Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 1:46 pm

then did you tick yes for that section in your application?

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 2:00 pm

jlayl wrote:then did you tick yes for that section in your application?

nopes, because i do not have. i only have it on my palm and they didnt asked if i've it on my palms ma. :lol:
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 2:09 pm

I saw this is one of the previous posts: "Do you think you can fit into the SIA culture?" and I wonder how do you answer this question? What exactly is the culture they're referring to? Anyone can enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 2:11 pm

jlayl wrote:then did you tick yes for that section in your application?
6. Have you any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots on your face, neck, hands and lower arms?

Is mole considered in the above? darn... i think i ticked 'No' all these while...lol..

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jojoleona » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 2:26 pm

pork12 wrote:I saw this is one of the previous posts: "Do you think you can fit into the SIA culture?" and I wonder how do you answer this question? What exactly is the culture they're referring to? Anyone can enlighten me on this?

Thanks!
SIA culture meaning u might get zapped by ur seniors, cn u tolerate the zapping? cn u tolerate ppl pin point ur mistakes?
When there's a will, there's a way.

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 2:31 pm

hmmm moles are pigment spots?

and sherrielynn, I think its face, neck, hands and lower arms. palm is part of hand right? ahaha..
but I think its ok to just tick no. Cos if you put yes it seems to incriminate you a lot and more imptly, its mole, not scars. moles come naturally and everyone has it. so i think they won't penalise moles.

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jojoleona » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 2:43 pm

jlayl wrote:hmmm moles are pigment spots?

and sherrielynn, I think its face, neck, hands and lower arms. palm is part of hand right? ahaha..
but I think its ok to just tick no. Cos if you put yes it seems to incriminate you a lot and more imptly, its mole, not scars. moles come naturally and everyone has it. so i think they won't penalise moles.
they definitely wldnt penalised on moles, no worries on tt ya...
:D
When there's a will, there's a way.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 6:21 pm

Jojoleona wrote: SIA culture meaning u might get zapped by ur seniors, cn u tolerate the zapping? cn u tolerate ppl pin point ur mistakes?
I'm aware of this culture, but will the company actually admit to having this zapping culture? I was just wondering if there might be some other cultures they're referring to...

drumx

Post by drumx » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 6:39 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
jetset wrote:Hi, as I begun reading along from the first pages of this forum. I have found out that there is actually a grade for the passage reading in round 3, end of 1-1 session. The grades are 1-4 (4 being the highest).

Is anyone here aware of this marking system? How does it work? How do we know what grade we got?

Thanks guys :)

its a very simple passage but they used words like
- turbulence
- revved

the wanna see if you have a gd command of english,
just take it as a story telling passage. When i was reading mine, i just pretended to be reading to my tots (cuz i was teaching previously). Do not go thru it like an oral test, just glance thru and start reading.
=)

And they do not release your results.

As for moles and all , if you read thru your application, they will ask you in question number 6 ?
True,

There are some words which you may find hard to pronounce cos you might not have use it frequently in your day to day conversation. Even myself did stumbled upon some words which I am unable to pronounce immediately. But my advice is like what sherrielynn has pointed, glance through and hopefully the words aren't too tough for you. Once you are ready, ask if you may start.

Important **: Read slowly, this is what I tell my students before their oral exams. You will not be penalized for speed (I think), but dun go too slow by reading like a snail. Pace yourself by reading a newspaper article so that you will know what reading speed is comfortable for you. Trust me, reading articles really help in this area. :D

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 8:24 pm

pork12 wrote:
Jojoleona wrote: SIA culture meaning u might get zapped by ur seniors, cn u tolerate the zapping? cn u tolerate ppl pin point ur mistakes?
I'm aware of this culture, but will the company actually admit to having this zapping culture? I was just wondering if there might be some other cultures they're referring to...
Most probably not the in flight culture which most of us have been subjected to on board.

They might be referring to the service aspects; how you are required to be SOARING gradually, with good service and working attitudes and probably to excel individually.
SIA service culture - Speaking a common “language”

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 9:30 pm

M wrote:
pork12 wrote:
Most probably not the in flight culture which most of us have been subjected to on board.

They might be referring to the service aspects; how you are required to be SOARING gradually, with good service and working attitudes and probably to excel individually.
SIA service culture - Speaking a common “language”

Mintzy08

Post by Mintzy08 » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 10:58 pm

just wondering if a straight set of teeth is one of the criteria for entry as crew. would they accept anyone with braces? i will be putting on braces quite soon.

creamy

Post by creamy » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:16 pm

missviolette: i'm about 156cm. =)

missviolette

Post by missviolette » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:17 pm

creamy wrote:missviolette: i'm about 156cm. =)
go for it, dont give up yeah creamy...:)
*Lets all build beautiful castles in the skies* :)

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:23 am

Mintzy08 wrote:just wondering if a straight set of teeth is one of the criteria for entry as crew. would they accept anyone with braces? i will be putting on braces quite soon.
i doubt so, seriously.
I seriously don't think they'll let you pass.
cos I've heard ppl getting rejected cos braces affects your speech.
why not you try after your braces is taken off?
though its going to be year/s, but my friend's waiting too.