Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:51 pm

TreeHugger wrote:Anyone under 20 did any procedures with Dr. Kao?

On his website it says you need parental permission.. 20 seems a bit too old for parental permission, no?
Law in Taiwan says so, so what do you say?
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

TreeHugger
Regular
Regular

Post by TreeHugger » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 1:12 pm

feline.eyes wrote:

On his website it says you need parental permission.. 20 seems a bit too old for parental permission, no?
ah. I was not aware of that. I'm from Canada, so eh.

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 4:07 pm

TreeHugger wrote:
feline.eyes wrote:

ah. I was not aware of that. I'm from Canada, so eh.
Well, I presume you weren't Taiwanese, me neither.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 7:19 pm

Chill out leh feline eyes, you so fierce :o
dr chuang finally replied me, very informative reply and detailed. Impressed!

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 3:10 am

cersepn wrote:Chill out leh feline eyes, you so fierce :o
dr chuang finally replied me, very informative reply and detailed. Impressed!
Eh, why am I fierce? That wasn't my intention!

TreeHugger
Regular
Regular

Post by TreeHugger » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 5:41 am

rawr.

she calls herself feline for a reason ^ ^

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:53 am

TreeHugger wrote:rawr.

she calls herself feline for a reason ^ ^

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 8:30 am

appletree wrote:
moonlight_pmdct wrote:Hi Appletree,

Hi Appletree,

First of all, CONGRATSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you doing now?
Appletree, you are staying at the Kang Ning Apartment right? How is it there? Did you book the transportation from airport to apartment with the Kang Ning Apartment service or just took the cab as you got out of the airport?

hihihih you haven't shopped enough yet?? hihihi continue shopping until you drop then! hihi Hopefully I will be able to do some shopping too.

I'm kinda worry about getting around without knowing chinese.

Thank you for your update Appletree!!! I'm kinda scared right now already. Trying not to think of it until it comes (which is next month) lolz hihi

Hope to hear from you soon and Have a good healing okie:)

Hi moonlight_ ,

Oh no.. i didnt stay at kang ning apartment, kind of regret not staying there, as i saw that the apartment is just beside kang ning hospital only, so much conviences, can save so much on cab fares also!! The Service Apartment im staying is the other one that dr kao recommanded, but he still will prefer us to stay at kang ning hospital, because it is simply so conviences there!! I wasted so much on cab fares travelling thru and fro from the hospital.
Yes, i bought so much today that have to buy another new luggage back..hehe. Now did the whole day walking, need to take a rest on bed liao, so many posts...
I suggest u stay in kang ning apartment better as the have a service counter there, at least they can help u get a cab or assist you to contact dr kao.
Waoo..seems like quite alot of people going next month to dr kao? U gers going together? :)

Good luck and best wishes to people whose going to dr kao soon

Hi appletree,

How is your healing so far? bruises/swelling?
Thank you for your reply.

Hmmm. I'm not sure who else is going to Taiwan next month (december) besides me and kaka. (it would be definitely the more the merrier if there are more people going:). I'm hoping to meet up with kaka when i'm there so we can do some heavy-duty shopping and eating lolz hihihihi.
How was ur shopping??? Do you recommend any shop? :lol:

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 8:33 am

Vicky,

Thanks for your information. How are you healing up?

Are you going to be back in Taipei anytime soon?
Oh Vicky, did you happen to talk to your cabby?
Thanks

kaka
Regular
Regular

Post by kaka » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:43 am

Yeah we'll have so much fun moonlight!

Hey can someone tell me.. I know I'll have to bring shades out in the day (for my swollen eyes), how about nights! I still want to go out in the night, but I can't be wearing shades all day and night, looks kind of ridiculous, or worse, I won't be able to see!

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular

Post by moonlight_pmdct » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:01 pm

kaka wrote:Yeah we'll have so much fun moonlight!

Hey can someone tell me.. I know I'll have to bring shades out in the day (for my swollen eyes), how about nights! I still want to go out in the night, but I can't be wearing shades all day and night, looks kind of ridiculous, or worse, I won't be able to see!

Hey kaka,
are you ready for it? I'm feeling nervous, really nervous now.

do you have just regular clear eye glasses that you can wear at night? well, what i'm thinking is that if you don't want to wear any (shades or glasses) that would be alright too since nobody there knows you/us. So i don't think it matters that much. I will be wearing mask when i go out too. Either ways, we will be looking "weird" for a while:) I think the important thing is that we are comfortable with ourselves and our looks and our shopping of course:)

gingerbabe

Post by gingerbabe » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:23 pm

Hi

I'm looking for a buddy to go to taiwan.

Anyboby going end November or early December?

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:26 pm

Hi angeluv101 or anyone that has done rib autology rhinoplasty,

i thnk im facing your question now too, my bridge looks high for me and the tip is very pointy... :???: How long does it takes for your nose bridge to go down? I look so different now with the new nose...could it be because of the swelling? The nose shape is nice..but im not used to the pointy feeling of the nose.. :roll:

I've just went to mount avernia hospital to remove my stitches today by an ENT doctor, buy he didnt remove all for me, the stitches inside the nostril he will only remove for me next week.. :???:
Angeluv101 wrote:
jamie82 wrote:Angeluv, I really love your
results with Dr. Kao. The bridge of yours does look high and I wonder if it is expected to go down after a few years (toriumi philosophy).

I was quite hesistant with TW docs since none of them seem to give the type of results I prefer. Dr. Kao is the first positive one I've seen. Even better that he is an ENT.

I'm thinking of considering sending Dr. Kao an email but the website gives me a headache! So many chinese words! Does anyone know his contact email?

On a side note, has anyone suffered from "over agressive rhinoplasty" before? I had a high bridge which was shaved down too much when all I wanted to remove was a tiny lump, done by one of the blue eyed boys here - kinda left me with a washed out look from the front. Now I probably need an augmentation instead :(

Foubelle: I think its quite unlikely to make the nose "slimmer" without alarplasty. It will look weirder in my opinion if one had a higher bridge (looks sharper) with flared out nostrils ? Just my 2 cents.
Thks :)

The bridge is not that high, actually lower than the 2nd revision. Dr Kao gave me lower bridge with higher tip. The bridge will go even lower after swelling is gone. I am just concerned if the tip will be still as sharp like now or rounder when absorption happens. Anyone has idea?
Those who did rib cartilage, how did ur nose turn out after few months? Has the shape changed?

Dr Kao email is [email protected]

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:33 am

haha, somehow i get damn excited when i hear people say their tip very pointy. Cos most of dr kao's post op patients in his website don't have very sharp tips. The only exception is angelluv IIRC, when she posted her few weeks post op pic

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 1:52 am

cersepn wrote:haha, somehow i get damn excited when i hear people say their tip very pointy. Cos most of dr kao's post op patients in his website don't have very sharp tips. The only exception is angelluv IIRC, when she posted her few weeks post op pic
i actually prefer a not so pointy nose :)
Last edited by appletree on Sun, 16 Nov 2008 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.