Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
gingerbabe

Post by gingerbabe » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 6:29 pm

Kittygirl & Moonlight

I would be in Taipei on 24 November to do nose with Dr Kao then eyes with Dr Chuang. I suppose i'll be back by the time u gals are there.

Good luck to us all!

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 6:58 pm

kittygirl8 wrote:Hi cersepn, feline.eyes & appletree,

Thank you once again for taking the time to advise me. You gals are awesome!

Yeah guess I will check with the docs or just bring a tape along to tape my glasses - just worried I might look like an alien with tapes on my glasses when I'm out in the street hehe :)

Hi Appletree, Feline.eyes,

I'll be going to Dr Kao for rinoplasty and a few days after that, eyes with Dr Chuang. I am very sure my eye shape will change after rinoplasty as I have absolutely no nose bridge and after rino, i think it will actually pull the gap between my eyes closer (am I right to say that Feline.eyes? ) so I chose to do eyelid after rinoplasty. Dr Kao advised me the same thing too after checking with him.

Another main concern is that i plan to do epi too but I am unsure if its necessary for me. I have seen a taiwanese celebrity - wen chui ping - if u gals know who I am talking about - and I thought she looked really weird and spoiled her look after she did her epi. Thus I am worried I might turn out that way too. :(

Btw, pineapple is very good for reducing swelling too and rather than taking sineech (not sure i just dun quite trust this product) you can either take pineapple, which is absolutely natural, or take the tablet form of bromelain which can be purchased at GNC or Nature Farm....

:wink:
You can try getting the surgical tape from a pharmacy; at least it comes in flesh colour ^_^ Less conspicuous... They are really useful for lots of things. It came in handy when I had to tape my splint back on.

Not exactly pull the gap closer I guess, I think just uncovering the Mongolian fold so your eyes are more "open"? Something like that.

As for your worry, I guess only you can be a good judge. Pull the skin back yourself and check out how you like it I guess... Think over it carefully. The only definitive thing I can say is, don't do it if you have close set eyes, it will only get closer and weirder... And since you are going to Dr Kao first before Dr Chuang, ask Dr Kao for his opinion during the consultation ^_^
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 7:12 pm

aneles wrote: cersepn - i cant speak for appletree's thoughts..

but for me, even based on Michelle Reis 'after' pic - her nose is not that pointed per ser.... it still shows a softer rounder but still defined tip.

what is considered pointed - it is like this example I hve attached (taken from D.Toriumi's site)

ImageImage

Hope I illustrated this well. :D
Walau, you compare like this, obviously michelle reis won't have a 'pointed' nose. The vietnamese patient example you used is like a 9.5 on a scale of 1-10 for how pointy the nose is.

gingerbabe

Post by gingerbabe » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 8:30 pm

Hi All

For those who has done surgeries with 2 doctors in the same trip.

For rhinoplasty with rib grafting how long before you did another surgery with another doctor?

aneles
Regular
Regular

Post by aneles » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:53 pm

cersepn wrote:

but for me, even based on Michelle Reis 'after' pic - her nose is not that pointed per ser.... it still shows a softer rounder but still defined tip.

what is considered pointed - it is like this example I hve attached (taken from D.Toriumi's site)

ImageImage

Walau, you compare like this, obviously michelle reis won't have a 'pointed' nose. The vietnamese patient example you used is like a 9.5 on a scale of 1-10 for how pointy the nose is.
hahaha, i guess i had to show a more obvious pointed nose to explain my case, lol :D

of course this is my own opinion abt michelle reis & what i perceive of a sharp pointed tip & what's not. I respect your own right of opinion too.

Just wanted to share my views here. Hope no offence was taken. ;p

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:39 pm

aneles wrote:
cersepn wrote:

ImageImage

hahaha, i guess i had to show a more obvious pointed nose to explain my case, lol :D

of course this is my own opinion abt michelle reis & what i perceive of a sharp pointed tip & what's not. I respect your own right of opinion too.

Just wanted to share my views here. Hope no offence was taken. ;p
diff ppl have diff views, no need to dedate abt it . like for me, i dun find reis nose pointed. thou close to being called pointed but still not pointed.

the key here is whether is the result nice or not after the op and after it finalise. dun forget our appletree need to go for 2nd round when her nose heals. so i keep my finger cross for the moment and wish her speedy recovery.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:57 am

kittygirl8 wrote:Hi Moonlight, gingerbabe and all,

I'll be there on the 2nd week of Dec till 23rd too and will also be staying in kanning apt. PM me if you would like to keep in touch too. It'll be really great to have more people to hang out together with! :)

Cool!!!!! that sounds fun:) see you there!!!!:)

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 1:03 am

kittygirl8 wrote:To all of you who are short sighted like me,

May I check with you how do you get around after rinoplasty as I understand that after the nose surgery, we have to stop wearing glasses for a while? I know we can always wear contact lense but my main concern is that I will be going for eyelid surgery after that and I believe can't possibly wear contact lense too....? Any idea anyone?

I remember someone in the forum did gave me some advise on that earlier - which is to tape the glasses to our face etc....am I right? Is that the only way to get around without falling flat on my face since I'll be practically blind without any glasses on....

:P
lolz, I have the same problem as you !!!!!!!!!! hihihi Well this is kind one of the reasons why I don't think I can do my eyes at the same time as my rhinoplasty:( I'm afraid not being able to see and hence, fall flat on my face without the glasses or contact lenses lolz. Also, I wouldn't be able to use the eye glasses to help hide my eyes job. Another reason is time limitation, but that is besides the point. Let's me know how you solve the dilemma:)

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 1:11 am

kaka wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:
kaka wrote:Yeah we'll have so much fun moonlight!

