Singapore Expats

New Place for WDNC?

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Bistrot_Pr

New Place for WDNC?

Post by Bistrot_Pr » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 11:29 pm

Hi Deadpoet, Hi Chicago_Mike,

If you're looking for a new place to held your WDNC, here is great French restaurant that opened a few months ago:
Le Bistrot du Sommelier
46 Prinsep Street
#01-01 Prinsep Place
6333 1982

They serve authentic French food and have more than 400 labels of wines this will definitely please all palates.

Give them a call, they will be glad to welcome you guys for your weekly Wednesday event.

Take care

amyl

another good one...

Post by amyl » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 1:21 am

hey everyone!

another great place i accidentally chanced upon the other afternoon was next door cafe (or was it next door bar?) on arab street. the girl there told me that they are open in the evenings as well, they have a good selection of beer and french wine, and the most comfortable couch i've ever sat on.

worth giving it a shot, the food was excellent too!
:)

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

hmmmmmm

Post by Allibert » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 2:50 am

and you registered just to post this? not at all suspicious

amyl

Re: hmmmmmm

Post by amyl » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 1:00 pm

Allibert wrote:and you registered just to post this? not at all suspicious
i wasnt aware that 'newbie' was synonomous with 'advertiser', but then again maybe im just not in the loop... see, i was under the impression that this was a community about sharing and making people feel welcome in singapore not attacked because they choose to put up a post about a good cafe they discovered. :wink:

anyways, for those who are interested... i work near the kampong glam area, and another great place i was at a few nights ago was the moroccan deli on bussorah street, its got very very good food, the taj kebab is to die for! service is a bit slow, but really worth the wait. only problem is no beer! eeek

ps. what i said about next door cafe stays, been back a few times and its still a great little place to hang out!

mulffett
Regular
Regular

Post by mulffett » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 7:59 pm

Hi amyl,
Welcome to the forum, feel free to feel "warm" and welcome here... Singapore is a "warm" country after all!

I am interested on both the cafes, do you mind to attach the location so we know where to go? Thanks

amyl

Post by amyl » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:51 pm

mulffett wrote:Hi amyl,
Welcome to the forum, feel free to feel "warm" and welcome here... Singapore is a "warm" country after all!

I am interested on both the cafes, do you mind to attach the location so we know where to go? Thanks

you're definetly right about the warm part mulffett...rainy these days too... does it ever stop?

anyways, thank you for your welcome! :D

the moroccan deli is on bussorah street, which is the street parallel to arab street, so if you're walking from beach road you walk towards the mosque and you'll find it pretty easily.

next door cafe is at the very start of arab street from beach road, so if you're walking from beach road up arab street, it'll be the first cafe on your right.

the whole kampong glam area is beautiful, i find that its the most relaxed part of the city. anyone agree?

kler

huuh!

Post by kler » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 6:21 am

i'm newbie too, but after seeing welcome from from allibret I don't dare to recommend anything...that was joke,naturally... :???:
Anyways, talking about Kampong Glam I agree 100% about Next Door Cafe and Deli Morrocan. I'm in Keypoint and I 'm trying to explore as many places around as it is possible.I love Next Door Cafe for their evening pastas and orange chicken and they serve Little Creatures too!!!!!!! One more place for quick lunch in the area is Rochor Duck at Beach Road.Besides great duck they have delicious lamb soup and boiled veges. Worth trying in the evening is Sufi,Turkish restaurant but no liquids,sorry...
make it better