Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:21 am

ooooh finally somebody is talking.

good.

but i'm dying. i'm so tired. i can never sleep enough. cant wake for my leaves to come. =(((
the world at your doorstep.

jetset

Post by jetset » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:42 am

hi, anyone going for 3.20pm slot, please PM me! would love to know more people! :D
+++Lets get jet set!+++

chocolatecraves
Regular
Regular

Post by chocolatecraves » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 3:28 am

seems to me that the latest interview time is 3.40? how come mine is 4pm? weird.. anyone else at 4pm?

B777er

Re: Hi

Post by B777er » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 9:11 am

calvink wrote:Hmmm..Cabin Crew Cabin Crew...The glamorosity of flying all over the world serving passengers with excellent perk.... Where's the rest of those who quit.. I need some opinions on those who already quit and have gotten a job outside their flying career. How competitive it is as well...
A huge misconception on Cabin Crew's lifestyle being glamorous. I didn't know being a toilet cleaner was a glorified task. Thanks for the enlightenment. :P

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:48 pm

B777er wrote:
calvink wrote:Hmmm..Cabin Crew Cabin Crew...The glamorosity of flying all over the world serving passengers with excellent perk.... Where's the rest of those who quit.. I need some opinions on those who already quit and have gotten a job outside their flying career. How competitive it is as well...
A huge misconception on Cabin Crew's lifestyle being glamorous. I didn't know being a toilet cleaner was a glorified task. Thanks for the enlightenment. :P
I agree that people tend to see the glamourous side of this job. But I don't think it's nice to call cabin crew toilet cleaners. That's harsh. All jobs come with the up- and down- sides. Even toilet cleaners deserve respect. They are doing jobs that no one wants to do.

Just my opinions. No offence.

artificialsweet

Post by artificialsweet » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 1:02 pm

pork12 wrote:
B777er wrote:
I agree that people tend to see the glamourous side of this job. But I don't think it's nice to call cabin crew toilet cleaners. That's harsh. All jobs come with the up- and down- sides. Even toilet cleaners deserve respect. They are doing jobs that no one wants to do.

i agree with you..
i wanna fly, n fly n fly~

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 1:56 pm

Tomorrow tomorrow !!!

All the very best to all !!!

Why still nobody at the 9am slot ah...
hais.
Flutterby Flutterby

B777er

Post by B777er » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:04 pm

artificialsweet wrote:
pork12 wrote:
B777er wrote: A huge misconception on Cabin Crew's lifestyle being glamorous. I didn't know being a toilet cleaner was a glorified task. Thanks for the enlightenment. :P

i agree with you..
Well, part of the job is to clean the toilet. Just bringing on the facts to many ignorant wannabes. It is harsh because it is the truth and well, some new cabin crew do not even know that toilet cleaning is part of the job.

If you read it properly, no one looked down on toilet cleaner/s, it is just, the task of doing so in the sky, is glorified.

Happy Cleaning before getting Zapped...

:)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:34 pm

rainschocolate wrote:ooooh finally somebody is talking.

good.

but i'm dying. i'm so tired. i can never sleep enough. cant wake for my leaves to come. =(((
Just a few months ago you were so excited about flying and so fast you are burned out ? :P

CrimsonRhapsody

Post by CrimsonRhapsody » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:43 pm

sherrielynn wrote:Tomorrow tomorrow !!!

hais.
>.< No one at ard 10am too.....ard what time will u be there? lets meet up! i dont wanna go aloneee....pm me! [email protected]

stephdavis

Post by stephdavis » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:44 pm

Good Luck to those who are going for the interview tmr!! rmbr to share ur experience aft ur interviews! Jiayou :D :D

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:50 pm

B777er wrote: If you read it properly, no one looked down on toilet cleaner/s, it is just, the task of doing so in the sky, is glorified.

Happy Cleaning before getting Zapped...

:)
From your nick B777er, you must be in the Aviation industry. You only spend about 5% of your working time and out station time cleaning toilet. Its only a general wiping of the sink and topping up of amenities so it not really that bad for the $$$$ you get paid. There is no more zapping now in SIA. Zapping = doing the right thing or doing nothing and yet get nag and scold at. If you did a mistake you will be corrected, thats not zapping, the leaders have the obligation to correct you as he is also working under someone. The young generation is so sheltered nowadays that even a genuine advice or reminder to do things right = Zapping, no wonder SIA is finding it hard to keep its No.1 status. :???:

joy^

Post by joy^ » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:19 pm

sherrielynn wrote:Tomorrow tomorrow !!!

hais.
Mine's at 915 thou! wanna meet? i don't mind =)

surfsiderose

Post by surfsiderose » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:37 pm

anyone wanna meet tmr? ard 3pm.. :)

Nico|as

Post by Nico|as » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:45 pm

Well wishes to all heading to the line come sunrise; short words to the man above before you end the night will evidently aid with his grace, god bless. Cheers