Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 5:23 pm

Butterfly - its with regards on SIA wanting the juniors to work longer.
Flutterby Flutterby

yakai

Post by yakai » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 5:38 pm

sherrielynn wrote:Butterfly - its with regards on SIA wanting the juniors to work longer.
as in working hours or u talking abt staying longer wif SIA?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 5:46 pm

yakai wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:Butterfly - its with regards on SIA wanting the juniors to work longer.
Staying longer with SIA.
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

yakai

Post by yakai » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 6:00 pm

pork12 wrote:
yakai wrote:
Staying longer with SIA.
oohh.. all along the turnover rates are so high and now den they decided they need to take action against this issue.. :roll:

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 6:02 pm

yakai wrote:
pork12 wrote:
yakai wrote: as in working hours or u talking abt staying longer wif SIA?
Staying longer with SIA.
oohh.. all along the turnover rates are so high and now den they decided they need to take action against this issue.. :roll:
Which means they increasing the duration of the bond?

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 6:42 pm

no they are not increasing the duration of the bond..
they are increasing the incentives of your gratuity.
actually not really increasing.

it reads that 5 yrs contract will be given 10k whereas before it was 15k, and 10 yrs contract will be given 25k which they said its 5k more.

In short, they took the 5k from the 1st 5 yrs and put it in the nxt 5 yrs, so if you stay longer, you get back your 5k.
Flutterby Flutterby

Yyen

Post by Yyen » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 6:43 pm

You were annoyed now? Then you better don't join or you will be further annoyed.

Very clearly it states that only people from the above 2 countries and residing in SIN need to apply. Without this rule, all Malaysian will come to SIN for the interviews and if rejected go back to Malaysia to try again at the interviews there and all Singaporean will flock to Malaysia to try for the interviews there

You were right, only Malaysian,Singaporean, PRs' (so far I know only Malaysian, Indonessian and China PRs are accepted)
[/quote]

WOW! i've never expect such reply from this forum. either way, i beg to differ and make myself clear!
Firstly, Abercrombie, are u (i) CC wannabe like most of us here? ir (ii) are u already flying? or (iii) are u ex-CC?

in any case, if you belong to of the mentioned above, the you should at least 70% know how i feel ( you know the excitement and all.) if you do not fall in any of categories above, then i really don't know what you are doing in this forum.

as a CC wannabe, im just as excited + crazy + as nervous + do all preparation i could to get in like all of them here! in this forum, sourcing for all the information and turned to forum like this for as much help. however to my disappointment, for such trivial matter i got such unfriendly reply. You were annoyed now? Then you better don't join or you will be further annoyed. and i'm telling you now, that whatever happen, i WILL NEVER EVER GIVE UP TRYING! AND WILL JOIN SIA ONE FINE DAY, ONE FINE DAY!!!!

i'm in such helpless state that SIA did not get back or reply to me, and you are adding everything with your unfriendly comment/reply!

last year, i applied, but they called me said that i have one more year to complete my education, so she asked me to email them again next year (which is NOW), but now there isn't any reply from them, although anxiety runs all over my veins i kept encourage myself, telling myself that its okay! maybe they're too busy to get back to me!!! now feeling very helpless + desperate for trying the interview, hence when i saw they're having recruitment with requirement stated, "Malaysian/singaporean" i understand this part, but the "residing in singapore" makes my heart leaped! together with my excitements i could not help but to "feel" that it is for anyone residing in spore. posting and asking question in this forum to double confirm n clear my doubt.

i'm sorry if my post ANNOYED, you! and thank you very much on the explanation. but im really annoyed by your unfriendly reply. i guess i will just have to wait and go for the interview in Indonesia, rather than trying to ask help "everywhere" but received such reply! without understanding how i feel.

last but not least, just a gentle reminder, THIS is forum, a place to source help and exchange information, NOT to discourage others or make him/her feels so! annoyed by all this stupid question? should not even exist here at all!

all the CC wannabes, reaping info from the net, or to get their doubts cleared - i guess only those know i feel.

whatever it is, have a good day everyone, and wishing everyone who's going for the interview on 23rd best of lucks!!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 7:55 pm

Yyen wrote:

in any case, if you belong to of the mentioned above, the you should at least 70% know how i feel ( you know the excitement and all.) if you do not fall in any of categories above, then i really don't know what you are doing in this forum.
Now that really is sour grapes. [-X Abercrombie like anybody else has a perfect right to be in this forum whether or not he falls into any of the categories you mention or not. Should you care to read a number of his previous post they are both helpful and informative.

