Singapore Expats

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chocopie

opening

Post by chocopie » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:57 pm

Hi, how u guys know of the recruitmt activities in JAL? I didnt see it up on e website. any idea when will e next intake be?

-_-"

Re: :-| A piece of advise.

Post by -_-" » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 4:02 pm

[quote="Fly Away"][quote="-_-""][quote="wisdom&courage"][quote="-_-""]:-| A piece of advise.

In airline job, must always remember to take care of each other, care for each other.
Some girls will put herself up in the air and have the mindset of "oh i'm a flight attendant"
So what if you're? There're lots of cabin crew in this world.
Dont be a bitch and act class. If you guys are bitchy to each other, what are you going to do when you starts to fly with those senior?
Be nice and look after each other in your batch. I can guarantee you that once your training is over, you'll miss yout batch girls alot! :cry:[/quote]

Well-said :D

I suppose you are an air-stewardess yourself, you must be one of the nice girls :D[/quote]

:) Sorry if i'm too st forward, as in "acting clever" to give advise.
I was a cabin crew but quited. I went for JAL interview and am selected.
Wat about you?[/quote]

U quited as in the previous airline? "u went for JAL interview and selected" does that means this time round? and now waiting for medical results?[/quote]

ya.. that's was 1 2 years ago. i went for my medical check up now waiting for their reply. YOU?????? :D

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 8:54 pm

Hello -_-" !

I am not yet an air-stewardess. But what you have said is true. People often tells me that during their trainings, it was the most memorable part and they often miss their batch mates a lot :)

I will be going for the walk-in interview for the coming SIA recruitment
:D

geekeleta

Post by geekeleta » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 9:44 pm

mm just wondering if any girls got in JAL before with mild scoliosis?

ljill

Post by ljill » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:52 pm

yes the experiences u gained during ur japan training with ur class girls will be very priceless!
enjoy every moment with ur class girls!! :D

-_-"

Post by -_-" » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:25 am

[quote="wisdom&courage"]Hello -_-" !

I am not yet an air-stewardess. But what you have said is true. People often tells me that during their trainings, it was the most memorable part and they often miss their batch mates a lot :)

:D[/quote]

Hi wisdom&courage :D

Ya, I think the training period is the most wonderful and happy times, you'll face stress once you start flying. So do take care for each other and help each other at times. =)

I wish you all the best for your SIA interview ya!! :D
GOOD LUCK!

Fly Away

Post by Fly Away » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:54 am

[quote="-_-""]
Fly Away wrote:[quote="-_-""]
wisdom&courage wrote:[quote="-_-""]:-| A piece of advise.

In airline job, must always remember to take care of each other, care for each other.
Some girls will put herself up in the air and have the mindset of "oh i'm a flight attendant"
Dont be a bitch and act class. If you guys are bitchy to each other, what are you going to do when you starts to fly with those senior?
Be nice and look after each other in your batch. I can guarantee you that once your training is over, you'll miss yout batch girls alot! :cry:

I suppose you are an air-stewardess yourself, you must be one of the nice girls :D
Wat about you?[/quote]

U quited as in the previous airline? "u went for JAL interview and selected" does that means this time round? and now waiting for medical results?[/quote]

ya.. that's was 1 2 years ago. i went for my medical check up now waiting for their reply. YOU?????? :D[/quote]

Oh i c... mind sharing which airline u quited? did u finish the bond?
Yup, i'm JAL crew. Hope u will pass your medical and be part of JAL :lol:

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:54 am

[quote="-_-""]
wisdom&courage wrote:Hello -_-" !

:D
Hi wisdom&courage :D

Ya, I think the training period is the most wonderful and happy times, you'll face stress once you start flying. So do take care for each other and help each other at times. =)

I wish you all the best for your SIA interview ya!! :D
GOOD LUCK![/quote]

Than you! I wish you all the best too :D

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:56 am

hello Fly Away!
I heard that the salary in JAL is quite low as the schedules are very little. Is it true ?

