Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
drumx

Post by drumx » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 4:29 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
drumx wrote:Hi Sherrielynn,

Congrats... again. Heehee
Just finding out something from you, while you were waiting for the 1 to 1, there were 2 guys also waiting to get interviewed right?

Did they make it? or you left before knowing?

BTW, my name is not Christopher. LoLx
Seeya tomorrow. :mrgreen:
Hello ! Congrats to you too !

Eh i only know one didnt make it. Roxanne, the ang moh girl ? Not too sure if she did either. She's got the SIA girl look la...

And are you in the 845am slot tomorrow too ?!
Yep, 845am tomorrow.
I just happen to bump into this forums while searching the web. That's where I a talking about a familiar situation that I went thru too.
Its a small world after all.

Anyway, I can't reply your PM cos the system don't allow me to. Not "enough" post to do or reply PMs... Strange restriction.

Heehee, my name is not Christopher. The other guy who was with me but left after the 2nd stage is Chris, maybe his full name is Christopher. Not too sure though. I do know that the 2 guys waiting with you for 3rd stage is Ming and Kelvin.

Hmmm, seemed like they don't like to having too much guys in this recruitment.

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 4:31 pm

Ah !!
i kept thinking ur christopher !
My bad !

Anyways do you know whats to expect for tomorrow ??
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 9:23 pm

sherrielynn wrote:Hi there. Just thought that I would share my experience with those who wanted to know the way the interview went yesterday.

I was in the 9am round.
8 of us went in for the self-introduction round,
only 5 was selected.

Then came the kebaya fitting where 2 outta 5 was being picked.

Me and another lady who had been flying with another airline was left.
Waited pretty long for the 1 on 1 interview. (And I seriously hated that)

It was my turn to be interviewed.These are some questions which me and another few were asked

1. " What is your greatest weekeness "
2. " When you said you put in effort for this interview,tell me what you did"
3. " If you didn't get this job, what would you do ? "
4. " What is your favourite food ? "
5. " What are your short comings ? "

Mine was the 1st question and she asked me quite a number of other questions as well...
It was really tensed ( for me that is )

Eventually I was told to wait in the waiting area and the lady came out to inform me that I was supposed to come on monday for their medical check up.

The other lady that was left with me, didn't make it.
I'm the only 1 that made it outta 8 of us. Its really scary.

Esp the guys, 8 , all good looking and confident,they only chose 2 and left with one.

They picked out 1 from group 2 and 2 from group 3.
Guess they really stick by the rule of chosing only 10%.

Anyways good luck for the upcoming interviews !!!
Have faith and don't give up !!
=)
A little late, but CONGRATS!! =D

allthatjazz

Post by allthatjazz » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 9:37 pm

hi all, i went to the SIA website but it seems like they are not looking for SG crew currently? Can I still go ahead and send in my application? The problem is I can't find the application form on the website even though I have the email to send it to (Which I got from this thread)

please help!

allthatjazz

Post by allthatjazz » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 9:38 pm

what's a good answer to give if they ask you about your plans if you fail to get the cc job with SIA?

estelle19

Post by estelle19 » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:01 am

allthatjazz wrote:what's a good answer to give if they ask you about your plans if you fail to get the cc job with SIA?
I think the most truthful answer would be a good/the best answer. So I guess you would need to think about it.

And congrats to sherrielynn!

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:09 am

I went for the interview last Friday.Me (I am a GUY) and another girl went for the round one together.

Yes,they group me and a girl together and only the two of us went for round one only...kinda weird... :???:

Question asked was introduction and if there is anything you could change in your life,what would it be?

The girl who did not even introduce herself and went straight to answer the question for a mere 15 seconds passed this round.I gave a proper introduction and answer the question accordingly but was booted out.The guys before my group has none to proceed to round 2.

So demoralizing!

drumx

Post by drumx » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:40 am

summerboy02 wrote:I went for the interview last Friday.Me (I am a GUY) and another girl went for the round one together.

Yes,they group me and a girl together and only the two of us went for round one only...kinda weird... :???:

Question asked was introduction and if there is anything you could change in your life,what would it be?

The girl who did not even introduce herself and went straight to answer the question for a mere 15 seconds passed this round.I gave a proper introduction and answer the question accordingly but was booted out.The guys before my group has none to proceed to round 2.

So demoralizing!
Sorry to hear that man, what time was your interview?
Seemed like not a lot guys got thru.
Out of 2 batches of 8. Only 4 out of 16 guys went to round 2.
3 survive round 2. As for round 3, I only of 1 didn't make it.

