Reporter

Re: ECP lagoon Sat 5pm

Post by kingajit » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 1:46 pm

jameseoff wrote:any who are interested, couples or not,

'we' are organizing a Ex-pat social at ECP Lagoon Sat at 5pm

here is the thread:
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... 75-45.html

most of the people are 30ish, lost of different nationalities

As the 'planner', all Americans get extra special encouragement to show our hospitality
good initiative.....count me in....however will be a bit late....say around 6.30pm...cheers :)

nairr

Post by nairr » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:53 am

New in Singapore from Toronto. Wife joining around mid-Dec (no kids). Would love to expand our social circle. Okay to meet up on week days for brunch/lunch or weekends.

cicy.ding

Post by cicy.ding » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:47 am

kaisa4282 wrote:Hi All,

My boyfriend are I are both 26 (American) - hope Im not imposing on the 30's thread, but we havent had as much luck with 20's crowd, everyone we tend to meet seems to be just out of University!

We would love to meet some nice couples out there for dinner, drinks, exploring Singapore, etc. We are both fairly well traveled and have lived previously in other countries as well, so please dont let the under-30 thing be a deterring factor!

Best,
K
Hi,I'm 26 year old and my hubby is 27,no kids. We are both working in Singapore for more than 3 years,and we'd like to make new friends,hang out on Sat or Sun.If you r interested,please pm me:)

xeron

Post by xeron » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:38 pm

kaisa4282 wrote:Hi All,

My boyfriend are I are both 26 (American) - hope Im not imposing on the 30's thread, but we havent had as much luck with 20's crowd, everyone we tend to meet seems to be just out of University!

We would love to meet some nice couples out there for dinner, drinks, exploring Singapore, etc. We are both fairly well traveled and have lived previously in other countries as well, so please dont let the under-30 thing be a deterring factor!

Best,
K
Hi me and my gf are 26 also. mind to go out for social drinks on this weekend? Would like to make new friends. Please pm to me.

cheers
xeron

btv

Post by btv » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:29 am

Hi everyone, we're in the same situation, no kids, both early 30's.
ive just moved here a few weeks ago, my boyfriend has been here a year and has some friends but not too many are couples. He works until 7-8pm week nights but we're free most weekends. Im actually not working, just studying online so if anyone is interested in some week day trips around singapore, we should get together. Im into any activities. i dont have a phone yet but can be emailed at [email protected]
You CAN get a girl out of Vermont...who would have thought...

kaisa4282

Post by kaisa4282 » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 3:06 pm

cicy.ding, xeron, btv (and others) -

anyone interested in getting the couples together for a night out? perhaps dinner and drinks? ive spoken to a couple of you thru email, but thought maybe we should throw it out there for a gathering.

cant make too many suggestions for where to go, so recommendations welcome!

how about the weekend of nov 21? fri or sat is fine with us!

ps btv - where in vermont are you from? my boyfriend and I are both from MA :)

JMEL

Post by JMEL » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 4:53 pm

We'd be interested in joining - Saturday usually works best for us and weekend of November 22nd sounds ideal.

:D Jules

xeron

Post by xeron » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 5:27 pm

Seem like 22 Nov Sat night is better for most of us. :) Can anyone give some suggestion for a nice place for dinner and drinks :D

btv

Post by btv » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:21 pm

Hi all, we should definitely try to get together. As of right now Nov. 22nd we have a woodstock party to attend. We havent confirmed it yet but sounds like a good time so I will let you know what we decide, we have to RSVP for it soon. Im not too sure where to get any bell bottoms and flower power shirts but im sure we can pull something together.
PS. Kaisa, im actually from RI, but been living in Vermont for the past 3 years. I lived in Cambridge for awhile as well...small world.
you can email me at [email protected]
where are you living in singapore? we should chat :-)
You CAN get a girl out of Vermont...who would have thought...

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Post by HunBunny80 » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:32 pm

Hi All,
Sorry I have disappeared for awhile.
Work has taken a toll on me.
22nd Nov is ok for me at the momemt.

Regards,
Jacqueline

kaisa4282

Post by kaisa4282 » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 1:07 pm

Hi All,
Ok well it sounds like the following people are interested in Saturday, November 22. (Sorry to those who are unavailable). Since this is a couples thread, I have automaticall entered a +1 next to your name!

1) Kaisa4282+1
2) JMEL+1
3) Xeron+1
4) HunBunny+1
5)
6)
7)

Any other couples interested? Feel free to add yourself to the list.

So now we have a date - we just need a time and a place! Any ideas? I would propose dinner somewhere starting around 6pm...but not sure of places that would have a good comfortable atmosphere where people can talk and get to know each other! Ideas welcome!

servicedout

Post by servicedout » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 3:52 pm

sounds like fun. me added to the list.

1) Kaisa4282+1
2) JMEL+1
3) Xeron+1
4) HunBunny+1
5) servicedout+1 :P
6)
7)

caiuskukk

Post by caiuskukk » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:54 am

Hi I'm 33 and wife is 25. We just recently moved here from Los Angeles though my wife is local and I'm from Estonia but we've lived in LA for about 7 years. Would love to meet up with other couples for coffee or drinks.

JMEL

Post by JMEL » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 3:06 pm

Hey guys - sorry but we won't be able to make the 22nd as we are going back to the UK for couple of weeks - hope to join the next one

Jules M :D

kaisa4282

Post by kaisa4282 » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 5:29 pm

Sorry you wont be able to make it! If all goes well, I will propose again after the New Year, as Ill be away for the holidays.

Since no one else has proposed a place yet, Ill go ahead and propose two places that I have wanted to check out:

1) Mongolian BBQ, All you can eat for 30$, located across from Dhobt Ghaut MRT
http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~mongolianbbq/index.html

Or

2) Pyramisa, Egyptian Restaurant at Clarke Quay
http://www.pyramisa.com.sg/index.htm

Any thoughts?!

(NOTE: I HAVE NOT BEEN TO EITHER PLACE AND CANNOT MAKE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS! I just like the types of food offered at both!)