Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jetset

Post by jetset » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:04 pm

Thanks a lot! Hopefully, that is I can even get to that stage of discussion.

Who's going for the coming interview? Do you guys expect a large crowd because I've heard that quite little people went for the previous walk-in.
+++Lets get jet set!+++

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 12:02 pm

jetset wrote:Thanks a lot! Hopefully, that is I can even get to that stage of discussion.

Who's going for the coming interview? Do you guys expect a large crowd because I've heard that quite little people went for the previous walk-in.
what i heard from my friend yesterday, walk ins are usually alot more. She mentioned that she went there once with her friend. The Q started from level 3 all the way to level 1.
Flutterby Flutterby

Butterflygal

Post by Butterflygal » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 1:11 pm

so does that mean that slim chance since they got more selection?

I guess "walk in" is better idea rather than write in which they only see what stated in resume and photo sent.

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 3:08 pm

Butterflygal wrote:so does that mean that slim chance since they got more selection?

I guess "walk in" is better idea rather than write in which they only see what stated in resume and photo sent.
I feel that write in is better in the sense that the waiting time is much better cos they already allocated them nicely for you. : )

jetset

Post by jetset » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 3:40 pm

sherrielynn wrote: what i heard from my friend yesterday, walk ins are usually alot more. She mentioned that she went there once with her friend. The Q started from level 3 all the way to level 1.
Fwah. Thats really loooooong! I don't know which is better, but the concrete difference is:

1. Walk-in (POSITIVE): Possibility of finishing all 4 rounds in a day (if you go early)
2. Walk-in (NEGATIVE): There may be a light beam shining on your face on the skin check at round 2, unlike in STC where they just look at it on face value

If anyone tried both to share us the difference please? TIA
:D
+++Lets get jet set!+++

jetset

Post by jetset » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 3:44 pm

Butterflygal wrote:
Hi Butterflygal, I think the recent applications didn't even require us to attach a picture, unless your CV has it. So, the core requirements to be met are purely qualifications and experience to be shortlisted.

Do you think that if its at a walk-in, should one not posses the minimum requirements, she still could pass all rounds?
+++Lets get jet set!+++

Butterflygal

Post by Butterflygal » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 4:08 pm

hi jetset... i did not write in last round so cant comment on tat.. mayb those who sent in can help to answer jetset.
but i guess u need to attach photo no matter which job u apply.. correct me if i am wrong.

if solely based on core requirements, I think a lot of ppl shld be qualified since the requirements not so high.

jetset

Post by jetset » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 4:45 pm

Butterflygal wrote:hi jetset... i did not write in last round so cant comment on tat.. mayb those who sent in can help to answer jetset.
but i guess u need to attach photo no matter which job u apply.. correct me if i am wrong.

if solely based on core requirements, I think a lot of ppl shld be qualified since the requirements not so high.
Hi Butterflygal, I did wrote in to the last application and they didn't ask for any picture to be attached. So, unless you attach a CV which has your picture in it (just like applying for any other jobs as you mentioned), then only they will know how you look like.

Yes, in fact I do think that many of us who sent in received a reply 1-3 days after. It's an auto-response.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.. Thanks :)

So, are you going for this upcoming walk-in?
+++Lets get jet set!+++

butterfact

Post by butterfact » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 5:25 pm

jetset wrote:
sherrielynn wrote: what i heard from my friend yesterday, walk ins are usually alot more. She mentioned that she went there once with her friend. The Q started from level 3 all the way to level 1.
Fwah. Thats really loooooong! I don't know which is better, but the concrete difference is:

1. Walk-in (POSITIVE): Possibility of finishing all 4 rounds in a day (if you go early)
2. Walk-in (NEGATIVE): There may be a light beam shining on your face on the skin check at round 2, unlike in STC where they just look at it on face value

do they let those girls with little pimples and pores to get through? i heard the light is very strong and bright. really can see through skin. lol. is that true too?

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 5:31 pm

butterfact wrote:
jetset wrote:

do they let those girls with little pimples and pores to get through? i heard the light is very strong and bright. really can see through skin. lol. is that true too?
its true tt the spot light is v strong, but minor pimples if u cn conceal it n u r pleasant looking they will still let u pass the round...
Sia is v strict on skin check, those who ve pimples or minor scars try ur best to conceal it if not u will b out... :)
When there's a will, there's a way.

butterfact

Post by butterfact » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 5:35 pm

Jojoleona wrote:
butterfact wrote:
jetset wrote: Fwah. Thats really loooooong! I don't know which is better, but the concrete difference is:

its true tt the spot light is v strong, but minor pimples if u cn conceal it n u r pleasant looking they will still let u pass the round...
Sia is v strict on skin check, those who ve pimples or minor scars try ur best to conceal it if not u will b out... :)
oh. but they dont use spot light for the write in interview at STC. so write in is more safe to go for interview if theres a little pimples? and will there be more write in in that case? thanks.

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 6:23 pm

As mentioned, a proper facial regime will be good. It also proves to the interviewer that you are well groomed and you know how to look after yourself.

Why they have bright spotlights in Sheraton is because as mentioned, sheraton's lights are yellow (warm lights), thus they can't really see.
And imagine, for write-ins, they may pick like maybe 500 to come a day ? But for walk-ins the can't limit. Only thing they can limit is the time there in Sheraton. As far as i've heard, some gfs of mine who went during the afternoons, they over heard theres at least 1k of hopefuls thats attending the walk-ins.
Flutterby Flutterby

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 6:34 pm

yup agree w wat sherrielynn said, a proper facial regime is impt...
i personally thk tt sm how it play abit of luck, smtimes u dun ve to do much n yet u will get into any airline u wish for...
for walk in, u reali ve to go down v early, sm ppl will rch sheraton at 7.30am.
if u go in the noon time u will ve to wait v long for ur turn... :)

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 7:18 pm

I just read from earlier posts that moles are not acceptable? is it true?
I have several moles on my lower arms!

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 7:28 pm

jlayl wrote:I just read from earlier posts that moles are not acceptable? is it true?
I have several moles on my lower arms!
i dun thk its true, as my sis whose w SIA nw, she has alot of moles too...
so no worries... :)