Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 9:03 am

leviosacho wrote:
Plavt wrote:
renn wrote:CUTIE8029,
the interviewers are always the same ppl. i tired 3x, and the ppl there
actually remembered not only me, they remembered my fren who went together wif me.
i remembered the last time i went, we were chased out by the interviewers. so angry, cos we went on sat and sun, she told us, u all are nt allow to try so many times. if we tink u do not fit into our requirement tat means cannot, u all dun have to try so many times, dun have to waste yours and our time.and we remembered ur face. i was so angry. the papers nv write that we cant try rite. i was booted out the 2nd round during my 1st try, tat's y i decided to try again. but 2nd & 3rd time all 1st round got booted out, ,now my fren and i will nv try tis airline anymore!
With written English like yours, why am I not surprised!? The interviewers were quite correct! :roll: [-X [-o< #-o
Actually I feel that it's quite a common sense not to try so many times with the interviews so close to each other. If you try again so quickly, you might not even realise what is the reason causing you to fail the previous time. And then you will repeat the same mistake again and fail again.

Just my opinions. :wink:
Eh i agree with you on that.
I recalled the other time while I was waiting for my turn to be interviewed,
the ladies went " eh trying to not knw us issit ?!! "
Seems like the girl that came, came pretty often... Either that, or she must had been once with Silkair.

amore

Post by amore » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:47 am

Thanks Sherrielynn! It really does help. (: it's very kind of you to share ur experience during interview with me. Now I can get myself prepared for those things. Really hope I could get through. (: Er btw, I was wondering is it neccessary to ask the interviewer question?

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:35 pm

amore wrote:Thanks Sherrielynn! It really does help. (: it's very kind of you to share ur experience during interview with me. Now I can get myself prepared for those things. Really hope I could get through. (: Er btw, I was wondering is it neccessary to ask the interviewer question?
no prob.
its almost every girl's dream to join an airline. least it gives you some form of preparation.
=)

as for the interviewer thing, she did ask me if i have anything to ask her. I was pretty slow on that, i'm not too sure about what to ask her. but when i asked my friend, she told me i should asked her about the career advancement in silkair, maybe a little about benefits from the company. ( don't ask too much on that, its a little sensitive. 1st interview only asking about benefits. lol. )

but my friend did tell me if you ask her about your salary, she will give you a range of roughly 1.8 - 2.2k .
If she does, go for the highest, they are bound to lower down the salary. =)
good luck amore !
Flutterby Flutterby

chichi14

Post by chichi14 » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:46 pm

The HR told us, salary is definitely around 2k if you sum it all up.

During my interview, the lady asked me if I have questions for her. I answered her "nothing at all" because I already did my research online. It was moronic of me to answer her that way I know but I guess, it's not all necessary. After that, she just smiled at me and gave me the ticket for the next round.

Just remember to appear like you know very well what you're getting yourself into.

amore

Post by amore » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:40 am

Gee. Thanks Sherrielynn & Chichi14! (: Btw Chichi14, are you in Silkair now?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 1:36 pm

When I was with Silkair, I never took home less than SGD2.2k.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jojoleona » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 3:36 pm

silkair paywise is bt 2.5 to3k...
When there's a will, there's a way.

chichi14

Post by chichi14 » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 5:12 pm

amore wrote:Gee. Thanks Sherrielynn & Chichi14! (: Btw Chichi14, are you in Silkair now?
I signed the bond last week, training is next week.

babie_gal

Post by babie_gal » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 6:01 pm

helo! anyone here know when is SILK air next recruitment? anyone can help??? thx :???:
(>_<)""~~~~~~

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 1:52 pm

Next recruitment??
Count your blessing if u dont lose your job...
Now recessesion period,every industry is affected...
I dont think there will be any recruitment for the time being..
Correct me if i'm wrong..even some of my friends in MI is earning lesser now..

I remebered there's one time i went for the interview during the 1-1 interview,i actually asked about recession,about cutting down flights and lesser salary...but she assured me that it will not happened but there was b4 the government declared recession crisis...Oh well, my prediction is true...

Nevertheless i'm still looking forward for the next interview too:)
Anyway lets update each other!!!

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 2:55 pm

Ya, hopefully they gonna have recruitment again soon. :)

Chinchilla

Post by Chinchilla » Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:25 am

Yes, it's true that the flying hours have been cut. It may be due to the recession and maybe due to the previous high recruitment. Now that there are more girls, the schedule is not as tight as before. But that will mean less flight allowances.
bluexob wrote:Next recruitment??
Count your blessing if u dont lose your job...
Now recessesion period,every industry is affected...
I dont think there will be any recruitment for the time being..
Correct me if i'm wrong..even some of my friends in MI is earning lesser now..

I remebered there's one time i went for the interview during the 1-1 interview,i actually asked about recession,about cutting down flights and lesser salary...but she assured me that it will not happened but there was b4 the government declared recession crisis...Oh well, my prediction is true...

Nevertheless i'm still looking forward for the next interview too:)
Anyway lets update each other!!!

desucks

Desiree Yong Of Batch 72 ?

Post by desucks » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 1:46 pm

Oh my Gosh, she claims she is a cabin crew of Singapore Airlines and why is that so when she is from silkair. Is she allowed to do that. ?

http://www.hotstuffmag.net/modelsDetail.php?ID=063DY

Fatty
Regular
Regular

Re: Desiree Yong Of Batch 72 ?

Post by Fatty » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 3:53 am

desucks wrote:Oh my Gosh, she claims she is a cabin crew of Singapore Airlines and why is that so when she is from silkair. Is she allowed to do that. ?

hw u knw she is frm silk air instead of sia? :???:

desucks

Re: Desiree Yong Of Batch 72 ?

Post by desucks » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 2:40 am

Fatty wrote:
desucks wrote:Oh my Gosh, she claims she is a cabin crew of Singapore Airlines and why is that so when she is from silkair. Is she allowed to do that. ?

hw u knw she is frm silk air instead of sia? :???:
saw her before,heard about her from a friend too, wondered why she claim she is from SIA instate of silkair