Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yakai

Re: QNs

Post by yakai » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:28 am

chocopie wrote:yakai dear yakai,

is it ok to ve little brown specks over e lower arms? u know e kinda spots u can get from tanning? except tat mine doesnt came from tanning. it's natural.
:) confirm its ok coz i oso have!!

az

Post by az » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:58 am

KimberlyGin wrote:i'm so scared, cause i got acne problem in the past, hence got scars. plus i'm big size. Dunno how to doll up also:( Die...
yeah, me too, i had acne in the past and my face has scars too, but fortunately, they can be covered. plus im big sized too!! im still gg though..

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:50 pm

az wrote:yeah, me too, i had acne in the past and my face has scars too, but fortunately, they can be covered. plus im big sized too!! im still gg though..
What's your height and weight? If within the healthy range still be fine.
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

ready_2fly

Post by ready_2fly » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 1:00 pm

wisdom & courage- can u pm the punggol clinic address to me.. mayb may want to go to try.. I want to improve my complexion in shorter time..

anyone know any gd clinic can improve complexion with less costs. thanks

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 1:28 pm

az wat time u going for the interview

Butterflygal

Post by Butterflygal » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 1:50 pm

sherrielynn, how do u know which pdt / brands good for concealer? as different ppl gt different skin types, so how do we go abt it to choose the one suitable for us?

Is it recommended to bun hair like SQ gal when gg for interview? I tried mine n found tat extremely hard to bun as my hair was too long.

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 2:37 pm

pork12 wrote:
az wrote:yeah, me too, i had acne in the past and my face has scars too, but fortunately, they can be covered. plus im big sized too!! im still gg though..
I'm in the healthy range but i look big size. My family always said i'm like a giant

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 2:42 pm

Butterflygal wrote:sherrielynn, how do u know which pdt / brands good for concealer? as different ppl gt different skin types, so how do we go abt it to choose the one suitable for us?

Is it recommended to bun hair like SQ gal when gg for interview? I tried mine n found tat extremely hard to bun as my hair was too long.
I read from the previous posts that it is not advisable to bun up like SQ gals. :) And if your hair is too long they will ask you to cut shorter as they they do not want the bun to be too big:) wat i heard is that they have standard size for the bun

yakai

Post by yakai » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 2:48 pm

at the grooming classes during the training period, if ur hair is too long, they wil advise u to snip off the length if not if u bun up den the bun wil get too big oso.. dun layer too much oso of ur hair if not u wil have difficulty bunning up in future den the next thing u noe is ur best fren is called gel and mousse :lol:

at the grooming class, they wil oso teach u how to bun up ur hair oso in a simple way :wink:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 2:54 pm

KimberlyGin wrote:omg, i cannot be seen in swimming costume. got thunder thigh. shit. sherrielynn, u recently just passed the interviews right. Can double confirm with mi whether still have swimming?? if have, i don't think i'm going
they stopped the water confidence test about a year or more and theres no written english test as well. :)
Flutterby Flutterby

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 2:55 pm

yakai wrote:i doubt they wil take away the swimming test coz u got to drop into the water from the mock up plane.. den to swim in whatever style u deem fit to the other end den after tat stand there for a while to wait for the rest to finish.. its to make sure in emergency events, u wil dare to jump off the plane itself and it forms part of the safety training later..

well, they did remove. but when you start training you will have to learn how to swim with ur kebaya.
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 2:56 pm

KimberlyGin wrote:
pork12 wrote:
I'm in the healthy range but i look big size. My family always said i'm like a giant
No worries if you've got the curves! :wink:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:02 pm

Butterflygal wrote:sherrielynn, how do u know which pdt / brands good for concealer? as different ppl gt different skin types, so how do we go abt it to choose the one suitable for us?

as mentioned , BENEFITs Erase Paste is a very good cover up. But as always, i suggest you to go to the make up counters and try. Because it may work for me but it might not work for you. :D

other brands i've tried and worked are MAC's select cover-up & PAUL&JOE's eye color primer.

As for your hair, it would be good enough if you just tie it up into a ponytail. You don't want to look too much like a "SQ wannabe" if you know what I mean.

And like what yakai mentioned, during your training period, your trainer will inform you if your face suits the bun or short hair. During my aunt's flying days(20years ago), as long as your face is proportion, you can keep and tie into a bun, if your face isn't they will ask you to snip it off.

Oh and you may want to read today's STRAITS TIMES. They have quite and article which you may want to read. Its on Home section , B3. :)
Last edited by sherrielynn on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flutterby Flutterby

yakai

Post by yakai » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:04 pm

yeah during ur SEP, u got to swim in the kebaya and climb onto the raft during the wet run 8-)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 3:13 pm

:cry: I was actually changing my mind and considering going for the walk-in this Sunday. Then I realise that my skin's peeling from the applications prescribed by my derma. Now I'm fat, pimpled and peeling. What are my odds? :cry: