Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chocolatecraves
Regular
Regular

Post by chocolatecraves » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 3:18 am

anyone going for the interview later is online? want to meet tomorrow? i don't know where's the training centre.

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 7:12 am

joy^ wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:Tomorrow tomorrow !!!

All the very best to all !!!

Why still nobody at the 9am slot ah...
hais.
Mine's at 915 thou! wanna meet? i don't mind =)
I will be there around 8.30. perhaps we can just see each other there.. lol

good luck !

u will be able to reco me. i'm with tt dolly head.
Flutterby Flutterby

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Hi

Post by M » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 1:46 pm

B777er wrote:Well, part of the job is to clean the toilet. Just bringing on the facts to many ignorant wannabes. It is harsh because it is the truth and well, some new cabin crew do not even know that toilet cleaning is part of the job.

If you read it properly, no one looked down on toilet cleaner/s, it is just, the task of doing so in the sky, is glorified.

Happy Cleaning before getting Zapped...

:)
We often do not call them toilet cleaning as part of the routine.

I would rather put it across as maintaining the cleanliness of the toilet. :cool:

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 4:57 pm

Hello!
For those who went for the interview today, how was it?

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 5:33 pm

I arrived almost 10am and not many people, was in group 5. I was booted out in the 1st round and 2 were selected for 2nd round. I thought I did pretty well so was not disappointed. Anyway, the previous group had higher rate, 4 of them went to 2nd round. 1 of them is my friend and she was axed but mentioned only 1 got selected for 3rd round. Nonetheless, I overheard the staff yakking and mentioned that only 1 guy had been selected for 2nd round when I was there. :)

lervon

Post by lervon » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 7:11 pm

hey i'd read in SIA site dat having 5 credits (including english) for O's and working experience can try to qualify to be a cabin crew. Will i stand a chance to qualify for da next selection thou im only 16 , given that i hit all requirements?

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 7:20 pm

Thought must be at least 18 years old. That's the standard right?
lervon wrote:hey i'd read in SIA site dat having 5 credits (including english) for O's and working experience can try to qualify to be a cabin crew. Will i stand a chance to qualify for da next selection thou im only 16 , given that i hit all requirements?

lervon

Post by lervon » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 8:46 pm

really? dat mean minimium age of 18 with at least a 5 O's lvl credit? Is dat it?

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:31 pm

correct . cannot be younger than 18. Check their min requirements. Its written there :)

B777er

Post by B777er » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:52 pm

[/quote]
From your nick B777er, you must be in the Aviation industry. You only spend about 5% of your working time and out station time cleaning toilet. Its only a general wiping of the sink and topping up of amenities so it not really that bad for the $$$$ you get paid. There is no more zapping now in SIA. Zapping = doing the right thing or doing nothing and yet get nag and scold at. If you did a mistake you will be corrected, thats not zapping, the leaders have the obligation to correct you as he is also working under someone. The young generation is so sheltered nowadays that even a genuine advice or reminder to do things right = Zapping, no wonder SIA is finding it hard to keep its No.1 status. :???:[/quote]

There is still zapping...Trust me... it goes to the extend that some contemplate to quit.... I reckon you do not fly to know that..... Try a broken wrist/s (Just matter how sister they are) CS or IFS.... Try a red dragon or a super high hump LSS.... Give press the wrong buttons, no matter what you do, you are in for it....

The juniors these days....tsk tsk.... With all the senior crew talking, SIA is desperate... CMI

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:32 pm

How often do you get to fly with a broken wrist, red hot chili, super high bun like Burt Simpson's mother? every flight? once a month? If you get them regularly then you must be super cursed. Most of the time those mention above are just super on the ball, they follow the procedure to the dot or they have their own style of running the service. One of the requirement of cabin crew is to be adaptive to the people that you meet, work with and situation that occur onboard. If you are not able to adopt and adapt it then its just that the job is not suitable for you. I can guess that you are a cabin crew yourself and I suggest that you take a step back and look at how you can improve on your attitude and work performance. If you don't do that you will not be happy in the job and most slightly you will never get promoted. Just my 2 cents .

B777er

Post by B777er » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:59 am

Abercrombie wrote:How often do you get to fly with a broken wrist, red hot chili, super high bun like Burt Simpson's mother? every flight? once a month? If you get them regularly then you must be super cursed. Most of the time those mention above are just super on the ball, they follow the procedure to the dot or they have their own style of running the service. One of the requirement of cabin crew is to be adaptive to the people that you meet, work with and situation that occur onboard. If you are not able to adopt and adapt it then its just that the job is not suitable for you. I can guess that you are a cabin crew yourself and I suggest that you take a step back and look at how you can improve on your attitude and work performance. If you don't do that you will not be happy in the job and most slightly you will never get promoted. Just my 2 cents .
Correction...the bun stays at a position, the hump goes up and hollow on the inside.

Anyway, all cabin crew lament about their lives, whether good or bad, and it is a topic that is on every flight, every chance they brush each other at the airport or out of uniform get together.

Welcome to the life of a cabin crew...whine, talk bad about pax and whine even more...

"Yes, I want to be a Singapore Girl. A man at every port I can delight.

Yes, I want to be a Singapore Girl. I'll find a First Class man who will be my knight...

There are shivers that run up and down my spine. When I wear kebaya, it makes me feel divine.

And when my false eye lashes have been curled, with my umbrella, I'll travel the world.

There are so many colours to choose hor, why go for local when you can have Ang Mo.

You know and I know that Ang Mo so Dua Kee. Fills me up until I am so happy...."

Dim Sum Dollies

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:39 pm

B777er wrote:There is still zapping...Trust me... it goes to the extend that some contemplate to quit.... I reckon you do not fly to know that..... Try a broken wrist/s (Just matter how sister they are) CS or IFS.... Try a red dragon or a super high hump LSS.... Give press the wrong buttons, no matter what you do, you are in for it....

The juniors these days....tsk tsk.... With all the senior crew talking, SIA is desperate... CMI
It all depends on how you handle your man-man relationship with the other crew. If I'm the CS or LS flying with you, with your present mindset, I will definitely zap you? :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:40 pm

lervon wrote:really? dat mean minimium age of 18 with at least a 5 O's lvl credit? Is dat it?
I think the minimum requirements state very clearly? :???:

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 3:02 pm

HI !!

anyone know when is the next interview?
heard it is in november..
please let us know when they start recruiting... :)

Thanks a million