Singapore Expats Forum

HELP! Need a dutch tutor/conversation partner

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
fayke

Postby fayke » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 8:41 pm

HI Lein 77
I just moved to Singapore from Holland with my husband and 1 year old daughter. And also looking to meet new people!

As I haven't found childcare for my daughter yet, I will probably have to take her on meetings though....

Lein77

Postby Lein77 » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:17 am

Hi fayke

Tell me about you, were you from, what do you do and when is convenient to meet.

I am 31 and expecting my first baby. Do not work but used to work in youth care as a general manager.

We live between little india and orchard road, but i'm fine to travel a bit for a coffee.

Let me know.

fayke

Postby fayke » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:35 pm

Hi Lein,
I'm 30 (31 next month, aargh). We have been in Singapore for 3 weeks now, and plan to stay for about 2 years. We are in a serviced apartement near Orchard road, but will move to our own place in Aspen Heights condo on River Valley Road next week.
I have worked as biology teacher in Holland,and I have been at home since our daugther was born.

Since I have no job at the moment about any time during weekdays is ok for me to have coffee! A Starbucks at Orchard or something, anytime next week? exept Thursday or Friday, I will be busy moving then.

diana13

Postby diana13 » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:50 pm

Hello Everybody

I am Diana, 34 yrs old, and from Holland as well. We moved here 2 months ago with my 17 mths old daughter. Is there going to be a meeting soon? Love to join in. Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Diana

Lein77

Postby Lein77 » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 10:33 am

Hey Fayke,

Kunnen dus ook gewoon nederlands praten? :)

Woensdag middag starbucks koffie? lijkt me gezellig. Laat maar even weten welke, volgens mij zijn er wel een aantal starbucks op Orchard.... anders is het misschien handig om mijn email adres te hebben, marjolein-pronk@hotmail.com

Gezellig!

fayke

Postby fayke » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 7:25 pm

Morgenochtend 9:30 bij de childens garden lijkt me gezellig!
Had er al iemand iets bedacht voor als het regent?
groetjes,
Fay

kukee

Postby kukee » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 1:26 am

Hi All,

Need to learn some basic Dutch language skills - also suffering from fly-on-the-wall syndrome! I am not far from Orchard and flexible schedule (most days) so would love to join sometime. No clue how to "pm", sorry...hkwanderwoman@hotmail.com. Hope to meet up soon!

diana13

Postby diana13 » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 7:40 pm

Hi

Why do you need to learn Dutch? Where your from? Just curious who I'll might teach some Dutch. If you're interested, we're having a dinner/drinks meeting on monday the 1st of Dec...just for fun and all nationalities mixed...no Dutch talking then. Just let me know.

Diana

kukee

Postby kukee » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:57 am

Hi Diana,

My boyfriend is Belgian, and his kids communicate primarily in Dutch...so my desire is to be able to participate in their conversations. His mother visited for a month this summer - and that was an experience I would not like to repeat if I have any choice in the matter! I am American, newly relocated to Singapore after 7 years in Hong Kong...am considering formal classes, and would welcome any help I can get at this point! I hope that we can meet, please forward details when they are available..

Thanks!

Sandy

airick

I'm almost dutch

Postby airick » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:40 pm

Hi...

I took it in school for err some time...

If u want i can teach u to speak as good as i can... LOL

just kidding.. :)

fayke

Postby fayke » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 3:31 pm

Hi kukee,
You could join us at mondaynight (dec. 1) for drinks and dinner, there will at least be 2 dutch-speaking ladies there (hi Diana :D ), and then see how it goes from there?
Do you already speak any Dutch, or none at all?