-_-"

Post by -_-" » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 3:18 pm

[quote="Fly Away"][quote="-_-""][quote="Fly Away"][quote="-_-""][quote="wisdom&courage"][quote="-_-""]:-| A piece of advise.

Be nice and look after each other in your batch. I can guarantee you that once your training is over, you'll miss yout batch girls alot! :cry:[/quote]

I suppose you are an air-stewardess yourself, you must be one of the nice girls :D[/quote]

Wat about you?[/quote]

ya.. that's was 1 2 years ago. i went for my medical check up now waiting for their reply. YOU?????? :D[/quote]

Oh i c... mind sharing which airline u quited? did u finish the bond?
Yup, i'm JAL crew. Hope u will pass your medical and be part of JAL :lol:[/quote]

:) Hope i can pass too. But i am worry for my hearing. I dont know whether i can make it. How long have you fly with JAL?

lynnie84

Post by lynnie84 » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 4:39 pm

Hi, I recently went for the JAL interview... However, after the final interview, I did not receive any call from them...Thus, I thought there's no chance for me already... I even thought that this may be a blessing in disguise! Surprisingly, I received a call from the JAL office yesterday to ask me to go for my medical.. hmm.. so miracle does happen?!

Anyhow, can anybody tell me that on the contract/employment briefing day, do we have to make our decision on the spot and sign the contract? Will we be given time to consider?

Currently, i'm having a contract with a company, and I will need to give a one-month notice or pay them for that month, should I decided to join JAL... I'm really at lost.. Can any current crew advise me on the current situation in JAL? Exactly how often does the sg-based crew fly per month, and on average what is the take home pay like?

Thank you in advance for your time!

strawberrysundae

Post by strawberrysundae » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:45 am

i wonder if anyone has heard anything from JAL already....?

udunowhoim
Regular
Regular

Post by udunowhoim » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:06 am

lynnie84 wrote:Hi, I recently went for the JAL interview... However, after the final interview, I did not receive any call from them...Thus, I thought there's no chance for me already... I even thought that this may be a blessing in disguise! Surprisingly, I received a call from the JAL office yesterday to ask me to go for my medical.. hmm.. so miracle does happen?!

Anyhow, can anybody tell me that on the contract/employment briefing day, do we have to make our decision on the spot and sign the contract? Will we be given time to consider?

Currently, i'm having a contract with a company, and I will need to give a one-month notice or pay them for that month, should I decided to join JAL... I'm really at lost.. Can any current crew advise me on the current situation in JAL? Exactly how often does the sg-based crew fly per month, and on average what is the take home pay like?

Spend some time to look thru the whole thread, i think salary $$ has been posted for several times. Miracles :twisted: always happen in JAL. :cool: :twisted:

lynnie84

Post by lynnie84 » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 2:42 am

Thanks udunowhoim!

I'm still waiting for the medical result. As I had navel piercing, I'm not sure if I would be penalised for that (coz I know tattoo is not allowed!)... [/quote]

valeberry
Regular
Regular

Post by valeberry » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:22 pm

lynnie84 wrote:Hi, I recently went for the JAL interview... However, after the final interview, I did not receive any call from them...Thus, I thought there's no chance for me already... I even thought that this may be a blessing in disguise! Surprisingly, I received a call from the JAL office yesterday to ask me to go for my medical.. hmm.. so miracle does happen?!

Hi, u hav to sign contract on the spot. The lady will brief you, u can change ur mind without paying the bond BEFORE training starts. Once training starts and u decide to leave u need to pay $3000.
We fly 2-3 places a month, depends on your schedule.
Each pattern takes abt 2-3days for short haul and up to 8 days(for long haul).
Eg: Flight to New York
Duty: Sin to Nrt
One day rest in hotel, the following day to New york.
Rest 2 nights in New York, following day, duty back to Nrt.
If u hav duty back to Sin, you hav 2 nights day in Nrt.
The pattern goes like that and it takes about 8 days. It means you wun be home for 8 days.

Per month: Depends on ur flt too!
Short Haul: Earn lesser, abt $1.6- $1.8k
Long Haul: At least $2k

Hope this helps.
Overall, its a tiring job and its not glamourous job as what others think. :)