Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:24 am

wisdom&courage wrote:Initially I thought it was real, then after reading more of her entries, I find it quite weird. But I do heard of stories like stewardess sleeping around when they are overseas. My friend's ex-girlfriend is from SIA and unfortunately she did sleep around.
PM me her name lah :oops:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:48 am

Yyen wrote:yes me too! am indon too! has been really annoyed with SIA. even for the interview they did not state it properly, as in, the requirement stated " Malaysian/ singaporean (residing in singapore)". im baffled as to is it for the above mentioned 2 nationalities only? or anyone residing in singapore???

in addition, from what i know is that, those who wants to got in has to be singapore PR.

simlarly, like mentioned by tata, those who passed the interview were not notified any further.

email left unreplied !!! no proper phone could reach the right person!
:shock:
what the .....
You were annoyed now? Then you better don't join or you will be further annoyed.

Very clearly it states that only people from the above 2 countries and residing in SIN need to apply. Without this rule, all Malaysian will come to SIN for the interviews and if rejected go back to Malaysia to try again at the interviews there and all Singaporean will flock to Malaysia to try for the interviews there

You were right, only Malaysian,Singaporean, PRs' (so far I know only Malaysian, Indonessian and China PRs are accepted)

sunshinesummer

Post by sunshinesummer » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:21 am

Abercrombie wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:Initially I thought it was real, then after reading more of her entries, I find it quite weird. But I do heard of stories like stewardess sleeping around when they are overseas. My friend's ex-girlfriend is from SIA and unfortunately she did sleep around.

But i guess you dont have to a stewardess to be sleeping around.
she just happens to be one of the whom who got caught.
Nowadays i see more of people working in the enclosed office environment having the affair thingy.

So ''unfortunately'' for people who worked in office ah???

Laughable. In my opinion, it doesnt matter where you work, or how your environment is. It is how your upbringing and discipline is.

If you got no proper character, even if you hang around with the best of elites, you still end up sleeping around.

masquerade_

Post by masquerade_ » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:32 am

congratulations to sherrielynn!
anyway, i hope you dont mind me asking. you mentioned in an earlier post that you previously worked at Fullerton, may i know what position it was? guest relations?

hope you have fun during training! :D

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:33 am

sunshinesummer wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:

But i guess you dont have to a stewardess to be sleeping around.
she just happens to be one of the whom who got caught.
Nowadays i see more of people working in the enclosed office environment having the affair thingy.

So ''unfortunately'' for people who worked in office ah???

Laughable. In my opinion, it doesnt matter where you work, or how your environment is. It is how your upbringing and discipline is.

If you got no proper character, even if you hang around with the best of elites, you still end up sleeping around.
Don't get me wrong. I know such things can happen in any kind of industry. And I do know it is about our upbringing and discipline. (:

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:35 am

Abercrombie wrote:
Eh, it is not nice if I were to tell you her name. :)

estelle19

Post by estelle19 » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 1:12 pm

Hi, just a question, my friend who is intending to go for walk in on 23rd has a birthmark on her face, should she tick yes in her application form?
Also, would typing out or writing be better when filling up the application?
She's been asking me all sorts of questions and I don't know how to answer her so I thought I'll ask you guys. :)

chocopie

anyone?

Post by chocopie » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 2:59 pm

Hi all,

i intend to go for this comin nov walk in. Anyone interested to make friends & meet up :) ? I thought it wld be better than alone..
btw, i ve many pigmentations on my upper arms n im kinda concern regarding tat. Is it gonna be ok? n im 24 this yr. Is there any age specification/limit? anyone be kind enough to advise. Thanks!

sweetcheeks

Post by sweetcheeks » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:03 pm

estelle19 wrote:Hi, just a question, my friend who is intending to go for walk in on 23rd has a birthmark on her face, should she tick yes in her application form?
Also, would typing out or writing be better when filling up the application?
She's been asking me all sorts of questions and I don't know how to answer her so I thought I'll ask you guys. :)
Hi ger, just answer the questions honestly. Whether to type or write the application form doesn't matter at all- so long it is neat and legible.
I think the only concern she might have is the birthmark.. if it looks unpleasant & obvious, it could impair her chances of getting in.

sweetcheeks

Re: anyone?

Post by sweetcheeks » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 3:07 pm

chocopie wrote:Hi all,

i intend to go for this comin nov walk in. Anyone interested to make friends & meet up :) ? I thought it wld be better than alone..
btw, i ve many pigmentations on my upper arms n im kinda concern regarding tat. Is it gonna be ok? n im 24 this yr. Is there any age specification/limit? anyone be kind enough to advise. Thanks!
Hi Chocopie,

I believe the pigmentations on your upper arms won't be a concern at all. Because when u wear the kerbaya, it would be concealed. A gf of mine had small scars on her both her upper arms but she got in anyway. So dun worry k! The more impt areas would be the face, neck and lower arms. Your age is perfect. Limit is usually 27. Juz go for the walk in interview and have fun! Good luck! :)

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 4:19 pm

sweetcheeks wrote:

Hi Chocopie,

I believe the pigmentations on your upper arms won't be a concern at all. Because when u wear the kerbaya, it would be concealed. A gf of mine had small scars on her both her upper arms but she got in anyway. So dun worry k! The more impt areas would be the face, neck and lower arms. Your age is perfect. Limit is usually 27. Juz go for the walk in interview and have fun! Good luck! :)
Thanks sweetchicks :D
btw, i dun ve any CS/IR experience n m standing only at 157m but still, i will try for it. :)

chocopie

hey!

Post by chocopie » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 4:27 pm

creamy wrote:missviolette: i'm about 156cm. =)
hi creamy, will u be gng for this recruitmt? If so, wld u like to meet up n be there together for some encouragmt?? Im not very tall as well. :P
And anybody out there keen on meeting~!? Hee..

jetset

Post by jetset » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 4:34 pm

Hi chocopie! I'm 24 this year too, this age is not a problem I hope so! What time are you going? I'm intending to go early... around 8.30 am. If you want to meet, lets meet there alright?
+++Lets get jet set!+++

thornlee

Post by thornlee » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 8:17 pm

I found this tips on becoming cabin crew from MAS' blog http://www.malaysiaairlinesblog.com/?p=464. I think this would help with your interviews also, although their interview might be different. at least some insights :)
good luck!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 9:21 pm

masquerade_ wrote:congratulations to sherrielynn!
anyway, i hope you dont mind me asking. you mentioned in an earlier post that you previously worked at Fullerton, may i know what position it was? guest relations?

hope you have fun during training! :D
yep, was previously working as a GRE in fullerton.

and age isnt a problem. i'm 24. =)
Flutterby Flutterby