Actually Abecrombie is in a better place than most to acquire relevant and accurate information and if I were you I wouldn't talk to him like you just have. :wink: :lol:

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 8:10 pm

Just went for a facial today:) hope sunday my skin will be good and son't give mi any surprize.haha. pork do you want to meet to go? at least we can motivate each other:)

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 8:10 pm

chocopie wrote:
jlayl wrote:really? I shall stretch every morning and night before I sleep. to make sure I 'grow' everyday or keep up my 'growth'.. :lol:

I hope they listen when I do speak up. I have a feeling they will just insist that I am what they measured.. oh well, I really think they should measure properly cos they have no idea how 1cm can kill someone's hopes and dreams totally.
jlayl yeah. agree w ya. anw, r u able to reach e 212 mark? I cant. my sist exclaim "u ve shorter limbs n m a size 5 footer. if yr feet's at size 6/7 maybe u can tiptoe to a greater height" hmm.. maybe i shd take up ballet. lolz
I think I might be able to. after trying REAL hard. my feet is size 7 btw.. haha.
you girls going together? I'm going too. :)

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 8:18 pm

however, i still think good manner matters.. but..

to Yyen:

i know how u feel, the excitement n all.. when i first joined this forum, perhaps it was my 4th or 5th post, i received "awesome" replies.. i was shocked n got agitated, i thought of giving "awesome" reply too.. but after giving a second thought, i decided not to.. life is no bed of roses.. u'll always encounter these kind of people wherever u go.. but sometimes, there is indeed sth good for u to learn.. young people, tend to be hot-blooded (like me! lol)..

make sure u read through the previous posts to find whatever that u are looking for.. u can use the search textbox or google, that would be faster.. if not, then ask.. well, i think naturally, anybody would get irritated if the same question is posted again n again.. but yeah, the excitement makes u forget that sometimes.. hehe..

through this forum, i get a lotttttt of info n made friends! not to mention the people that i met during the interview day itself.. so, all the best to you! hope you'll become an excellent CC one day! :D

in case, any part of my statement is offensive to anybody, sorry yar.. just typing out my thoughts n opinions.. :cool:
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~

Yyen

Post by Yyen » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 8:40 pm

Plavt wrote:
Yyen wrote:

Now that really is sour grapes. [-X Abercrombie like anybody else has a perfect right to be in this forum whether or not he falls into any of the categories you mention or not. Should you care to read a number of his previous post they are both helpful and informative.

Actually Abecrombie is in a better place than most to acquire relevant and accurate information and if I were you I wouldn't talk to him like you just have. :wink: :lol:
all right! i apologies or anything for that matters, but his/her statement of " if you get annoyes then i should not join SIA" really hit nod of my veins!

Yyen

Post by Yyen » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 8:46 pm

artificialsweet wrote:however, i still think good manner matters.. but..

to Yyen:

i know how u feel, the excitement n all.. when i first joined this forum, perhaps it was my 4th or 5th post, i received "awesome" replies.. i was shocked n got agitated, i thought of giving "awesome" reply too.. but after giving a second thought, i decided not to.. life is no bed of roses.. u'll always encounter these kind of people wherever u go.. but sometimes, there is indeed sth good for u to learn.. young people, tend to be hot-blooded (like me! lol)..

make sure u read through the previous posts to find whatever that u are looking for.. u can use the search textbox or google, that would be faster.. if not, then ask.. well, i think naturally, anybody would get irritated if the same question is posted again n again.. but yeah, the excitement makes u forget that sometimes.. hehe..

through this forum, i get a lotttttt of info n made friends! not to mention the people that i met during the interview day itself.. so, all the best to you! hope you'll become an excellent CC one day! :D

in case, any part of my statement is offensive to anybody, sorry yar.. just typing out my thoughts n opinions.. :cool:
Hello, i thank you so much for ur understanding, and what u have said really made alot of sense to me! i have to agree with you, i learned alot from this forum as well, u know when excitement gets into place, but when he/she said that i really felt so discouraged and dissapointed, how could someone told another not to join whatever he/she likes in this case is SIA, it's like means anything to me now, searching high and low for as much info as i could.

also i got so carried away, cos i heard that there wont be any much interview next year.

yes i read all the posts in this thread in 2 days! all of them! and i dont think so my question is repetitive.

i rest my case! and artificialsweet, thats really so sweet of you, i believe u really understand me, thank you so much! u made me feel so so much better.!

so are u already in SIA?
or going for the coming interview? :D

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:56 pm

KimberlyGin wrote:i'm on the heavy side, 2kg is a lot for mi. I weighed 56kg!!! if add 2kg more i will be 58kg. Got a tummy too, not so obvious when i breathe in. haha. but will show when in tight fit.
wear a body hugging underwear. it helps to shape yr figure in a good way. it makes you look nicer in kebaya too. those corset ect..it's very good. i am about 55.. 163cm. not very thin either
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

babypig0630

Post by babypig0630 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:59 pm

I have already submit my application form the day before yesterday. But never get any response yet. Can I walkin without any invitation?
Thank you!