Singapore Expats

Outing to the National Museum

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
SGgal

Outing to the National Museum

Post by SGgal » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:39 am

I am planning to bring my girl (26m) to this workshop held at the National Museum. They need a minimum of 8 pairs (mum + tod) to start.

Workshop: Museum Toddlers
Co-developed with early childhood educators of Toybox Edu-Tainment

First in Singapore, the National Museum of Singapore’s Museum Toddlers programme provides a play-based learning experience for children 2 to 4 years old.

Using key artefacts from the Museum's collection, the programme focuses on the process of exploring and interacting, asking questions and using the power of imagination. The programme is designed for toddlers to lead the way, reminding the parent or carer how to play, while the adults provide security, encouragement and suppirt for the toddlers to participate in the programme freely.

Cost:
$25 per workshop (1 toddler + 1 adult)
Fees includes entry to Singapore History Gallery & Singapore Living Galleries.

Schedule for 2008
Every other Sunday from April to December
1.30pm to 2.30pm and 3pm to 4pm

They have different theme for different Sundays. But I am looking at 9 Nov - Photography Gallery, the 1.30 - 2.30 slot.

This is the 1st time I am attending so I do not know how it is conducted. Interested mummies leave your names here. I will collect payment shortly.

SGgal

Post by SGgal » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:44 am

National Museum had agreed to give 10% discounts for min. 8 pairs of child + adult. Can negotiate for 20% discount if we can get more participants.

Group size: min. 8 pairs - max. 18 pairs

We have 3 pairs confirmed (local SG mums), 5 more to go. If you register with the Museum yourself, you may not get to attend as they will cancel the slot if they do not have the minimum 8 pairs to start. I am trying to gather enough pairs so my girl can go :)

Do feel free to leave a msg here if you have any questions. The website:

http://www.nationalmuseum.sg/

click 'whats on' > 'Lectures / Workshops'