. Then I guess I am in trouble, I can't find my O level cert. I am currently still studying in a polytechnic.
Try to find it soon. I do not know if you can get reprinting done within a day at MOE or not.
You still have wed - fri to get the cert problem resolve.
But try to look for it first, maybe its hidden in one of your old folders or together with some of your other important documents. :wink:
Hello drumx!
Yup I will be going back to my secondary school tomorrow to ask for more info on how I should go about getting the cert reprinted. Thank you!
I suggest you contact MOE instead. I believe your school will direct you to MOE to get it reprinted. Don't forget, the certs given to you in school are collected from MOE as well.

Try calling MOE Customer Service Centre at 6872 2220 tomorrow to find out more. I believe yhey would be able to provide you with a better solution.
Else you can try going back to your school to get help you need.

PS: Good idea to start keeping your documents in check, in a proper folder or something, it will save you a lot of trouble in future. :wink:

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:22 am

babypig0630 wrote:Requirements

Singapore or Malaysian citizenship

Females who are at least 1.58m; Males who are at least 1.65m in height

Degree/ Diploma

OR

At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 'AO’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination

OR

At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits including English and working experience

For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience is required

Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

I'm PR holder. Can I walkin?
According to the website: r u a Malaysian? if yes, you can.. if no, apply as Cabin Crew (Singapore Permanent Residents).. no walk-in..
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~

babypig0630

Post by babypig0630 » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 1:53 am

No, I'm not Malaysian.

see this web

http://www.jobsdb.com.sg/SG/EN/Job.asp?R=JDBS125541701

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 6:55 am

drumx wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:
drumx wrote: Try to find it soon. I do not know if you can get reprinting done within a day at MOE or not.
You still have wed - fri to get the cert problem resolve.
But try to look for it first, maybe its hidden in one of your old folders or together with some of your other important documents. :wink:
Hello drumx!
Yup I will be going back to my secondary school tomorrow to ask for more info on how I should go about getting the cert reprinted. Thank you!
I suggest you contact MOE instead. I believe your school will direct you to MOE to get it reprinted. Don't forget, the certs given to you in school are collected from MOE as well.

Try calling MOE Customer Service Centre at 6872 2220 tomorrow to find out more. I believe yhey would be able to provide you with a better solution.
Else you can try going back to your school to get help you need.

PS: Good idea to start keeping your documents in check, in a proper folder or something, it will save you a lot of trouble in future. :wink:
Yup, made a huge mistake for misplacing it. :cry:
I am going straight to MOE instead of my school today. Anyway thanks for your help :)

spydergurlzz

failed medical check up

Post by spydergurlzz » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 8:40 am

hi...
im already pass all the interview for SIA Cabin crew,,,but unfortunately i failed in medical check up because of the sceleosis,,,im from jakarta by the way...they sent me home last week...and after that i went and get second opinion from the doctor that my sceleosis is less than 20 degree,,
is it possible for me to tell them avout my medical check up,,,or i should re-apply again from the "walk in interview" process??
thanks

yakai

Re: failed medical check up

Post by yakai » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 8:47 am

spydergurlzz wrote:hi...
im already pass all the interview for SIA Cabin crew,,,but unfortunately i failed in medical check up because of the sceleosis,,,im from jakarta by the way...they sent me home last week...and after that i went and get second opinion from the doctor that my sceleosis is less than 20 degree,,
is it possible for me to tell them avout my medical check up,,,or i should re-apply again from the "walk in interview" process??
thanks
seriously i suppose anyone of us will hope to help u in this medical check up area but guess the best person to answer ur qns would be someone from the management side.. try to see if u can speak to anyone about ur revised medical report and best is gather all necessary info and evidence from ur doc if possible and oso a letter evidencing about ur situation from ur doc mite be helpful too.. GOOD LUCK!! :wink:

yakai

Post by yakai » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 8:52 am

sweetcheeks wrote:Wacoal has very good girdles. I think its called something like "tummy walker". It has a new name for it now, something similar. It helps to tone your tummy as you walk. The material is comfortable for medium control.
Taka, Tangs and Isetan will have them. You can wear it everyday when you start flying too. A corset is not need coz the kerbaya top is already tight enough.
:D yesh the wacoal tummy walker is a super GOOD product!! highly recommend it!

anyway its good enuff to have a something like the tummy walker to wear beneath the uniform, i heard so much of ppl claiming tat prolonged period of flying can cause womb to be out of position n blah blah cause of the gravity and etc.. therefore its more advisable to don on a girdle.. but if u were to ask me.. seriously my whole batch or ppl whom im close to.. majority could not stand wearing the girdle.. :?

yakai

Post by yakai » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 8:53 am

babypig0630 wrote:I have already submit my application form the day before yesterday. But never get any response yet. Can I walkin without any invitation?
Thank you!
i dun see why not :) jus go for the interview on the 23rd :D at times maybe the management side are overwhelmed by the emails & letters hence slow in response so dun miss the boat!!

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 9:09 am

how much is the wacoal tummy walker??

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 9:11 am

sugarforsweets wrote:Hihi everyone=D i'll be going for the 23rd November walk-in and looking for anyone to tag along with! :D i bet having some friends there along will help ease the tension of queing + nervousness!!
And for all of ya goign as well... best of lucks!! :)
hi, wat time u going and where u stay?

spydergurlzz

Re: failed medical check up

Post by spydergurlzz » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 9:14 am

yakai wrote:
spydergurlzz wrote:hi...
thanks
seriously i suppose anyone of us will hope to help u in this medical check up area but guess the best person to answer ur qns would be someone from the management side.. try to see if u can speak to anyone about ur revised medical report and best is gather all necessary info and evidence from ur doc if possible and oso a letter evidencing about ur situation from ur doc mite be helpful too.. GOOD LUCK!! :wink:
yaeh,,,ive already email them about my situation,,waiting for the reply from them,,,

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 9:18 am

KimberlyGin wrote:Just went for a facial today:) hope sunday my skin will be good and son't give mi any surprize.haha. pork do you want to meet to go? at least we can motivate each other:)
Bad news (for me). I'm peeling in chunks. *TEARING OUT HAIR* I tried to conceal and I end up with a thick layer on my face and yet the coverage's not very good. :cry:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!