Anyway, you dunno the reality after round 2, cos a lot of girls were booted out at round 2 and 3. Don't feel bad, you can try again soon.

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 1:32 am

My slot given was at 1130am.I reached there at 1120am and all of the people have done with their interviews.So left me and another girl who was late to go for the round 1.While waiting for round 1,the staff announced the results to a group of guys and none get through round 1 and I know I was done for it.I just try my best and still.....

I saw some of the interviewers who sit in for the round one pretty young...They mentioned to the general staff that they are off to work if they are no more interviewees...i reckon they were from various departments of SIA to be the panel of judges for round 1.I even overhead the general staff saying "so many people out,waste of time"

sigh....

strawberryswing

Post by strawberryswing » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 3:13 am

does anyone know when the next interview is? got booted out in the first round a second time. :(
so depressing man.

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 7:00 am

estelle19 wrote:
allthatjazz wrote:what's a good answer to give if they ask you about your plans if you fail to get the cc job with SIA?
I think the most truthful answer would be a good/the best answer. So I guess you would need to think about it.

And congrats to sherrielynn!

thanks estelle.

i didnt tell them what i would do, i shifted my answer to something else and she asked me another thing instead.

they arent really looking for a best/ good answer.
they are looking for people who can answer it with a little more confident, the way you sit, the way you handle yourself and the stress level.

I can say all these because i've passed the first 2 stages.. but for today ?
scary..
Flutterby Flutterby

viper
Regular
Regular

Post by viper » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 8:59 am

good luck to all going down today.

allthatjazz

Post by allthatjazz » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:26 am

sorry to ask this again, but where are you guys sending your applications? i can't find the application form. tried looking on the SQ website and I've gone through quite a number of pages of this thread. any help would be appreciated! thanks!

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 1:07 pm

allthatjazz wrote:sorry to ask this again, but where are you guys sending your applications? i can't find the application form. tried looking on the SQ website and I've gone through quite a number of pages of this thread. any help would be appreciated! thanks!

seems like they are not recruiting singaporeans for now.. all you can find is indian, indonesian, china etc cabin crew positions right?

so you'll have to wait for their next recruitment for singapore.. :wink:
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Re: Hi

Post by superpinkystar » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 2:23 pm

M wrote:
B777er wrote:There is still zapping...Trust me... it goes to the extend that some contemplate to quit.... I reckon you do not fly to know that..... Try a broken wrist/s (Just matter how sister they are) CS or IFS.... Try a red dragon or a super high hump LSS.... Give press the wrong buttons, no matter what you do, you are in for it....

The juniors these days....tsk tsk.... With all the senior crew talking, SIA is desperate... CMI
It all depends on how you handle your man-man relationship with the other crew. If I'm the CS or LS flying with you, with your present mindset, I will definitely zap you? :cool:
i totally agree with M and Abercromie.
all i can say in this industry. you really have to EAT ALOT OF HUMBLE PIE. remember all your sorries, please & thank you. i know all these do sound very wayang. but in order to survive in this industry, you will have to do all these. if not, you will be very miserable in sq.

there are reasons why senior crew are considered zappy. they are just very black and white. in order not to get into trouble, you just have to know your work well. like these, they will have nothing to pick on. even IF YOU ARE NOT AT FAULT, just say sorry. do not bother explaining or talking back. you will just get it 10 times worse. believe me, i have gotten my fair share of zapping and lecturing too. why? because i didn't know my work well. these incidents just made me a stronger person, it teaches me that i must know my work at the back of my hand so all these so called top 10,zappy,sister or whatsoever has nothing to bitch about.

fyi, "sisters" in sq are genuinely very nice people. unless you come across as swanky and i-know-my-work-better-than-you attitude. you are just gonna get it as equally bad.

at the end of it, it's all about being humble.just be strong and hang on it there. tell yourself at the end of the flight, you won't see them again.

remember your work and don't ever talk back.

trust me, you realised that you become a stronger person after each flight.

if you wanna talk about about late 80s or 90s culture in sq, my seniors told me pots and casseroles will go flying in the galley. they will shout at you infront of passengers during meal service. they will shout at you to get out of the galley and work in the other galleys. or else, you just stand outside throughout the whole flight. you won't even dare to drink or eat mind you.

you can ask abercromie, i am sure he/she has more flying experience.
:D
*smile always