Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jetset

Post by jetset » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 9:57 pm

hafiz_ wrote:the confirmation only comes after your medical, should you pass it. we were given a longer application form and the medical form to fill up and were told to go for the pre-employment briefing a few days later. during my management round once, i asked the interviewer how long can one hold his/her place for and he told me 6 months. i've got friends who passed everything in jan this year and could only start in june cuz they would only be graduating then. so yep. hope that answers your questions. :)
Thanks a lot hafiz, you're indeed a great help! Thanks thanks! :D
+++Lets get jet set!+++

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:25 pm

hi sherrielynn

can i ask you a question ..
did you tie up your hair or let down when you went for your interview?
did anyone let down their hair?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:34 pm

Anyone has any ideas what are the cases where they allow the places to be hold should anyone made through the interviews? Do they only hold for those who have yet graduate and those who need time to leave their jobs? I need time to clear up my complexion so I thought I would start trying next year. But the rumours that SIA won't be hiring much next year is kind of worrying.

Thanks in advance!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:37 pm

jus_rei - I actually tied my hair into a ponytail. I believe that 1st impression counts. So i put in a little more effort to make myself looked well groomed. Many didn't tie but during the kebaya round they were told to do so. Rubber bands were given.

jlayl - i'm actually 10 cm taller than what you wrote. lol

leviosacho - i guess i'm already there. my medical looking good. :D
Based on my expericence though I only had it once, I believe you gotta be confident. They aren't looking for perfect answers but on how you actually answer them.

jetset - my write-in interview was stated at 9am but I still have to come back today for my management interview.

As for confirmation letter , there wasnt any after the management round. They gave me a paper to fill up my full name, my Ic number, Passport number as well as my contact number. Then another paper for my bank book number.
They told me to get my medical check asap and when they process it already, they will call us on our mobile and we are to head back to STC with a guarantor to sign our bond.

pork12 - rumors also say that the previous interview (31stoct) will be a massive hire because they aren't gonna hire much next year, but sadly they only selected 13 for the management round. Be confident and go for it. It is stated in the website that students graduating in March 2009 may also apply.

And I think theres a slight difference between though I've not been to their walk-ins.

Walk-ins
- self intro
- kebaya fitting / skin check
- 1 to 1
- management interview

Write-ins
- self intro
- kebaya fitting / skin check
- 1 to 1
Another day
- Management interview
- Medical check
Last edited by sherrielynn on Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flutterby Flutterby

321sas

Post by 321sas » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:42 pm

hi nov 23 a walk in date? something to think abt!

have a question to those who made it, congrats to ya!

so out of 500 from the walk in only 13 made it to management? and out of the 13 how many pass the round? sounds tough!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:49 pm

321sas wrote:hi nov 23 a walk in date? something to think abt!

have a question to those who made it, congrats to ya!

so out of 500 from the walk in only 13 made it to management? and out of the 13 how many pass the round? sounds tough!
Like SIA's video says, only hires 10% of the hopeful during interviews but seems like they only selected 2% of everyone last friday.

If I'm not wrong, they are to select roughly about 5-8 from the 13 ? Because based on the previous batch, there are people whom are still serving their notice period. So by the time they finish serving, they can join SIA. And to make a batch usually requries 10 people. So I guess they took in very little for the 31st oct's interview.
Flutterby Flutterby

321sas

Post by 321sas » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:01 pm

this stringent? how many guys u see making thru?

well we can always hope the economy can get better for the recruitment to pick up again...which i think will be 5 years from now..lol

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:05 pm

321sas wrote:this stringent? how many guys u see making thru?

well we can always hope the economy can get better for the recruitment to pick up again...which i think will be 5 years from now..lol
Can't tell cuz i ain't the interviewer. But I know they are still very strict with their selections.
Flutterby Flutterby

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:32 pm

hi, just to make a little correction. you will be able to clear all 4 rounds for a write in :) only those who did not have time to complete the entire process will have to come back for the last round (which happened to me the last time). so maybe the 13 was just those who couldn't manage to finish all rounds in time? :) anyway, good job for making it through! :D
The world at your doorstep...

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:35 pm

hi
sherrielynn

thank you ..
erm .. did the others tie their hair up too?

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:41 pm

akiheartfelt wrote:hi, just to make a little correction. you will be able to clear all 4 rounds for a write in :) only those who did not have time to complete the entire process will have to come back for the last round (which happened to me the last time). so maybe the 13 was just those who couldn't manage to finish all rounds in time? :) anyway, good job for making it through! :D

Eh those 13 were the ones selected for management round.
I was the 1st 2 to be selected for the management and when we knew our results after 1 to 1, we were told to come back on monday for the final interview.

Jus_rei - Yep, most of them did.
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:41 pm

Thanks sherrielynn! My complexion is really bad so I think it's best to get it to improve first then I'll go. It's not good to waste other people's time =P I'll pray for an interview to appear when I'm ready!

Congrats again! It must be exciting for you hehe =D

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:49 pm

pork12 wrote:Thanks sherrielynn! My complexion is really bad so I think it's best to get it to improve first then I'll go. It's not good to waste other people's time =P I'll pray for an interview to appear when I'm ready!

Congrats again! It must be exciting for you hehe =D
I had a little tip though.
Do proper facial regime. And toss tons of collagen into your body. Your skin will really feel brand new. I've tried the ones from GNC and it works really well for me. Better than fancl's and H2O!

And thank you !
It is still very exciting for me. Till now, I cannot imagine I make it thru. lol
Flutterby Flutterby

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 12:23 am

WOW i feel so excited for all those that have made it through! haa i try after i finish my alevels. congrets congrets!! enjoy yourself girls
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

jetset

Post by jetset » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 1:20 am

Sherrielynn, congrats congrats on being a Singapore Girl!

When will training starts for you? Are you available immediately or do you have to serve a notice period prior joining SIA?
+++Lets get jet set!+++