Hey can someone tell me.. I know I'll have to bring shades out in the day (for my swollen eyes), how about nights! I still want to go out in the night, but I can't be wearing shades all day and night, looks kind of ridiculous, or worse, I won't be able to see!

Hey kaka,
are you ready for it? I'm feeling nervous, really nervous now.

do you have just regular clear eye glasses that you can wear at night? well, what i'm thinking is that if you don't want to wear any (shades or glasses) that would be alright too since nobody there knows you/us. So i don't think it matters that much. I will be wearing mask when i go out too. Either ways, we will be looking "weird" for a while:) I think the important thing is that we are comfortable with ourselves and our looks and our shopping of course:)
Yep I have clear eye glasses, guess I will just stick to that! Haha.. I'm glad I have shopping buddy.. we'll support each other there!

I'm not so nervous to be honest, since I'm only doing eyelid surgery which in my opinion is a very simple op. Cos I have done many other ops before , so all I'm concerned is faster recovery so that my co-workers will not detect anything! Dr Kao seems a good doc, you should be in safe hands! I'm looking to do something with him maybe the following year... my nose need to rest, haha...
me too!!!! really glad that we are going to be able to support each other there. Yup, the eye glasses can help to conceal it a little bit. your nose needs to rest??lolz when did you do yours?
Oh kaka, when are you going to see Dr. Chuang? I'm thinking of giving him a visit for my potential eyes surgery later on. lolz hihihi

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 1:24 am

appletree wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:
appletree wrote:
Appletree,
I have read somewhere (but unfortunately I forgot where exactly) that autologous grafting does undergo at least some resorption (small or large depends on each patient and the docs) so having some height initially to your brigde is a good thing. The resorption can start as early as 3 months to years later (much less years later). It quite a bit of time before your nose settles to its true shape due to resorption, ingrown of vascular and other connective tissue to surround the graft, and the cartigage can get ossified; when this happens, all the "bone cells" (like osteoclast and osteoblasts) will work to shape and remodel your structure a little bit. So it can take awhile before you actually see the definite shape. Try to do something to take your mind off it. As your tip, you are right that it looks big due to swelling. Soft tissue swelling does take place most of the time after surgery even sometimes you don't see it clearly. It's part of your body response--inflammation--whenever this is trauma (for example surgery) to the area. To help with the swelling, sleep as upright as you can, try to avoid salty food, no lifting heavy objects or straining yourself.

About having people know about the surgery, this is what I'm afraid I will be facing too because I only have a short amount of time off. I'm thinking of doing something additional like getting your hair cut/highlight or change your style of clothes etc can take the distraction off your nose. Also, make-up can help--try to use shades and color to obtain your previous nose look. You are lucky that your nose was small before, my is huge now:(

It sounds like you have a very good healing process so far. That's fantastic! I'm really scared about my process right now. Don't know how everything is gonna be.
Hi moonlight,

thanks for the long informative post :D . Yes, i guess day by day the nose will have aborption? because i just woke up and realise my nose has gone down a little! :D so happy!! hehe.
Well, dont be scared, its gonna be done over with soon the moment you even realise it. :) Remember to take sineech along too, i guess the sineecg is really good as i do not look like swelling now from the outside.
Appletree,

Congrats!! that's so good to hear:) I just ordered the Sinnech and I'm still waiting for my Sinecch order to come:) hihihi

Continue on with your happy and good healing :) Hopefully, I will be able to join you soon in your good healing:)

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 1:28 am

kaka wrote:oh by the way how can I order sineech if I am not in Singapore?

kaka,

in case you are still wondering about this, you can order online directly from the pharmaceutical company or other website and they can deliver internationally too. Let me know if you are not able to find them.

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 1:34 am

Aneles, Kittygirl and Gingerbabe,

Hope that we, Kaka and I, will be able to meet up with you guys there so we can help contribute to the market economy with our shopping and eating hihihihih lolz It's getting closer and closer day by day!!!!!!!!!! lolz:)

gingerbabe

Post by gingerbabe » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 2:06 am

I wish that i can meet up with u gals too but i'm planning on going next week. Well i guess i'll be alone on this trip. Sad....... :(

kaka
Regular
Regular

Post by kaka » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:13 pm

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Aneles, Kittygirl and Gingerbabe,

Hope that we, Kaka and I, will be able to meet up with you guys there so we can help contribute to the market economy with our shopping and eating hihihihih lolz It's getting closer and closer day by day!!!!!!!!!! lolz:)
yaya moonlight can you send me the details of sinnech how do I order that? My nose? did 1 yr ago, almost I think, cant even remember. But 4 times! I'm seeing Dr Chuang on 20th but subsequently might have to do several trips down I suppose for check-up? So you can join me anytime for consultation there!

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 5:32 pm

Hi all! i've been a slient reader all these while, for mths in fact! can't believe myself. Finally I made up my mind to look for Dr Kao for rhinoplasty & Dr Chuang for epi. All the feedbacks & comments that are posted in this thread really inspires me & making me feel so excited & I can't wait to go for my op soon. But im all alone, never been to taiwan b4 & im extremely bad with my directions. Is there anyone planning to go taiwan somewhere early next yr?? Can anyone advise me if it's better to go for rhino or epi first? And also last question, has anyone been to taiwan alone for their ops?

TIA~ :D